2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah - seems RB got a little talking to about having that laptop screen within ICA's view - notice how she kept holding it way up in the air? Then she moved. ha ha

Something I learned from my African-American friends. There are certain areas they are sensitive to. Not judging people could mean "color of skin", judging someone because they have heard "gossip". And she does not need a PhD to hear certain facts presented in this case. By day two, she'll be up to speed and sometimes it's the meekest juror that "gets it" and can see right through the person on trial. jmo

Looks like DS was told to tell RB to get the laptop away from KC.

ETA: I am pretty sure I saw KC say "My mom" again while she was holding her hand up like a phone.

You make a point, it is worthy to note, in the OJ case, only one juror had ever even heard of DNA before the case began. They did not have the educational back ground to grasp the significance and relevance of DNA and the verdict I believe reflected it.

That and you have to understand all the other things happening in LA at that time. It was not a good time out here during the OJ case.

I used to work with a dead ringer of Rosalie B. She smelled overpoweringly of White Shoulders perfume and an underlying smell of sweat. :sick: You could always tell if she had been in the elevator or break room before you. Ugh!

:giggle:

You cannot strike someone because of bad faith reasons - particularly race. It is fundamental and very sensitive law and cases are often challenged on diallowed Batson objections. JA should have thought faster on his feet or pushed her harder. It will be interesting to see what the sidebar is about.

Thank you for your explanation on this. Do you have a legal background?

Any other lawyers on her right now? I want their opinions on this last lady. My long-term confidence about this case is now wavering.

An an attorney, I see this last lady as the one who could lead to a mistrial.
When people do not understand something, they will discount it when making a decision. She will like CM's folksy manner. She will like JB and the way he calls her "Miss." She will think casey looks too young and sweet to have murdered her kid.

Now I'm really worried. I would have done everything I could to make sure she's not on the jury. Oh boy.

I am an attorney and am shaking in my shoes. She, IMO, a classic wildcard who could hang the jury or, at best, cause a lot of frustration and discord. I would have done a WHOLE lot more to get her off the panel. But I also can't think what arguments are being made at sidebar? any idea what you could say at this point to the court? Are they trying to bring her back? I don't think that would help remove the taint.

RB was just told by SIMMS she can;t sit there and type and do what they were doing. KC wants to know why and who said this!

MO on what just went down.

Whatever KC is saying and gesturing to the Rose B is quite animated. Will be interested in what lip-readers will have to say later. Now her lawyer, Miss Simms just sat down next to KC and Rose B had to get up and move and she didn't look too happy.

I must say, that is the most I have ever seen KC talk since she lawyered up.

I used to work with a dead ringer of Rosalie B. She smelled overpoweringly of White Shoulders perfume and an underlying smell of sweat. :sick: You could always tell if she had been in the elevator or break room before you. Ugh!

Hey! Me too!

BBM.

That's the problem. She's not going to want to judge people based of other people's accounts. She said she doesn't like to judge others from what other people say. And that's EXACTLY what jurors do, and what they're supposed to do.

Hmm. :waitasec: I sort of got the felling she meant media, etc. before trial. Actual evidence presented at trial is a different animal to her altogether. In other words she doesn't believe what someone says solely on their word or opinion only.

That last lady just rubbed me the wrong way, for some reason. I'm honestly hoping she gets struck out in the next round. I think she'd be too much on the defenses side. :(

What will the third round of questioning be about?? What topic? TYIA

I understood her to mean that now she has heard of it, her interest has sparked, after being there this week.

I didn't interpret her meaning she knew anything of it and wanted to be there because of prior interest....

JMHO

I think what she meant was that being on a jury, in general, always interested her. Not the case per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173