TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't hurt to send emails to the media and ask them why they are not pressuring LE for updates...might not help, but it can't hurt.

I know if I lived in the community, I would be pressuring the media and/or LE for some sort of information or a PC.

Guess I've become negative about LE and Holly.

IMO LE wants the glory of solving this case themselves and are unwilling to allow others, especially outsiders, to get involved. I don't think they are keeping things close to their vests. IMO they don't have info enough to keep it close. Searches have gone in several directions, even from one county to another with no results of which we have been aware. No updates. No pressers. Nothing. Maybe I'll eat my words, but I just don't think they have much info toward solving this case. IMO they need to open this up and ask for outside help.

I knew that, but the comment about searches is still viable, I would assume. I guess they feel the large areas of interest so far have already been searched.

Do we know if LE never checked on what Holly was doing the day before her abduction, or the month before her abduction, no, does this mean they never checked, no.
Do we know if Holly's mother saw her on the morning of the abduction, no, do we know if LE knows this, I bet they do.
Do we know why Holly's parents aren't making pleas to the media, no, but I bet they know why they are not, and I bet it is in the best interest of their daughter and LE advising them not to.
The fact is we don't know what or why things are going the way they are in this case, but I don't feel like there is nothing but back woods LE working on this case, there is a reason why they are doing what they are doing and if Holly's parents are going along with it, it is good enough for me.
Yes it is frustrating, but what if it is in the best interest of Holly and not LE just wanting all the glory or them not having any information at all? Can we not accept that?
I believe that LE are more focused on what they are doing, than worrying about pacifying the public as to what is going on with the case.

I honestly hope LE is on top of this case and knows what is what. If not, they will have a lot of catch-up to do, if and when they decide they do need more help from the public and their collective memories.

The only parties that can maintain public interest, and therefore create possible breaks, in a case are the families and LE. If neither is talking to the media or public, then there isn't much for any of here to even talk about. Holly is missing, the end.

Here's an article about bodies being found in the Cumberland River because of flooding. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/cumberland-river-flooding_n_561129.html

IMOm If such a convenient means presented itself to a perp., I suppose he would take advantage of trying to remove evidence from the body and make it look like the body was in another location and just got washed away by the flooding. This has probably already been covered thoroughly by some of you and I failed to read all of the posts.

Holly's own page is private and there are some whack pages named Holly Bobo

Holly's FB is private and thus cannot be discussed here, if not open to all to see.

The support/bash FB's do not meet our criteria for FB as spelled out in our rules and thus not to be discussed here.

I knew that, but the comment about searches is still viable, I would assume. I guess they feel the large areas of interest so far have already been searched.

BBM

I also think that perhaps LE believes any search after the recent rain storms and winds would most likely turn up items not associated with the investigation. I'm sure there is a significant amount of trash and other things people discarded that were moved around.

LE isn't talking; family isn't talking. I have to assume they have no need for help from the public and will sit back and await the reports of an arrest and the finding of Holly.

LE isn't talking; family isn't talking. I have to assume they have no need for help from the public and will sit back and await the reports of an arrest and the finding of Holly.

I think the $80,000 reward is still offered. At this point, what can they say that has not been said many times? We do not know what leads remain unchecked or what pursuits are taking place.

Either they do not have the perps DNA or there are no matches on file. As time passes, how the lunchbox and possible other item of significance got to their found places is puzzling.

Do we know if LE never checked on what Holly was doing the day before her abduction, or the month before her abduction, no, does this mean they never checked, no.
Do we know if Holly's mother saw her on the morning of the abduction, no, do we know if LE knows this, I bet they do.
Do we know why Holly's parents aren't making pleas to the media, no, but I bet they know why they are not, and I bet it is in the best interest of their daughter and LE advising them not to.
The fact is we don't know what or why things are going the way they are in this case, but I don't feel like there is nothing but back woods LE working on this case, there is a reason why they are doing what they are doing and if Holly's parents are going along with it, it is good enough for me.
Yes it is frustrating, but what if it is in the best interest of Holly and not LE just wanting all the glory or them not having any information at all? Can we not accept that?
I believe that LE are more focused on what they are doing, than worrying about pacifying the public as to what is going on with the case.

True, we know none of the things you listed.

But, I disagree when it comes to LE, and what they do or do not know. As for the part regarding a parent in this situation following the advice of LE, and if it's in their best interest or not...I strongly disagree. Too much time has passed for that, plain and simple. In the beginning, yes. Now? No. What LE has been doing aint' workin'. Time for another approach. IMO.

At this point, nearly a month later,... I say LE, or anyone for that matter would have a VERY difficult if not impossible task of trying to get a Mother or family to sit back and just WAIT, silently if they believed their child was still alive. The only way I can logically see that happening is if the family, Mother, Father, etc is sooo emotionally distraught that they don't have the energy or ability to do otherwise. Or, if they have a blind trust in LE. Which to me, is a very scary thought.

If a parent truly believed that their child was being held hostage and alive some place for almost 30 days, would they really sit by, patiently and hope for the best, after ALL this time?

Do I think a family should give up hope? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. But, sit by and do nothing. Most families would not be able to sit still, let alone by quiet. Case history is a shining example of that.

After almost one month missing. I see no benefit in remaining silent. None what so ever. Let LE remain silent with their facts, but as a family...you do what you have to do. And, I'll leave it at that.

Here's an article about bodies being found in the Cumberland River because of flooding. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/cumberland-river-flooding_n_561129.html

IMOm If such a convenient means presented itself to a perp., I suppose he would take advantage of trying to remove evidence from the body and make it look like the body was in another location and just got washed away by the flooding. This has probably already been covered thoroughly by some of you and I failed to read all of the posts.

That article is from last year (5/3/2010) when we were having flooding.

There was another body found last Saturday night that has not been identified, but has been thoroughly discussed. The body has only been described as being a woman and being in the water for "an extended period of time."

True, we know none of the things you listed.

But, I disagree when it comes to LE, and what they do or do not know. As for the part regarding a parent in this situation following the advice of LE, and if it's in their best interest or not...I strongly disagree. Too much time has passed for that, plain and simple. In the beginning, yes. Now? No. What LE has been doing aint' workin'. Time for another approach. IMO.

At this point, nearly a month later,... I say LE, or anyone for that matter would have a VERY difficult if not impossible task of trying to get a Mother or family to sit back and just WAIT, silently if they believed their child was still alive. The only way I can logically see that happening is if the family, Mother, Father, etc is sooo emotionally distraught that they don't have the energy or ability to do otherwise. Or, if they have a blind trust in LE. Which to me, is a very scary thought.

If a parent truly believed that their child was being held hostage and alive some place for almost 30 days, would they really sit by, patiently and hope for the best, after ALL this time?

Do I think a family should give up hope? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. But, sit by and do nothing. Most families would not be able to sit still, let alone by quiet. Case history is a shining example of that.

After almost one month missing. I see no benefit in remaining silent. None what so ever. Let LE remain silent with their facts, but as a family...you do what you have to do. And, I'll leave it at that.

Well, I hate to judge people's actions in situations that I can't imagine being in. I would not judge privacy as to "sit by and do nothing". I don't know that there is a right answer to how best respond in a situation like this. What is the purpose, at this stage, of crying on Nancy Grace Show? To prove you are a concerned parent, as if you owe that to us? How many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family?

I have a really bad feeling about this case. Praying for Holly to be alive. :nerves::nerves:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23