TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, nothing new today, just speculation and theories and questions being thrown out that no one can answer. How frustrating for the family.

I sit here and read all of the posts and anything else I can find on the internet and just can't help but think here we go again. The list can go on and on of missing women. I don't want to point fingers but this case resembles way too many other ones. Ones here in my area that still remain unsloved and of course at the time everyone else said all the same things.....unhappy marriage--husband is wonderful, wife not happy she just left..blah blah blah.

Neither one of these hubby's did a darn thing to look for their wives either, in fact one of the husbands took the kids out of town for the weekend to get away from the media---um your wife has been missing for three weeks and your going out of town??

I wish something would turn up on this case, something else for us to go on with a theory....I haven't heard one new piece of information since all the info was gathered and put on here. Not one. As time goes on this is looking worse for the family. Those poor kids.

Just read on Callie Starnes Twitter (she is local reporter for Chattanooga WRCB Channel 3) that Elmore County, Alabama authorities were asked last week by Signal Mtn PD to check Gail Palmgren's lake house near Montgomery; they found nothing. Callie posted this 22 hours ago.

Of course checking the lake house does not mean it was searched thoroughly.

My thoughts on ADT: I think Gail changed the program/password on the alarms and he had to have them re-program. Or like my families case, he never knew them at all.

Redfish, when I lived in TN we had ADT and all it takes is a phone call and they can help change the password right over the phone once they've verified that it is you who owns the home.

When I was in fear of my life and my children's life when I went through the nasty divorce in TN, I borrowed a friend's car, locked my vehicle in their garage, and stayed in different campgrounds because I knew my ex would never find me. My husband and I never went camping while we were married, but I had done a lot of camping growing up. Only one person knew how to locate me and my family didn't. I stayed hid until I knew it was safe to come home. When my attorney told me to take my children and disappear for awhile I listened but even she didn't know how to get a hold of me. I've only shared my story to help those who don't understand make sense of what Gail may be going through.

Okay, I've spent most of the day trying to read through the threads and catch up on this story. I wasn't even aware of Gail's story. I want to say a few things from experience when my aunt was abducted several years back.

1) The locals and police wanted to say she probably walked off to start a new life. We, the family new better. We feel if the case had been handled correctly from the start, our story may have had a better ending. So, until proven so, I hope no one assumes, and ALL measures start to be taken to find her.

2) I wonder IF someone was following her or abducted her, if she was struggling and trying to call or something on the 30th, they may have grabbed her phone from her. Then waited a couple days to throw it out a window, etc. who knows.....just another option

3) My aunt lived in the same little town as we did and we were very close. Because of this, my parents were dubbed as suspicious when she disappeared. It was so hard for them, yet, they realized in order for the LE to truly investigate and do their jobs, they did have to be questioned and answer things and take polygraphs, because this meant, not only were they doing their job and taking every avenue possible, but they could clear mom and dad, so that they could continue on to look for the real suspect. None of us were surprised of course when they passed with flying colors, as we knew they had nothing to do with it, but, again, sometimes it is just a part of the process. So, in my mind, even if the husband didn't want to be with her, married, etc. for the sake of his kids and her safety and in order for the investigation to be thorough, he would do his part to answer questions.

4) Because of laws at the time, my aunt wasn't able to be considered "missing" until 48 hours. So, we set up our own command post, did our own communications, called in our own dog search and rescue teams, called the news channels ourselves. My dad sat at our table non-stop for 3 days answering phone calls. We had extra phone lines put in. We did what we could to make things happen, and guess what? She hadn't just walked off. She had been abducted, murdered, and 3 months later her body was found in a bean field. Time is everything.

The fact is, running away, illness, scared, no matter what SHE IS MISSING and needs found!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if he doesn't want to look for her, the rest of the world wants to!!! Including her sisters! I know what it is like, we looked for my aunt day and night for 3 months. It is the hardest thing our family has ever been through. Having a place like websleuths is amazing. Thank you all for what you are doing.

I hope and pray Gail is alive and found soon. My aunt works almost daily on my abducted aunt's case because the killer is still at large. My aunt knows people all over the US and has connections everywhere because of her case work with my aunt who went missing. She has also become a support and advocate for those with missing family members. I know she would love to call Gail's sister and talk with her and help in any way she can. She will also have a special place in her heart for her sisters, because she has been in their exact shoes, so please, friends that know Gail's sister, please send me a private message with an email or phone number for her sister/s if they would like my aunt to help and support them in this effort and to help be their voice, as she has in several missing person cases. My aunt is also from Louisville, KY and has connections there as well.

To Gails family, hold on, God bless you and we trust Gail is safe and returns to you soon. Hugs.

Just my theory based on the gossip off the web:

GP probably offered to be the one to leave, go to the lake home and take the kids so MP could go to work the next day.

Sending him from the house is just going to drive him down to a motel where the girlfriend could comfort him.

And the turnaround trip would be just to make sure the girlfriend didn’t come to the house thinking the coast was clear and catch them if she was there.

Leaving the kids at home, at least for the time being, might insure the girlfriend doesn’t visit presuming MP is decent enough not to bring her around the kids.

Accounts say one of the 911 calls was because MP got out of the car and took off walking and another one because he wouldn’t ride with the family to the lake home?

Was she scared because she was losing control and her life was being shattered?

Why if in fear of her life from a physical attack would she take the chance of endangering a friend and their family by involving them instead of say getting a safe deposit box?

To give MP the benefit of the doubt, at least for the children’s sake, since a divorce was on the horizon to compare him to a husband in a stable marriage is inaccurate apparently to start with so his behavior would not be the same.

Since GP is older [and probably smarter] I wonder if it could be MP is used to her being in charge, accomplished and competent and initially thought if she thinks this stunt is going to change things then she is wrong.

And I don’t think that the horrible condition a cheated on wife who loves her husband and their family is in no matter how smart or educated can be understated.

Was she running on nerves and adrenaline?

My fear is she was distracted and distraught and had an accident.

All imo

Speaking of accidents, I assume all hospitals and police/SO depts between SM and AL have been called?

Just my theory based on the gossip off the web:

GP probably offered to be the one to leave, go to the lake home and take the kids so MP could go to work the next day.

Sending him from the house is just going to drive him down to a motel where the girlfriend could comfort him.

And the turnaround trip would be just to make sure the girlfriend didn’t come to the house thinking the coast was clear and catch them if she was there.

Leaving the kids at home, at least for the time being, might insure the girlfriend doesn’t visit presuming MP is decent enough not to bring her around the kids.

Accounts say one of the 911 calls was because MP got out of the car and took off walking and another one because he wouldn’t ride with the family to the lake home?

Was she scared because she was losing control and her life was being shattered?

Why if in fear of her life from a physical attack would she take the chance of endangering a friend and their family by involving them instead of say getting a safe deposit box?

To give MP the benefit of the doubt, at least for the children’s sake, since a divorce was on the horizon to compare him to a husband in a stable marriage is inaccurate apparently to start with so his behavior would not be the same.

Since GP is older [and probably smarter] I wonder if it could be MP is used to her being in charge, accomplished and competent and initially thought if she thinks this stunt is going to change things then she is wrong.

And I don’t think that the horrible condition a cheated on wife who loves her husband and their family is in no matter how smart or educated can be understated.

All imo

I am new to this thread and am catching up. I did read the timeline, in a local news outlet, of events from June 2010.

Your scenario is logical, with the possible introduction of the girlfriend. I am not sure how valid that assumption/rumor is.

I especially like the logic of an incindent involving the Jeep. Whether by accident or by purpose, and think more the former, it is very logical to think she will be found deceased with the Jeep. There are a lot of water and woods in that area.

Okay, I've spent most of the day trying to read through the threads and catch up on this story. I wasn't even aware of Gail's story. I want to say a few things from experience when my aunt was abducted several years back.

1) The locals and police wanted to say she probably walked off to start a new life. We, the family new better. We feel if the case had been handled correctly from the start, our story may have had a better ending. So, until proven so, I hope no one assumes, and ALL measures start to be taken to find her.

2) I wonder IF someone was following her or abducted her, if she was struggling and trying to call or something on the 30th, they may have grabbed her phone from her. Then waited a couple days to throw it out a window, etc. who knows.....just another option

3) My aunt lived in the same little town as we did and we were very close. Because of this, my parents were dubbed as suspicious when she disappeared. It was so hard for them, yet, they realized in order for the LE to truly investigate and do their jobs, they did have to be questioned and answer things and take polygraphs, because this meant, not only were they doing their job and taking every avenue possible, but they could clear mom and dad, so that they could continue on to look for the real suspect. None of us were surprised of course when they passed with flying colors, as we knew they had nothing to do with it, but, again, sometimes it is just a part of the process. So, in my mind, even if the husband didn't want to be with her, married, etc. for the sake of his kids and her safety and in order for the investigation to be thorough, he would do his part to answer questions.

4) Because of laws at the time, my aunt wasn't able to be considered "missing" until 48 hours. So, we set up our own command post, did our own communications, called in our own dog search and rescue teams, called the news channels ourselves. My dad sat at our table non-stop for 3 days answering phone calls. We had extra phone lines put in. We did what we could to make things happen, and guess what? She hadn't just walked off. She had been abducted, murdered, and 3 months later her body was found in a bean field. Time is everything.

The fact is, running away, illness, scared, no matter what SHE IS MISSING and needs found!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if he doesn't want to look for her, the rest of the world wants to!!! Including her sisters! I know what it is like, we looked for my aunt day and night for 3 months. It is the hardest thing our family has ever been through. Having a place like websleuths is amazing. Thank you all for what you are doing.

I hope and pray Gail is alive and found soon. My aunt works almost daily on my abducted aunt's case because the killer is still at large. My aunt knows people all over the US and has connections everywhere because of her case work with my aunt who went missing. She has also become a support and advocate for those with missing family members. I know she would love to call Gail's sister and talk with her and help in any way she can. She will also have a special place in her heart for her sisters, because she has been in their exact shoes, so please, friends that know Gail's sister, please send me a private message with an email or phone number for her sister/s if they would like my aunt to help and support them in this effort and to help be their voice, as she has in several missing person cases. My aunt is also from Louisville, KY and has connections there as well.

To Gails family, hold on, God bless you and we trust Gail is safe and returns to you soon. Hugs.

nancy'sniece: Thank you for sharing your family story.

RSBM:
Jade;6516753]Just my theory based on the gossip off the web:

Next day was Saturday...but he could have been going to work.

Per the police report, she was to stay at the lake for the night. I don't think she was coming home just to check on him.

Ease of access. If in a safe deposit box then she could only obtain them when the bank was open.

Because...for the children's sake, he should be doing everything possible to help find their mother. No matter what the parents maritial status. IMO

The accounts she changed the pin to were said to be her retirement accounts. She may have given him access to change investment choices on those and didn't trust him to have access any longer.

I don't think just because someone is older that one would think then they are smarter.? Do you think he has a mommy complex?

She was scared, very scared per her freinds and family, so nerves adrenaline...absolutely. An accident could have happened, but whatever has happened, she needs to be found. Finding the jeep might lead to her or some clue to go on.

I am new to this thread and am catching up. I did read the timeline, in a local news outlet, of events from June 2010.

Your scenario is logical, with the possible introduction of the girlfriend. I am not sure how valid that assumption/rumor is.

I especially like the logic of an incindent involving the Jeep. Whether by accident or by purpose, and think more the former, it is very logical to think she will be found deceased with the Jeep. There are a lot of water and woods in that area.

BBM

It was in the main stream media and there has been nothing forthcoming to repute it. ???

RSBM:

Next day was Saturday...but he could have been going to work.

Per the police report, she was to stay at the lake for the night. I don't think she was coming home just to check on him.

Ease of access. If in a safe deposit box then she could only obtain them when the bank was open.

Because...for the children's sake, he should be doing everything possible to help find their mother. No matter what the parents maritial status. IMO

The accounts she changed the pin to were said to be her retirement accounts. She may have given him access to change investment choices on those and didn't trust him to have access any longer.

I don't think just because someone is older that one would think then they are smarter.? Do you think he has a mommy complex?

She was scared, very scared per her freinds and family, so nerves adrenaline...absolutely. An accident could have happened, but whatever has happened, she needs to be found. Finding the jeep might lead to her or some clue to go on.

I am not ready to place all the blame on the husband or give him a "mommy complex". His actions could be based on him believing that she has abandoned her family and laying low until she can figure out what to do next.

In a possible excited, fearful, paranoid, chaotic state of mind, an accident is a valid assumption, along with other possibilities.

How about we take a proactive approach to finding Gail and/or her vehicle, lacking any real 'news' on the subject at the moment. If she drove all the way from Signal Mnt to AL, and then back again- she had to have stopped for gas. Where would she have stopped? She had the kids with her then, so did they perhaps go into a convenience store to get some snacks, or something to drink, to use the rest room? Many gas/convenience stores have surveillance cameras. Did anyone notice anything unusual about her demeanor?
I pulled up all the BP's and am emailing flyers.
Who wants to try, say Flying J's?
Who wants to try fast food restarants? Would they have stopped for a burger or something?
My point is, SOMEONE saw Gail and possibly the kids on at least one of those two days.
Who and where was it?

Hi all-the search is going to go on as originally planned I believe. The organizers are happy moving forward with their original idea. :)

Good luck to all who participate!

How about we take a proactive approach to finding Gail and/or her vehicle, lacking any real 'news' on the subject at the moment. If she drove all the way from Signal Mnt to AL, and then back again- she had to have stopped for gas. Where would she have stopped? She had the kids with her then, so did they perhaps go into a convenience store to get some snacks, or something to drink, to use the rest room? Many gas/convenience stores have surveillance cameras. Did anyone notice anything unusual about her demeanor?
I pulled up all the BP's and am emailing flyers.
Who wants to try, say Flying J's?
Who wants to try fast food restarants? Would they have stopped for a burger or something?
My point is, SOMEONE saw Gail and possibly the kids on at least one of those two days.
Who and where was it?

Maybe her friend knows more information? She mentioned stopping for gas or the kids wanting McD's or she stopped for a few items from a grocery store?

I love the idea of hitting fast food, gas stations and truck stops. If you do this on your way in/out of town, please be sure the areas are safe. If she made it off the mountain and out of the area, she must have been seen somewhere as Oriah suggested.

Hi all-the search is going to go on as originally planned I believe. The organizers are happy moving forward with their original idea. :)

Good luck to all who participate!

Good luck to all, and please be safe. We don't need any accidents, or anyone else missing!

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy