So who does Aphrodite Jones think is the killer is?

LE believed that the Rs hired MB that very night. JR was questioned at some point (I'll look that up and give a link) about that very thing and his being paid later from funds donated to the once Jonbenet Foundation.
BBM

Fleet told us that Ramsey lawyer Mike Bynum had called them shortly after the body was discovered. Surely he was talking about December 27, the night John Ramsey talked with Bynum at the Fernie house. White found his notes and said, “No, it was the day before, on the afternoon of December 26.” You sure of that date? I asked. White checked his notes again. Yes.
The minds of two detectives went into overdrive. The body of JonBenét was found at 1:05 P.M., and John and Patsy left the house at about 2:30 P.M. NOW White was saying that an attorney was already in play, calling witnesses, only a few hours later. WOW!
Fleet added that he was also interviewed by three people associated with Team Ramsey the following day, December 27, when he didn’t know any better than to speak with them. The private investigators weren’t out canvassing the neighborhood for an intruder but were pinpointing the Ramseys’ best friends while the police were being stalled.
JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 287 - 288

Yep, that screams innocent alright!

Thank you Cynic, you are da bomb!

That's a bit unfair and probably offensive Roy.

Cynic has posted a couple of very thorough posts in a different thread detailing exactly why some of us are skeptical as to the relevance and reliability of the DNA evidence.

We may have different feelings about it, but that doesn't mean we disregard it.

Pineapple and spider webs really is a little belittling given on their own they sound like we're not interested in the case, that we don't want it solved.

You know the reason people look at these.
Possible entry point had spider webs on it - to some it may discredit it as being an entry point. Personally, I don't agree as I've seen many spiders building webs at night in preparation for the morning's feast. But doesn't make the point irrelevant.

And unexplained pineapple as you well know IS important. It helps to narrow down the window for the time of death. Something we are ALL interested in doing irrespective of RDI/IDI/I dunno WHO did it. And it's a source of contention with the statements given by the family members - something that goes towards establishing their credibility.

Every bit of evidence is clearly important, RDI don't have the DNA evidence as high as you on their ladder, but you apparently don't have the pineapple or the spider webs as being relevant at all.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's a bit unfair and probably offensive Roy.

Cynic has posted a couple of very thorough posts in a different thread detailing exactly why some of us are skeptical as to the relevance and reliability of the DNA evidence.

We may have different feelings about it, but that doesn't mean we disregard it.

Pineapple and spider webs really is a little belittling given on their own they sound like we're not interested in the case, that we don't want it solved.

You know the reason people look at these.
Possible entry point had spider webs on it - to some it may discredit it as being an entry point. Personally, I don't agree as I've seen many spiders building webs at night in preparation for the morning's feast. But doesn't make the point irrelevant.

And unexplained pineapple as you well know IS important. It helps to narrow down the window for the time of death. Something we are ALL interested in doing irrespective of RDI/IDI/I dunno WHO did it. And it's a source of contention with the statements given by the family members - something that goes towards establishing their credibility.

Every bit of evidence is clearly important, RDI don't have the DNA evidence as high as you on their ladder, but you apparently don't have the pineapple or the spider webs as being relevant at all.

Hold onto your llama, Wonder, its another IDI ride on the Ramsey roller coaster :rollercoaster:

Proof :smiliescale: innuendo .... Hmmm, proof tips the scale....

LE believed that the Rs hired MB that very night. JR was questioned at some point (I'll look that up and give a link) about that very thing and his being paid later from funds donated to the once Jonbenet Foundation.
REPORTER: What do you want to say to the killer of your daughter?
JOHN RAMSEY: We'll find you. We will find you. I have that as a sole mission for the rest of my life.
REPORTER: Mrs. Ramsey?
PATSY RAMSEY: Likewise.
http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/05011997ramseymediainterview.htm

More lip service:

"We hope to start an organization called SHOES as an outreach of the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation, which will advocate legislation, offer resources and rewards, and establish computer databases-all focused as effective tools to both prevent violent crimes against children and to assist in the capture of child murderers.
We will use computerized tools to track pedophiles and sex offenders and also use experienced, retired detectives and top experts as resources to aid, and in some cases challenge, local police departments. We will put funds in place to offer significant rewards for information, when appropriate, to apprehend child killers.
SHOES will advocate legislation to elevate the murder of a child under the age of thirteen to a federal offense. After all, a bank robbery is a federal offense, and by law our nation treats this as a most serious crime. Do we as a country care more about our money than our children?"
"The Death of Innocence" page 390

And more lip service:

Mr. RAMSEY: We want the foundation to focus on protecting America's children against predators. I would like the murder of a child to be treated in this country as a federal offense. But there's been over a thousand children murdered in their homes since JonBenet was murdered, yet we don't know about it. We should, as a country, respond to that the best that we can. We don't today.

Results?
SHOES never happened, and the JonBenét Ramsey Children's Foundation, was essentially a sham designed to spin a little positive public relations.

Ramseys writing book on daughter's death
By Christopher Anderson, Camera Staff Writer
November 6, 1999

Proceeds from the Ramseys' book will go towards the Ramseys' legal expenses and the JonBenét Ramsey Children's Foundation.
The foundation was formed Feb. 3, 1997, with the goal of benefiting "children who are in a variety of needs," a Ramsey family spokeswoman said at the time.
By March of this year, the only known significant contributions made to the foundation came from the family itself and one of the family's attorneys
IRS records showed the foundation's "charitable activities" amounted to $769 given to Crime Stoppers "to assist their effort to obtain crime leads" and $596 for "advertising soliciting information into the murder of JonBenét Ramsey."
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-foundations.htm

Now, let’s compare that to someone who is driven by a zeal for child advocacy, rather than self preservation. (Granted, I’m sure that John Ramsey’s golf commitments leave him precious little time to pursue justice.)

There are two organizations bearing the name of Klaas and dedicated to helping children. One is the Polly Klaas Foundation. It continues to work with law enforcement and the public to protect America's youngsters. Its mission statement says the organization is "dedicated to educating the public on the prevention of child abduction, aiding in the search for missing children, and acting as a means to bring the issue of missing children to the forefront." Jenni Thompson is the Director of Communications for the Polly Klaas Foundation. "We've assisted over 4,900 families to date," she related, "and have about an 85% success rate. Success is defined as kids coming home safely. Over 800,000 children in the U.S. are either missing or abducted each year. These include runaway children, children that are lost, children missing under suspicious circumstances where it is not known if they were abducted or not, and family as well as non-family abductions. Everyone in the field of missing children, not just the Polly Klaas Foundation, now use the term 'non-family abductions' because rarely is it a complete stranger."
Marc Klaas began the Polly Klaas Foundation. Since it is a non-profit group, it cannot engage in political lobbying. Marc Klaas wanted to change laws so he left the foundation to start the Marc Klaas Foundation for Children, now known as the KlaasKids Foundation. Like the Polly Klaas Foundation, KlaasKids seeks to increase knowledge of child safety issues; unlike it, KlaasKids also works for "stronger sentencing for violent criminals."
The life of pretty and talented Polly Klaas was cut short in a horrible way. However, she did not die in vain. Her loss has inspired many people to work on behalf of America's children, and that inspiration has contributed to the rescuing of other children. Quite a legacy for a child who did not live to see her 13th birthday.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/klaas/8b.html

Klaas uses his unsought notoriety to help other parents find their missing children, to lobby for tougher state and federal laws against kidnappers, and to promote better security against abductions.
Klaas _ who has quit his job running a car-rental agency to devote all his time to children's causes _ also has emerged as an outspoken advocate for the kinds of get-tough-on-criminals measures being debated in Congress and many state legislatures. Indeed, it was Polly Klaas' high-profile case that provided the impetus for California's ``three-strikes-you're-out'' statute, which has spawned similar efforts around the country.
- Boston Globe

In the aftermath of the Oct 1, 1993 kidnap and murder of his twelve-year-old daughter Polly, Marc Klaas gave up his lucrative rental car franchise to pursue an aggressive child safety mission. Mr. Klaas co-founded BeyondMissing, Inc., a federally funded California public benefit non-profit corporation to give meaning to Polly’s death and to create a legacy in her name that will protect children for generations to come. BeyondMissing provides America’s law enforcement community with a free and secure Website to easily and swiftly create and distribute missing child flyers via broadcast fax, email, and SMS technology.
Through federal and state legislative efforts Mr. Klaas promotes prevention programs for at-risk youth, stronger sentencing for violent criminals and governmental accountability and responsibility. Often times this advocacy takes the form of legislative testimony.
Besides his duties as volunteer president of the KlaasKids Foundation and president of BeyondMissing, Inc. Mr. Klaas sits on the advisory boards of the Center for the Community Interest; Fight Crime Invest in Kids and the National Children’s Advocacy Center.
http://childrenseducationalnetwork.com/contact/boardofadvisors.asp

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-prog.htm

Klaas said when his own daughter, Polly, was abducted in 1993, police viewed him, too as a possible suspect.
“Statistically, parents or relatives are involved in most Child abductions,” Klaas said. “That’s why parents are suspects.”
Klaas said he cooperated completely with investigators on his daughter’s case and recalled telling them, “I’ll dance on the table naked for you if you want,” to speed the investigation.

As was standard in such cases, both Eve Nichol and her ex-husband, Polly's father, Marc Klaas, took polygraph tests. Both were ruled out as suspects.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/klaas/3b.html

Ramsey talks the talk, but Klaas walks the walk.

REPORTER: What do you want to say to the killer of your daughter?
JOHN RAMSEY: We'll find you. We will find you. I have that as a sole mission for the rest of my life.
REPORTER: Mrs. Ramsey?
PATSY RAMSEY: Likewise.
http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/05011997ramseymediainterview.htm

More lip service:

Klaas said when his own daughter, Polly, was abducted in 1993, police viewed him, too as a possible suspect.
“Statistically, parents or relatives are involved in most Child abductions,” Klaas said. “That’s why parents are suspects.”
Klaas said he cooperated completely with investigators on his daughter’s case and recalled telling them, “I’ll dance on the table naked for you if you want,” to speed the investigation.

As was standard in such cases, both Eve Nichol and her ex-husband, Polly's father, Marc Klaas, took polygraph tests. Both were ruled out as suspects.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/klaas/3b.html

Ramsey talks the talk, but Klaas walks the walk.

That says it all! Cynic>>>> :takeabow: Agatha>>>> :woot::woot::woot:

Hold onto your llama, Wonder, its another IDI ride on the Ramsey roller coaster :rollercoaster:

Proof :smiliescale: innuendo .... Hmmm, proof tips the scale....

Sorry you believe that.

You're not seriously pushing that old line, are you?

Dave,

Sorry to change the subject but what can you tell me about this Jameson character? Ran across something and am just wondering what you may know about him or her.

Whilst I accept the doing what your lawyers say part, I don't accept the evasiveness.

The Ramsey's Lawyers have done a fantastic job at protecting them, but that really makes you ask, why is a fantastic job needed?

And I was also under the impression that, like OJ, this family weren't going to stop until they found the killer of their child. That is where I suspect the rest of us divert from the 'what happened in the last 8 years doesn't matter' theory.

Cos what have they done in the last 8 years to help find their daughter's killer?

I was looking for a good opportunity to bring this up for Roy's consumption, llama, and you provided me with one:

The Ramsey's Lawyers have done a fantastic job at protecting them, but that really makes you ask, why is a fantastic job needed?

That's the way I look at it, llama. It seems that whenever Roy and I get into it, it always comes back to Nixon and Wategate, and there's a reason for that, because I believe in both cases, the cover-up was worse than the crime.

A few years ago, a defense lawyer-turned talking head named Larry Pozner said that a new Grand Jury should be called to investigate the Boulder police and their conduct in this case.

Now, let me establish right off that I do not like Larry Pozner or any of the other National Lawyers Guild-types like him. But that's not important. What is important is that no such action was taken and that he is ignorant enough not to know why.

Anybody want to guess? I'll save you the trouble! I'll TELL you guys why there was no Grand Jury investigation into the Boulder police department; it's the SAME reason why the DA didn't want to call one in this case and then sabotaged it when it WAS formed:

because then the DA would have had to admit their OWN sins, as Henry Lee put it. I once got into it with some IDI on another forum who agreed with Poz. I told this person, "great idea! Let's have them investigate the DA's office, Lou Smit, and the Ramsey attorneys while they're at it!"

Ths subject was QUICKLY dropped.

I was looking for a good opportunity to bring this up for Roy's consumption, llama, and you provided me with one:

That's the way I look at it, llama. It seems that whenever Roy and I get into it, it always comes back to Nixon and Wategate, and there's a reason for that, because I believe in both cases, the cover-up was worse than the crime.

A few years ago, a defense lawyer-turned talking head named Larry Pozner said that a new Grand Jury should be called to investigate the Boulder police and their conduct in this case.

Now, let me establish right off that I do not like Larry Pozner or any of the other National Lawyers Guild-types like him. But that's not important. What is important is that no such action was taken and that he is ignorant enough not to know why.

Anybody want to guess? I'll save you the trouble! I'll TELL you guys why there was no Grand Jury investigation into the Boulder police department; it's the SAME reason why the DA didn't want to call one in this case and then sabotaged it when it WAS formed:

because then the DA would have had to admit their OWN sins, as Henry Lee put it. I once got into it with some IDI on another forum who agreed with Poz. I told this person, "great idea! Let's have them investigate the DA's office, Lou Smit, and the Ramsey attorneys while they're at it!"

Ths subject was QUICKLY dropped.

Well lets investigate the Grand Jury, the FBI, and Henry Lee as well since they probably advised not to take this case to trial. Old Lou made them see the error of their ways.

And I could not unequivocally change the RDI movement anyhow from what I read here.

You can't stop an avalanche, Roy.

RDI's have a different feeling on DNA for the most part. They care more about Pineapple and Spider Webs.

Good reason for that...

I want EVERY case solved. It is my Kryptonite. The Cantu case was textbook but this one haunts me.

I know what you mean.

Pineapple and spider webs really is a little belittling given on their own they sound like we're not interested in the case, that we don't want it solved. Every bit of evidence is clearly important, RDI don't have the DNA evidence as high as you on their ladder, but you apparently don't have the pineapple or the spider webs as being relevant at all.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He's good at that, llama. He's subtle. Even had me taken in! Can you believe that?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ugh, I meant absolutely no harm in that comment FWIW. My point is that we have different views on the values of each scenario.

Dave,

Sorry to change the subject but what can you tell me about this Jameson character? Ran across something and am just wondering what you may know about him or her.

NOTHING GOOD, I can assure you! A redneck housewife who had made it her mission in life to grab as much money as she can while sliming anyone who doesn't worship the ground John Ramsey and Lin Wood walk on!

In fact, she's partly responsible for me being here and like I am!

What specifically would you like to know?

NOTHING GOOD, I can assure you! A redneck housewife who had made it her mission in life to grab as much money as she can while sliming anyone who doesn't worship the ground John Ramsey and Lin Wood walk on!

In fact, she's partly responsible for me being here and like I am!

What specifically would you like to know?

Hmmm! I see she started a message board and had done her own investigation according to her. Seems to have interjected herself into the case. Is she still around? Does she know any of the people personally in the case as far as you know?

Well lets investigate the Grand Jury, the FBI, and Henry Lee as well since they probably advised not to take this case to trial.

You don't seem to understand, pilgrim. That's my WHOLE POINT.

Tell me, why do you think the person I said that to was so quick to drop the matter? I'll let you answer that before I tell you.

Old Lou made them see the error of their ways.

I wish someone had made him see the error of his own!

(BTW, does anyone out there understand the significance of the orange lettering?)

Hmmm! I see she started a message board and had done her own investigation according to her.

That sounds about right.

Seems to have interjected herself into the case.

That's putting it in the very mildest terms.

Is she still around?

Oh, she's still creeping around somewhere.

Does she know any of the people personally in the case as far as you know?

Well, to hear her tell it, she knew (or at least met) both the Ramsey parents, Lin Wood and was friendly with Lou Smit (which should tell you something!)

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress