Interview w/lead detective KATU 5/16/11 11pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY do they have these interviews so late at night? :anguish:

Why do they have Casey's court start at 8:30 AM, it's 5:30AM for me.
These cases all over the country kill me, never get any sleep.

Still getting tips, got a tip today from the state of Maine..

Anita - Do you believe he's alive?
Det -I sure hope he is, I hold out hope he is.
We have no evidence to suggest otherwise.
But I'm a realist...
...I would not be surprised if he's deceased..

Above what I recall detective telling Reporter Anita Kissee
I hope they put this clip on their website

Looks like all media got to go into the "war room" today. Actually there are 2 rooms they use.

Thanks for starting more threads! :)

There was a report on almost every channel. I tried to watch KPTV and tape KGW and KATU. Only caught bits though as I was drifting off to sleep on the couch...LOL!

I did hear on one of the channels that they do expect to hear Staton give an update on the one year anniversary.

For FREEFALLZZZ...is the KATU video online the same as the broadcast last night? Did you watch that one live?

What I found interesting about this report is a map they showed:

5730112275_15bca7ed23_z.jpg

That's the area at the very west end of NW Rentenaar Rd, on Sauvie Island. We've known they have searched this area but what interests me are the concentric circles...might that refer to a phone ping? I really don't know. The text reads "ring 3 sec 2318-2325 2357-2363". At this point we pretty much know there were pings on Sauvie, I can't remember if that has been officially confirmed or not, if not then this may confirm it. I also still believe that Terri could not have made it that far up SI in the time frame we've been given, so LE likely has to take into account the idea of an accomplice if LE thinks Kyron could have been put in that area the day he went missing (at least if this possible phone ping is believed to be somehow related to Terri).

Thanks for starting more threads! :)

There was a report on almost every channel. I tried to watch KPTV and tape KGW and KATU. Only caught bits though as I was drifting off to sleep on the couch...LOL!

I did hear on one of the channels that they do expect to hear Staton give an update on the one year anniversary.

For FREEFALLZZZ...is the KATU video online the same as the broadcast last night? Did you watch that one live?

Yes, same one on KATU online web page as the live broadcast, and same goes the Fox12 one and the KGW web videos, same as the live broadcasts =)

KGW's was on a bit later after KATU's at 11pm..

What I found interesting about this report is a map they showed:

5730112275_15bca7ed23_z.jpg

That's the area at the very west end of NW Rentenaar Rd, on Sauvie Island. We've known they have searched this area but what interests me are the concentric circles...might that refer to a phone ping? I really don't know. The text reads "ring 3 sec 2318-2325 2357-2363". At this point we pretty much know there were pings on Sauvie, I can't remember if that has been officially confirmed or not, if not then this may confirm it. I also still believe that Terri could not have made it that far up SI in the time frame we've been given, so LE likely has to take into account the idea of an accomplice if LE thinks Kyron could have been put in that area the day he went missing (at least if this possible phone ping is believed to be somehow related to Terri).

Great catch!

I am impressed! I had that exact screen shot saved on my computer by early this morning!
You are exactly correct it is at the end of NW Rentenaar Rd!

(Wow, I only knew that from being out actually at that location!)
I did see searchers in that area this summer/fall..That road has a gate, but it could have been open during the summer (hence the circle going outwards--OR is this what a "ping" marker would look like?)

BUT more importantly, I too wondered if that was from pings or?? The cell service is not so great out there, spotty..

I don't believe they would show THAT part of the map if it was a high interest area for them any more but I would like to discuss what that "marker" could have resulted from..

I just hope they are not trying to fit TH into the picture by her pings, meaning that I hope they are not assuming an accomplice only because they don't believe it could have been accomplished by her on her own. That makes me nervous.

I liked this part at the end of the video AND in the article online.. (missed it first time around)

<snip>
Detectives say the case against whoever did this would be much further along if they had Kyron alive or not.

The sheriff said he’s in discussions with the district attorney on how to proceed. More details on what that plan is should be available in a few days.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/121985859.html?

I just hope they are not trying to fit TH into the picture by her pings, meaning that I hope they are not assuming an accomplice only because they don't believe it could have been accomplished by her on her own. That makes me nervous.

I know from your other comments that you're pretty down on the investigation overall, but I think Kaine's comments in the KGW interview that they are looking at other people, and that they are trying to make sure Terri is the 'right one' indicate more than tunnel vision.
My feeling is that LE has been pretty open-minded since the summertime.

Great catch!

BUT more importantly, I too wondered if that was from pings or?? The cell service is not so great out there, spotty..

I don't believe they would show THAT part of the map if it was a high interest area for them any more but I would like to discuss what that "marker" could have resulted from..
After looking into it a little more I think it is probably pings, but I can't say for sure. I think the "sec" abbreviation is likely short for sector. Each cell covered by a tower is broken up into sectors.

As for LE accidentally releasing too much information, LE has done that before...when they provided the public with pictures of the Fred Meyers parking lots they accidentally left information embedded in the pdf documents that said "view from where Terri parked" or something like that. It wasn't the most earth-shattering revelation but I still thought it was very interesting and not something we were supposed to specifically know. Terri parking that far away from the store on a Friday morning is just another thing that makes me feel she was up to something, just like the searches that far up on Sauvie make me feel she had an accomplice.

I know from your other comments that you're pretty down on the investigation overall, but I think Kaine's comments in the KGW interview that they are looking at other people, and that they are trying to make sure Terri is the 'right one' indicate more than tunnel vision.
My feeling is that LE has been pretty open-minded since the summertime.

I am not down on the investigation; I do think they took way too long to try to reconstruct June 4th. That is my biggest problem, if you want to call it that, as far as this case goes. I don't deny that TH is a viable suspect. I just hope they can prove it without making leaps, i.e. she must have had an accomplice to make the timing fit.

As for LE accidentally releasing too much information, LE has done that before...when they provided the public with pictures of the Fred Meyers parking lots they accidentally left information embedded in the pdf documents that said "view from where Terri parked" or something like that. It wasn't the most earth-shattering revelation but I still thought it was very interesting and not something we were supposed to specifically know. Terri parking that far away from the store on a Friday morning is just another thing that makes me feel she was up to something, just like the searches that far up on Sauvie make me feel she had an accomplice.

I swear, I need a new tin foil hat, :crazy: because I read a post, say yours, and think.. yeah, that's what they WANT us to think!
Maybe it was accidentally-on-purpose released with that info... gaaa.. just dont' know what to think about motives anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100