Brad Cooper: Appeal info

Status
Not open for further replies.
update on the appeal:

"The public defender’s office is working on Cooper’s appeal. Kurtz said he is not involved in work on Cooper’s appeal at this time." [ARTICLE LINK]

Some other interesting excerpts from the article which mainly discusses the computer evidence:

"The nature of the timestamps suggests that someone after that period had tried to backdate the timestamps, says Kurtz."

This is an element of the theory that BC had had indeed google-mapped the dump site, but only after receiving the news of NC body recovery and location.

“There’s no way possible to have the same first-time-created and last-accessed timestamp down to the microsecond. That’s the difference between artifact and artwork. That’s artwork.” (Kurtz quote)

“There’s no way possible to have the same first-time-created and last-accessed timestamp down to the microsecond. That’s the difference between artifact and artwork. That’s artwork.” (Kurtz quote)

If this is his best theory, Kurtz's experts let him down.
In Microsoft Vista the last-access-time is never updated. Time-created and last-access are always exactly the same.

Kurtz is trying to sell a conspiracy, and it isn't going to fly in front of the appellate court. He can stomp his feet all he wants but timestamp differences aren't going to make the case for appeal. He needs to explain how all those valid files BC worked on also got changed. This includes Cisco work files, his secure web logins to Citibank, HHonors, and other sites. None of those are alleged to be planted or tampered with, yet they too have these invalid timestamps.

I think he's doing this for publicity for his firm. He's got his 15 min & he's hanging on for dear life.

There very well may be evidence that some type of change was attempted or accomplished on the computer files. The problem is, Brad had possession of the computer until 5:20 on 7/15. His last login was 3:10 on 7/15.

Not really a stretch of the imagination that BC deleted and altered dates and files himself. Actually, I WONDER what the deleted files are?! :eek:

I think he messed up somehow and tried to delete the 'google search' and just deleted the 'cookie,' but there was probably some other step he should have taken. I don't know because I'm not a techy, so this is JMHO.

After all, he did make an error a few times in attempting logins on some of his work lines or whatever they call them. He was nervous! Maybe even confused. His adrenalin was running 90 miles an hour.

JMHO
fran

Kurtz is trying to sell a conspiracy, and it isn't going to fly in front of the appellate court. He can stomp his feet all he wants but timestamp differences aren't going to make the case for appeal. He needs to explain how all those valid files BC worked on also got changed. This includes Cisco work files, his secure web logins to Citibank, HHonors, and other sites. None of those are alleged to be planted or tampered with, yet they too have these invalid timestamps.

I think he's doing this for publicity for his firm. He's got his 15 min & he's hanging on for dear life.

I agree, and I also think this idea that the defense 'didn't have the money for experts' is such a line of bull. Far more likely than not, the case was the experts they attempted to get, didn't tell them what they wanted to *hear*. I heard of absolutely NO applications for funds *denied* prior to the trial. I feel confident, were that the case, we'd have definitely HEARD ABOUT IT. MOO

I agree, and I also think this idea that the defense 'didn't have the money for experts' is such a line of bull. Far more likely than not, the case was the experts they attempted to get, didn't tell them what they wanted to *hear*. I heard of absolutely NO applications for funds *denied* prior to the trial. I feel confident, were that the case, we'd have definitely HEARD ABOUT IT. MOO

HK stated to the judge that their request for additional funds were denied. This was when BZ was slamming the defense for not calling an NCSU staff member who was on the expert list.

HK stated to the judge that their request for additional funds were denied. This was when BZ was slamming the defense for not calling an NCSU staff member who was on the expert list.

HK can *say* anything he wants. He isn't under oath. We do not know if/when/under what conditions 'additional' funds were *denied*. We don't know how many funds were allowed for the hiring of experts. Again, HK can *say* anything he wants. I'd like proof that properly requested motions made were denied.

HK can *say* anything he wants. He isn't under oath. We do not know if/when/under what conditions 'additional' funds were *denied*. We don't know how many funds were allowed for the hiring of experts. Again, HK can *say* anything he wants. I'd like proof that properly requested motions made were denied.

not sure either gracielee..I tend to think somehow they put all their eggs into one basket..hoping in "Hopes of Hopes" tha he would have somehow been accepted as an expert on forensics...I do have to give defence kudo's for geting certain items into evidence tho..but it somehow didnt help their cause.. It is too bad the actual expert in forensics didnt come forward until just dayz before the end of their case..and tho he didnt have ALL the forensics at the point of his testimony..He coulda been helpful?? tho it sounded NOT so good for them (Team BC) given he had NOT looked at all the forensic computer evidence..JMOO and :twocents:

I'm not buying the EXCUSE that they didn't have the fund$ to have these additional EXPERT witnesses testify. EACH side will only use the experts to testify who agree with THEIR theory. The fact that the def had a NONexpert testify, yet access to these others mentioned in court, speaks volumes! The def can deny it all they want, the only people they'll fool is the public. IF it would make or break the case, there's no reason on this earth, the def wouldn't have had them testify in the first place.

The def is adament about this expert that the judge didn't allow to testify, because he agreed with them! Didn't mean it was necessarily so. After all he'd only looked at a VERY SMALL portion of the logs; just what the def pointed out that COULD exonerate Brad. OTOH, there was MOST LIKELY, just as much evidence in those logs that COULD HAVE convicted him as well. It's probably the same as taking an exert out of an entire conversation, and say see, see,..................yet when you put the entire conversation out there, it has an entire different meaning.

Dueling experts.

JMHO
fran

PS....I saw a "Free Brad Cooper" Facebook page yesterday. I see they're selling or giving out "Free Brad Cooper" tshirts. IIRCC, one of the members said they'd worn their shirt around Cary the other day and no one said anything. :silenced: Reminds me of the "Free Scott Peterson" group.

JMHO
fran

PS....I saw a "Free Brad Cooper" Facebook page yesterday. I see they're selling or giving out "Free Brad Cooper" tshirts. IIRCC, one of the members said they'd worn their shirt around Cary the other day and no one said anything. :silenced: Reminds me of the "Free Scott Peterson" group.

:floorlaugh: Not exactly a wagon I'd want to tie my horse to. :crazy:

Oh I'm gonna jump all over that Tshirt deal...umm....right after I'm done with ordering the following:

drewpdummie1.jpg

Oh I'm gonna jump all over that Tshirt deal...umm....right after I'm done with ordering the following:

I don't understand what this has to do with BC's appeal? (the topic of the thread).

You (and others) seem to be under the impression that anyone not convinced of BC's guilt or convinced of his innocence are to be ridiculed - simply because they looked at the facts in this case and beyond the "husband is always guilty gut instinct".

I, and others, would like to see real (not virtual) justice for NC and BC. IMO this verdict is not justice for NC and there is a considerable & sizable - not fringe - group of people who feel the same way.

IMO, a wife and a mother is dead and her true killer has very likely not been brought to justice. IMO, it is very disappointing to see people celebrating the conviction and incarceration of the only parent those 2 girls have left. IMO, truly a travesty of justice. IMO, shocked that anyone can celebrate and joke about that.

I was responding to Fran's comment above.

While there may be people who disagree with the verdict, as there are in many, if not most, murder cases (and many of those convicts have Tshirts proclaiming their innocence too, btw), I believe justice was achieved for Nancy. I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the right person is in prison for this murder. Don't know about a celebration, I'd say relief is the dominant emotion.

It was the murderer's decision, to take a life. Life in prison is not something to be relished, but it is necessary, and it is the appropriate punishment for first degree murder.

http://www.charlesmansonfanclub.com/

t-shirts for sale here.....these folks have it right....just put the perp on a shirt and color his eyes red.

Can anyone explain to me what Social media consultants do for the appeal process?
I, for the life of me, can't fathom the relationship between defending a client, building an appeal case and using Social Media for slandering innocent people, as if that is going to be an effective ploy to free BC.

According to HK interview, the last-access-time equal to create-time is the 'proof' that the files were planted. This is what he means by 'invalid'.
The nature of the timestamps suggests that someone after that period had tried to backdate the timestamps. There’s no way possible to have the same first-time-created and last-accessed timestamp down to the microsecond. That’s the difference between artifact and artwork. That’s artwork.
According to GM, BC's laptop had Vista.
HK: and is there any limitation as to what time it could have actually occured, given the way computers work?
GM: It could happen at an earlier time, things change I can use a program to make it say whatever I want ot to say...especially with Vista, Vista - when it came out, I still have my old Vista machine from 08, I purchased mine in April as well and numerous problems.
According to Microsoft, with Vista, last-access-time is ALWAYS EQUAL to create-time.
In Windows Vista, we've disabled updates to Last Access Time to improve NTFS performance.
Does this put to rest the theory that the search files were planted?

drewpdummie1.jpg

Yes, indeed, Mad74, you are still mad. As a hatter.... Thanks for the visual.

Jessica....Just wanted you to know....I admire the way you used your insight and intuition to track the beast. I have painted a tribute to you and Nancy and I will send it to you as soon as it is ready! Thank you for being there in such a potent way to bring justice for Nancy. She has been "in my head" and I have listened to her. Every woman wants a friend JUST LIKE YOU if she has faced the intruder and lost. Thank you for showing women how it is done! You are a true friend. Take care of yourself. Jenny

What a nice thing to say, LAWsy. And I concur, 100%. Hope you'll take a pic and share your painting with the rest of us here. I am impressed with anyone who can draw/paint.

What a gorgeous picture, LAWsy! You are a very talented lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven