the potential jury foreperson

littlemisslegal

compassion and empathy -do not push it
Reaction score
The potential jury foreman is somewhere in the panel of interviewed jurors. Personal experiences , personality types and clues of what we have heard between the line of questions. I have heard just voices, the most interesting thing since we see no faces. Voices only- no prejudging of what they look like. Having to use instinct of who is behind the voice. Find it less distracting to feel who is sincere. I have tv on as I read websleuths . I have felt this one or that one will take over . I am the type who would take over if i could- bet many of us would be able to. However i hear some timid voices on jury selection. Are the able to be strong enough to not faint during the trial?

Should that not be 'foreperson'? Just wondering. :waitasec:

it opened fine for me. Lovely excel spreadsheet :)

Do we know all their ages?

i wonder why i can not open it- says no internet - not sure i have excel . what does it say??

Here is a document to look at. Will add more deets later.

Right now, I haven't a clue. Maybe 1398

View attachment 15611

Mel

Love the spreadsheet!

Melanie, if you haven't already would you please link it in the unexcused juror thread, too? (Sticky thread) We are going to combine all the info in that thread to generate a new Juror Profile thread and I would love to include it. Even if you plan on editing it, go ahead and link it and post your updates there please so they don't get missed!

jury foreperson:

my first vote is: 1398 female crisis counselor

my second seat is: 3016 PE teacher (I would have put him first but there was a sidebar pertaining to him today and I am not sure what is up with that)

as I look at the rest of the 12 I am looking, in my opinion, at a bunch of middle of the road people in terms of leadership. MOO

Refresher list for those who can't open Mel's attachment:

MEET THE JURY

----------

1) 1398: crisis counselor
2) 1019: computer guy with nurse wife
3) 1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
4) 1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
5) 1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
6) 1025: chef with 2 young kids
7) 1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
8) 3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
9) 3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids
10) 3310: older single verizon guy
11) 3016: PE teacher with 2 labs
12) 3140: "fun job" lady with one cat

--------------------------------------------------------

ALTERNATES
1) 3093: surgical tech lady, weaver of yarn with 2 sons in 20s
2) 3170: government teacher with tenure
3) 4013: car dealership lady with bounced checks
4) 4192: young carpenter guy with "parentals"
5) 3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game

Hi everyone.. please excuse my ignorance, but how is the foreperson chosen? Thanks. :)

crucibelle, the jurors themselves choose the foreperson. The first task they undertake when they go into deliberations.

it opened fine for me. Lovely excel spreadsheet :)

Do we know all their ages?

I still have quite a few updates. I worried about the attachment, as if you don't have some of the latest programs it will not open for many. Will try to photobucket when I'm done so it will be easy for everyone to see.

Thanks!

Mel

Love the spreadsheet!

Melanie, if you haven't already would you please link it in the unexcused juror thread, too? (Sticky thread) We are going to combine all the info in that thread to generate a new Juror Profile thread and I would love to include it. Even if you plan on editing it, go ahead and link it and post your updates there please so they don't get missed!

It's there :)

Hmmm I am going with Nurse. I say the PE teacher 1st. or crisis counselor 2nd.

I say Pe teacher, crisis counselor or chef guy. :twocents:

I think 1398 would be the best, certainly the most experienced being that she previously sat on a jury during a murder trial. I also think that the foreperson will have to give guidance to Juror 1319 as she seemed to change her answers to go along with HHJP in her Voire Doire. So I think she will follow whoever she thinks is in authority in the room. I also think she will remember ebverything she was instructed to do and do not think she is as big a threat as I feared in the beginning. But definetly 1398 as foreperson.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back