MS MS - Glenda Hicks Kittrell, 52, State Line, 1 Jun 1999

T4Tide

Verified Registered Nurse
Reaction score
I can find very little information about this crime. There were numerous rumors after the crime, but eventually talk died down and nothing has been heard since.

On June 1st, 1999, Glenda Faye Hicks Kittrell was shot on her porch as she returned from work. Her estranged husband, William Dewey Kittrell, was missing from the area. Supposedly, he killed her and then fled. Rumor was that they were in a nasty divorce and Glenda was going to fight for some of their marital property, which included large amounts of family land. It was widely believed that he'd rather kill her than let her have anything. But why kill her over that and then run? I mean, now he doesn't get to enjoy any of it either, right?

Here is the link to his wanted poster:

http://www.crimenet.org/show_wanted.phtml?id=250&sid=

Amazingly, I can find absolutely NO information about Glenda... not even an obit. This happened in an extremely rural area with no newspaper, online reporting, etc. Glenda left behind 3 children and several grandchildren. I've just always felt like no one is really even looking for him.

I can find very little information about this crime. There were numerous rumors after the crime, but eventually talk died down and nothing has been heard since.

On June 1st, 1999, Glenda Faye Hicks Kittrell was shot on her porch as she returned from work. Her estranged husband, William Dewey Kittrell, was missing from the area. Supposedly, he killed her and then fled. Rumor was that they were in a nasty divorce and Glenda was going to fight for some of their marital property, which included large amounts of family land. It was widely believed that he'd rather kill her than let her have anything. But why kill her over that and then run? I mean, now he doesn't get to enjoy any of it either, right?

Here is the link to his wanted poster:

http://www.crimenet.org/show_wanted.phtml?id=250&sid=

Amazingly, I can find absolutely NO information about Glenda... not even an obit. This happened in an extremely rural area with no newspaper, online reporting, etc. Glenda left behind 3 children and several grandchildren. I've just always felt like no one is really even looking for him.
You might've seen this already. It's not the information you're looking for, but it might be a good starting point.
Scroll down to line 196.
Descendants of John Kittrell

The couple had four children. Doing a search for Glenda, I hit on a listing for the second son who's 42-43 and still lives in the same town. His first name is the father's middle name.

You might've seen this already. It's not the information you're looking for, but it might be a good starting point.
Scroll down to line 196.

The couple had four children. Doing a search for Glenda, I hit on a listing for the second son who's 42-43 and still lives in the same town. His first name is the father's middle name.

Yes, I've seen it before. I know them, and it seems they have no more knowledge than what I posted above. I know more than a couple of people on that site, and am familiar with the area. I haven't heard any new information on this murder in years, and I was looking to find some. I did notice this:

Five or six years ago, the wanted poster only mentioned the possibility of him living in WA state. Now it also includes Venice, LA.

I also found an obituary for his mother from 2008, and he was listed as a survivor.

Oh....and it is a very good possibility that if he has contact with some of his family, particularly his oldest son, they will not report this to LE.

Scroll down to line 196.

One of the rumors circulating at the time was that 2 of the children found Dewey and killed him before he could disappear. The amount of land the family owns he would never be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back