Jewelry/Clothing found with Princess Blue's remains

The one thing we know for certain is that the class ring Princess Blue was found with belonged to one of the girls who was in the Class of 1975 at Robert E. Lee (Houston) High School.

Are we sure that it is a woman's ring? Size 9-1/2 is awfully large for a woman, isn't it?

Are we sure that it is a woman's ring? Size 9-1/2 is awfully large for a woman, isn't it?

Yes, but where they said it had been sized up a couple of times, it sounds more like a woman gaining weight. Which I guess is why they originally thought she was larger. It also looks like the ladies' style.

I agree, it either sounds like a woman gaining weight, or the ring owner passed the ring on to someone (or another person acquired the ring somehow) and they had the ring resized to fit them.

I also agree that it does look like a ladies' style ring. The band is narrower than a man's class ring.

Yes, but where they said it had been sized up a couple of times, it sounds more like a woman gaining weight. Which I guess is why they originally thought she was larger. It also looks like the ladies' style.

Why not maybe post on the Facebook group? I checked and it seems fairly active, has a few people from the class of '75. This page http://www.houstonleealumni.org/70s.html includes photos of the students in the 70s. The Facebook group is here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=50229237442 and the photos section includes a photo from the 1975 prom. I don't know terribly much about this case so I wouldn't feel comfortable posting (I wouldn't know what to say!) but it might be a good idea if someone did.

Back in 76 when my sister graduated the girls rings were thinner in the band. You could only have the high school initials under the stone. Clubs and other activities were on the sides, are there any club emblems on the side of the ring? Drama, band, football etc.? If you didn't have your photo taken for the yearbook you were not listed in the class yearbook. Go directly to the school for a listing of graduates, not the yearbook.

Our class photos were not taken by the school photographers, they were done at Olan Mills.
It is a shame the company no longer has records from 75. Where are the hoarders when you need them?

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I'm 5'1" and wear a size 9 1/2 ring currently. I weigh 250 pounds, which is a lot more than the 175 pounds originally suspected for Princess Blue based on the ring size. Someone of her height of 5'2" with a 9 1/2 ring would either weigh well over 200 pounds, or possibly have a large knuckle and need an oversized ring to pass comfortably over it. My guess is the same as most of yours, though, that this was not her ring. I did want to mention that she may have used a pad to make the ring fit -- the girls in my high school in the 1980s used bunion pads to make their boyfriend's class rings fit!

My high school ring (a size 7 from when I weighed 120 pounds) was also from Jostens in 1990 and looks nearly identical to Princess Blue's. Her ring is most definitely the girl's version of the Jostens ring, no question. My husband has a 1988 boy's Jostens ring and it is much larger. You can see examples here.

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I'm 5'1" and wear a size 9 1/2 ring currently. I weigh 250 pounds, which is a lot more than the 175 pounds originally suspected for Princess Blue based on the ring size. Someone of her height of 5'2" with a 9 1/2 ring would either weigh well over 200 pounds, or possibly have a large knuckle and need an oversized ring to pass comfortably over it. My guess is the same as most of yours, though, that this was not her ring. I did want to mention that she may have used a pad to make the ring fit -- the girls in my high school in the 1980s used bunion pads to make their boyfriend's class rings fit!
My high school ring (a size 7 from when I weighed 120 pounds) was also from Jostens in 1990 and looks nearly identical to Princess Blue's. Her ring is most definitely the girl's version of the Jostens ring, no question. My husband has a 1988 boy's Jostens ring and it is much larger. You can see examples here.

BBM-

I haven't had a chance to read every thread about this case, so I'm not sure if the size of the other rings were ever established. But what you mentioned is something that did come to my mind. IIRC, wasn't it determined that she was of "slight to medium frame"?

It's possible that she could have had a ring guard of some sort (either an actual one or something she rigged up), to make the ring fit her finger if it was too big. And maybe it fell off over the time her remains were out there, and was overlooked when she was recovered. Just a thought.

Has anyone tried classmates.com to contact people in that particular graduating class?

Has anyone tried sites such as Facebook to contact known alumni from that year or close to the same year?

I suppose it is possible that the ring, given its larger size, might have been something worn by the victim's boyfriend, brother, etc.

The more I find out, the more questions I have.....

The Lee campus was the subject of a 1974 "60 Minutes" story on drug culture in American High Schools. It was expanded significantly by HISD to address overcrowding two times in its first 25 years; first in 1967, and again in 1987

If that year[ Class rings are usually ordered]
in a JR. year [ 11th grade]
so?
looking at the possible age
15-25
says also:
Date of death 1-5 years
now...if dead 1-5 years 15-1= 14
15-2=13
15-3=12
15-4=11
15-5=10
so I would dissmiss the age of 15

closer to 25 as better age group?
a person if graduating with their class on time is usually ages 17-18
so
this girl probably went missing in say 1985-1990 if we look at the age and class ring and location.
More later I will post if I have anything to add.
Also: as someone else said.
It could have belonged to a larger girl.
Some best friends do exchange rings like that,It is not always boy girl relationships.
Best friends do this as well say to swear they are sisters forever and such connections do happen.Close relationships is where I am guessing this ring came to be hers?
:twocents:

I hope this girl gets her name back. It is so sad. When I was a teen, I found a class ring in a National Park and I wore it for years. It was from the 1960s and I loved it.
She may have no connection to the ring other than to be wearing it.

Since looking at Princess Blue stats, I've been on a roll looking for a possibility. I know from what I seen that there were a lot of women ruled out. I'm thinking because she had that ring on, perhaps it was from her mother or father. The class of 1975 has a website that lists their alumni of that year.

OTHER POSSIBILITIES
  • Michelle Richardson, 16 years old, Missing from Anderson County, TX, on May 1, 1989. She is a white female. There was 2 alumni students that attended Lee High School with the last name Richardson.
  • Stacie Madison (17 yrs old) and/or Susan Smalley (18yrs old), Both missing from Dallas County, TX and missing on March 20, 1988. These two teens were last seen together in Stacie Madison's car. The car has since been found but no bodies.
  • Cheryl Vasquez, 19 years old, Missing from El Paso County, TX on June 28, 1987. Her circumstances are from some reason not known or not publicized.
  • Tamera McCurry, 22-24 years old, Missing from Galveston, TX on July 1, 1982.
  • Constance Streif, 22 years old, Missing from Bell County, TX on October 1, 1982.
  • Veronica Brewer, 23 years old, Missing from Fort Bend County, TX on July 1, 1986.
  • Margaret Chauncy, 24 years old, Missing from Texarkana, TXon October 20, 1987.
  • Sharon McCully, 25 years old, Missing from Travis County, TX on December 11, 1984.
  • Melissa Albaniz (hispanic), 12 years old, Missing from El Paso, TX on March 7, 1987.
  • Deanna Merryfield, 13 years old, Missing from Killeen, TX on July 22, 1990.
  • Blanca Roberson (hispanic), 13 years old, Missing from Arkansas Pass, TX on August 6, 1989.

Please give me feedback. Unless otherwise described, with the exception of two of these women, the remainder of them were white.

Good afternoon everyone!! This case caught my eye as I have lived in Houston my entire life and I love to do things for my fellow citizens in the city. Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I figured I will post it just in case. There is a website for the Robert E. Lee High School class of 75 reunion which might help narrow down the possibilities of the relative of UID. Also, when I was in high school (10 years ago), we got our rings the first semester of our junior year in high school with our class year on it. I stopped wearing mine when I went to college, but I still wear my mom's college class ring to this day. It's possible it is her mom's class ring and she had nothing to do with the upsizing. When we were in school and a boy gave us his ring, we would just tape the inside of it to make it fit the finger we wanted. It's possible UID could have done the same and the tape just disintegrated before she was found. Hope this helps. I'll post more as soon as I find something. http://www.lee75.org/class_index.cfm

Sorry if this has been explained before but how come this ring is different color ? Is it a male/female ring or completely the wrong school ?

Tia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 38
Another thought on the ring size. I graduated from high school in 1974 small town in Texas. It was popular for girls in our area to have their senior ring sized to wear on the pinkie finger. Could account for someone up-sizing it. Maybe it was initially worn on the owners pinkie finger.

Was just browsing on Texas Department of Public Safety's website missing/unidentified persons and came across this case. Been researching it the past hour or so. I know there are several threads in relation to this case so pardon me if someone has already suggested this, but could it a be a possibility that the 'L' initial is a first name? I was looking at the lee75.org site under "In Memory" and came across a Lydia Ellis; unfortunately no other information on her, but perhaps she was the deceased's mother?

I've also come across this site, if it helps any. http://houstonleealumni.org/lee/Welcome.html

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I found the exact same unicorn ring on Pinterest. It appears to be a vintage ring from the 1960's.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/13581236347573383/

I'm trying to find more information about the manufacturer, hopefully that might help determine distribution areas and help narrow down the search.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 77b0b120a733045f3961830e198022fe.jpg
    77b0b120a733045f3961830e198022fe.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 251

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads