TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• road2.jpg
    road2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 13
pardon me if this was mentioned or asked before:

Was he wearing long sleeves, hat, gloves? What kind of boots did he have on?
Any weapons visible like gun, knife..? Did he have a beard, mustache, etc?

After her abduction, did anyone notice any men appearing to have scratches or bruises on their hands, face, arms etc?

Are there any properties around Holly's home that are described as deer lease land? Out of towners leasing...?

Just a few thoughts.....

BBM: ok, LOL annboleyn (although I don't think this sitaution is anything to laugh about.)

Now seriously- the kidnapper is described as being in camo, there are various reports of the whole turkey season thing, the blood found... being armed and dangerous seems like a good add-on to the FBI poster. Am I crazy??

Remember that having on Camo does not mean you are a turkey hunter. I see people in camo every week in town that are not turkey hunting. Many are teens that may not even own a gun.

Since the perp was not seen with a weapon, I don't think the poster should describe him as armed and dangerous.

Oh something else that I am starting to think about is Mother's Day on Sunday. My mom has passed on but I was concerned for Holly's mom. I am going to say some extra prayers for her and her family.

The way that LE has been so tight lipped about everything, it is a wonder why their is silence and no info coming forth.

That always bothers - that items of evidence in these cases are probably thrown away because the person who found them didn't know they were important.

I loved what they did in Kyron's case, where they got duplicates of everything he was wearing, head to toe, and had the presser and showed them, holding them up, and then released pictures of them. That was such an excellent idea.

That's more where I was going with people searching their property.
Just from a SAR perspective- this is the way I think- and this is NOT blame in any way at all. It's being aware of what might be going on right beside you, when you live in a rural environment. Heck, when you live anywhere.

How did that shoe that's not yours end up way out on your back twenty? Or that empty can of coke? That empty pack of cigs? The deer stand that you didn't put up? Tire tracks on your property that aren't where you drove recently? I think that's what LE is looking for, when they are requesting people look at their properties.
JMHO.

I know no one wants to bother LE with unimportant tips for sure, because they are busy enough; but it doesn't hurt to pay attention to details.

That's where I was going with that thought.

If someone is categorized as being an abductor or kidnapper, I would play it on the safe side and state he may be armed. For sure he did not have good intentions on his mind when doing this.

I never stated that the guy was a hunter. I was using deer lease as an example of something that might have taken place.

Remember that having on Camo does not mean you are a turkey hunter. I see people in camo every week in town that are not turkey hunting. Many are teens that may not even own a gun.

Since the perp was not seen with a weapon, I don't think the poster should describe him as armed and dangerous.

10EC_Dad, I didn't mean that he should be marked as armed and dangerous because of the camo. Just that when you put together all of the factors- it seems like this abductor is likely volatile, and MAY have had a weapon.

How do we know he didn't have a weapon?

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting 3 college boys from Johnson City Tenn. who are vacationing here. I asked them about Holly and they had no clue what I was talking about. They had not heard of the case. Sadly, I told them the little bit we know.
I think they are playing it too close to the vest when people living in the state havent even heard of Holly!

Look at a map of TN. From Johnson City, you can be in Washington D.C. in about the time to get to where Holly lives.

In addition, that part of the state (Tri Cities) is very regional.

pardon me if this was mentioned or asked before:

Was he wearing long sleeves, hat, gloves? What kind of boots did he have on?
Any weapons visible like gun, knife..? Did he have a beard, mustache, etc?

After her abduction, did anyone notice any men appearing to have scratches or bruises on their hands, face, arms etc?

Are there any properties around Holly's home that are described as deer lease land? Out of towners leasing...?

Just a few thoughts.....

Very good questions! I believe I read on the FBI website that Holly was wearing a pink top and light blue jeans, but the only description that we have of the perp is that he's 5'8"-6' tall, weighs 180-220 lbs and was wearing camos but nothing else. It would be nice to know a few more details. I don't know about you, but I would be terrified to go check a wooded area on my property if I owned several acres without knowing what I might be up against. When I lived in TN a lot of properties had old abandoned buildings located back in the woods and unless you know what you're doing you might be taking a risk. I'm surprised LE hasn't said more with regards to the safety of the community. I hope no one goes out looking alone and by all means I hope they have a cellphone on them. One never knows what you might come across.

the camo was described as being turkey hunter (style) camo which I guess is a particular style of camo.

Myself, I would consider the suspect armed and dangerous since he took Holly and blood was found at the scene. LE said they felt she was in fear for her life.

10EC_Dad, I didn't mean that he should be marked as armed and dangerous because of the camo. Just that when you put together all of the factors- it seems like this abductor is likely volatile, and MAY have had a weapon.

How do we know he didn't have a weapon?

I think LE has a responsibility to try and be as accurate as possible. The description "armed and dangerous" should be reserved for cases where the perp is known to be armed and dertermined to be a dangerous threat to the general public. There is no evidence of that in this case.

There was blood (belonging to?) and LE said she was led away "in fear for her life". If not armed, surely dangerous at least? But if not armed, why did she not fight back, struggle, drop her belongings?

the camo was described as being turkey hunter (style) camo which I guess is a particular style of camo.

Myself, I would consider the suspect armed and dangerous since he took Holly and blood was found at the scene. LE said they felt she was in fear for her life.

Camo "style" or pattern relates to blending in to the local surroundings and not the animal you are hunting. The articles of camo clothing is usually determined by a combination of the animal you are hunting and the weather. For example, the turkey has keen eyesight, therefore, the hunter will wear a face covering. However, deer do not see very well but have a keen sense of smell, therefore, a deer hunter does not need to cover their face in camo (unless for warmth), will wear hunter safety orange, and use a camo scent.

Again, wearing camo does not make you a weapon owner.

Surely the brother would know if the perp was wearing a hat, jacket, etc, or even carrying a weapon. Was the perp pointing a gun at her and forcing her to walk into the woods? A lot of the details just don't add up in this case.

There was blood (belonging to?) and LE said she was led away "in fear for her life". If not armed, surely dangerous at least? But if not armed, why did she not fight back, struggle, drop her belongings?

I understand the the perp may have threatened Holly and was a danger to her. For the purpose of LE classification, that does not make him "armed and dangerous" to the general public.

When I hear a perp being labled as "armed and dangerous" in my area, I take an extra precaution for the potential of a person with intent and ability to cause harm to the general public. Think about it, if every perp of a certian level of crime was always announced as being "armed and dangerous", the specific classification would be diluted and not heeded in times it should be.

I do not mean to be argumentative. I like that LE is being responsible in the bigger picture.

Camo "style" or pattern relates to blending in to the local surroundings and not the the animal you are hunting. The articles of camo clothing is usually determined by a combination of the animal you are hunting and the weather. For example, the turkey has keen eyesight, therefore, the hunter will wear a face covering. However, deer do not see very well but have a keen sense of smell, therefoer, a deer hunter does not need to cover their face in camo (unless for warmth), will wear hunter safety orange, and use a camo scent.

Again, wearing camo does not make you a weapon owner.

Aparntly there is "turkey hunting camo" designed to be worn when hutning turkeys. Im not making it up... its been discussed here several times with links provided. There was even a link to a video showing it being worn by turkey hunters.

No one is saying per say that this is a hunter. LE says hes in camo and I would assume he is armed and dangerous. Nothing about that at all implies a hunter although he could be one or could have some knowledge of the woods around that area, whcih the family and LE have also stated. So Im not making that up either.

I think LE has a responsibility to try and be as accurate as possible. The description "armed and dangerous" should be reserved for cases where the perp is known to be armed and dertermined to be a dangerous threat to the general public. There is no evidence of that in this case.

10EC_Dad, ITA with LE having a responsibilty to being as accurate as possible.

Respectfully, I disagree about the fact that there is no evidence of that in this case. I don't understand how information can be released that states Holly is the victim of an apparent kidnapping (per the FBI poster- I noted the special circumstances) by a man in camo- during a hunting season- with blood found- and several other missing people in the area, that LE is looking at- and not think about that.

I'm going to search:
http://www.co.madison.tn.us/index.aspx?nid=271

Seems like that might be the best resource right now.

Surely the brother would know if the perp was wearing a hat, jacket, etc, or even carrying a weapon. Was the perp pointing a gun at her and forcing her to walk into the woods? A lot of the details just don't add up in this case.

Actually its not too confusing when you go back and look at the actual LE reports and not fifth hand descriptions of what did or didnt happen.

The brother glanced out a window and saw a man in "full camo" leading his sister into the woods. He thought she was walking into the woods with her boyfriend, which I guess is not unusual. Later when he found her car still at the house and blood on the ground he became suspicious and called the police. LE has not said how close or far away Holly and camo man were from the window and in what direction they were going. Judging from aerial photos of the house it could be anywhere from a few feet to 50 yards away. So there is not a lot of detail to the suspect description.

Honestly at this late date too the description of him wearing camo is pretty useless since I am sure in three weeks he has changed clothes and isnt standing out in Hollys back yard any more.

Aparntly there is "turkey hunting camo" designed to be worn when hutning turkeys. Im not making it up... its been discussed here several times with links provided. There was even a link to a video showing it being worn by turkey hunters.

No one is saying per say that this is a hunter. LE says hes in camo and I would assume he is armed and dangerous. Nothing about that at all implies a hunter although he could be one or could have some knowledge of the woods around that area, whcih the family and LE have also stated. So Im not making that up either.

Carla, I am not implying that you are making anything up.

I am telling you, as an avid hunter in Tennessee, what is true about camo and how it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304