2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
HHJP said her answers were similar to other jurors that SA didn't strike, and implied that the reason he did was a matter of racism. You could see it on HHJP's face, he was angry with JA for that reason.
Has HHJP compared any of the struck jurors with the ones allowed or has he only done so with this Juror. None of us aware of racial background but this lady does not have what it takes. It's not racist to say so. There have been plenty of dumb white folks too.
HHJP went down a HUGE notch in my estimation with that decision and the manner in which he made it.

~Same here~ I am very disappointed in HHJP.

Facebook has fast become so intrusive in the past year or two..I went to my account and cant figure out how to delete contacts, nor stop the forewarding of messages to my email account..I always delete them and get the "Gerrrrr" with it clogging up my email inbox!! Yikes....

IF this guy indeed reply, whatever he replied could be found out..so he would be best to be honest about it...Also I would think it would be an obvious reaction when getting suppoeana'd to court for jury duty..and let you friends know...but at that point, have no idea just what case he would be involved with!!

I am sure some of the fine people would want to serve in this case, and NOT have agenda..however, it is always a wondering point... :twocents:

HHJP needs to come right out and and say - you do not even log on or open an email from FB. Period.

To me, lots has happened. JA used one of his peremptory challenges on a lady who sounded confused at best to me. It was objected to by JB as racially motivated and his objection was sustained. I am very worried about this lady and that she will cause a hung jury. She seems incapable of understanding basic questions, let alone complex expert testimony and she doesn't like to judge people.

If she ends up being one that might be easily swayed, the defense will be eating alot of crow at the end of the trial.

ICA just quickly wrote a note, folded it over and wrote JB's first name on it (I could see her print the 4 letters and then underline it) and passed it down.

(PS...I am watching online, I'm not there, just in case someone's wondering.)

What?? HHJP said no because of racial prejudice?? Really??

Yes, he would not allow state to strike because other jurors were passed through who had answers that were murky at first, then clarified and they were white.

Any idea why it isnt on in session channel any more??? It says will resume shortly, what happened?

AF: concerned with the cart before the horse part. the reason we ask about your feelings about DP now, is for instruction. No one knows if she is innocent or guilty. In response to her plea of not guilty it will frame the ...only if the verdict is first degree murder that you folks would proceed to a penalty phase. LWOP means just that, she will serve in prision and die in prision. If lethal she would live in jail until she would die.

yes.

AF: after hearing the judge, is there anything that would keep you from LWOP?

no

AF: your feelings re: DP. is that from before monday?

before that never gave thought.

AF: religious or personal beliefs?

none

AF: church, religious or political that is pro DP?

no

I had something more interesting to do, like separate and and categorize dust bunnies, so I could not watch today (translation: shoving bamboo shoots under my fingernails would be more appetizing) but is my favorite deputy on duty, watching the inmate with her eagle eyes??

~Same here~ I am very disappointed in HHJP.

Problem is if the Judge were to go ahead and overrule the defense, it would be alligations that the trial was being "racist," and then have a major threat of mistrial on your hands.
Pretty much a no-win situation for HHJP.

If she ends up being one that might be easily swayed, the defense will be eating alot of crow at the end of the trial.

she could also be one who gets dismissed with outside problems as they come up. we've seen that too. (spector)

Believe that he'll be back tomorrow. We're moving along today that's for sure.

I may be wrong and will try and find the tape of it....but, when JA said the state would challenge on the lady PJ, before he said why, CM popped up and told the judge that the lady was AA. HHJP said we all know that. JA then based his challenge on this lady saying she can't judge people. NOTHING was said about race except by CM!! JA brought up another reason for the challenge, HHJP bit his head off and that was that. JA will, no doubt, use one of the strikes to get rid of her. I hope he does.

I'm a bit worried but have my fingers crossed hoping HHBP knows what he's doing here. He doesn't want this case back.

To me, lots has happened. JA used one of his peremptory challenges on a lady who sounded confused at best to me. It was objected to by JB as racially motivated and his objection was sustained. I am very worried about this lady and that she will cause a hung jury. She seems incapable of understanding basic questions, let alone complex expert testimony and she doesn't like to judge people.

Gosh, I'm so very worried as well.

It won't matter though. Because the State will never give up. Even if they get a hung jury this time around they will try it again. If a hung jury happens this time I'll feel bad for the FL taxpayers because ICA might just be the most expensive criminal ever to convict.

They WILL eventually convict ICA for Caylee's murder. I'm just no longer as confident that it will happen if this lady remains on the jury.

Thats interesting, ICA wants nothing to do with parents no visit, etc.

And possibly going to get thrown under the bus and or put to shame as to how she/they raised their daughter but yet, Mother still brings her clothes to court.

I used to work in a jail and inmates were given their court clothes by us in the morning. Not sure how it works with ICA's wardrobe collection...she appears to have a lot of clothes.

Wow, I left a quick two hours and I come back and see alot of drama about someone who is definately on the jury?? Sounds like I missed alot. I am gonna go read, but meanwihle, how many do we have in the "pool" now? When I left we had 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie