2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooops...had the initials wrong....yes, they talked about who RB is. I hadn't seen the report before. Sorry for posting old news.

Oh so sorry ... no, it's not really "old news". I am very glad you posted it because I like to read what the MSM is saying about RB -- especially since she is married to an SK.

I was just saying that I first read about it here at WS the first day she appeared in court ... WS had the info quickly and the MSM didn't talk about it until much later ...

Have a nice day !

my video is delayed you guys are about 5 minutes ahead of me :(

Unfortunately I have to agree. I am seeing the possibility of a mistrial very likely.

ETA: Due to jurors specifically.
just chiming in my opinion: I do not see a mistrial at all. the judge has used the law every step of the way

just moo:twocents:

Don't count this woman out. The fact remains that she has not heard the evidence.

I can't remember if she has children, or if she is a grandmother...or for that matter if her own mother is still living.

Trust me when I say that older people are NOT going to like hearing how Casey Anthony acted after her daughter went missing, nor will they like hearing about how she stole from her ailing grandmother!

This woman could be the very first to raise her hand for guilty!

You know you are very right here. I am being to qick to judge.

I am afraid I want justice for Caylee so bad that I want all the jurors to be these hard a$$'$ and not remembering that peopel are so much more than an hour worth of questions.

Could I have a grapefruit tini over here stat!!!!:crazy:

I don't understand what was racial about it at all? I didn't even know she was African American - I was worried about her feelings about "judging" people.

I think everyone hearing the attorney say she is African American sent Judge P over the edge. IDK. It would have done that to me. If the lady heard it there are BIG problems with that. I am still uncertain what is going on.

They are having issues with RB. Looks like a disagreement. AF over to RB now. ICA looks upset that she could sit with RB.

Just got back...what did I miss
What's going on with Rosalie Bolin?

You can, but we are not there yet. The strikes happen in the final round.

I'm feeling a little confused about all this. I didn't think SA challenging was the same thing as using a strike. I thought it was the same thing the DT tried to do with a PJ, and when they were denied, they DID use a strike, whereas I got the impression JA chose to not use a strike. Am I wrong on all this?

I wonder which member of the defense team did the shopping for ICA's court clothes? Not being snarky, but I wonder who had that task.

Can someone please explain to me why Baez is so hellbent on having African Americans on the jury? It's not like the felon is black. Is it just because they are minorities and he is a minority?

I just don't get it... maybe I'm just slow.

I think it's 1 of 2 things, or both. Either he knows the jury will be mostly white and wants to be able to bring up how "concerned" he was throughout the whole process about lack of diversity, or he is of the erroneous belief that black people are somehow different from white people in the intellect, judgement or beliefs simply because of their skin color.

I wonder which member of the defense team did the shopping for ICA's court clothes? Not being snarky, but I wonder who had that task.

CA most likely brings them to the jail or to JB for her.

IMO, the state screwed up when they did not effectively question her nearly as long or indepth as they had for other pj. They decided to soon they were going to use their strike, and didnt think that HHJP would not allow it. Had they questioned longer etc...and at least gave the appearance that they were willing to listen and possibly not challenge, I think the HHJP may have allowed them to use the strike.

HHJP said her answers were similar to other jurors that SA didn't strike, and implied that the reason he did was a matter of racism. You could see it on HHJP's face, he was angry with JA for that reason.
Has HHJP compared any of the struck jurors with the ones allowed or has he only done so with this Juror. None of us aware of racial background but this lady does not have what it takes. It's not racist to say so. There have been plenty of dumb white folks too.
HHJP went down a HUGE notch in my estimation with that decision and the manner in which he made it.

When she hears what ICA did she wont have a problem judging. moo

Quite a few people really do believe that "only God can judge someone."
Nothing right or wrong about it, I knew of a priest when I was a kid who believed that.

ITA. Her answers went from what she thought to what she thought everyone wanted to hear. She's a pleaser.

But after the trial is over, do you want someone sticking a mic in her face and she says "I really didn't understand what was said in the trial and so I went along with everyone else." What kind of appeal issue does that raise?

Heard about CA being arrested.
Not much of a news person. I play games.
Heard something bout grandparents, don't recall.
Heard about trunk>baby found in it or...
Not read bout case. No discussions bout case. Not expressed opinions, but heard others talk bout case.

Oh so sorry ... no, it's not really "old news". I am very glad you posted it because I like to read what the MSM is saying about RB -- especially since she is married to an SK.

I was just saying that I first read about it here at WS the first day she appeared in court ... WS had the info quickly and the MSM didn't talk about it until much later ...

Have a nice day !

She is being referred to on other sites as IMASK - I married a Serial Killer.
Very apt I thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members