Potential Arson 20 years ago

I am just guessing, but it sounds as though they are just trying to connect TH to any criminal-type behavior in the past? Possibly at the suggestion of a profiler. To determine is she is in an escalating pattern of some sort?

But going back 20 years, that is a stretch if in fact she has not been steadily committing increasingly violent and anti-social crimes since then. Arson is often a "starter" crime, but usually the offender moves on and continues to progress. I have not heard of too many offenders who can go 20 years without being caught doing something, if they are continually offending.

Anyway, I think it came from a profiler suggestion.

I am just guessing, but it sounds as though they are just trying to connect TH to any criminal-type behavior in the past? Possibly at the suggestion of a profiler. To determine is she is in an escalating pattern of some sort?

But going back 20 years, that is a stretch if in fact she has not been steadily committing increasingly violent and anti-social crimes since then. Arson is often a "starter" crime, but usually the offender moves on and continues to progress. I have not heard of too many offenders who can go 20 years without being caught doing something, if they are continually offending.

Anyway, I think it came from a profiler suggestion.

It would seem that TH would have messed up repeatedly in the past 20 years if this were a pattern. Yet she seemed to live a normal life. So much time has been wasted trying to prove TH did harm in some way to Kyron, time that could have been better spent by LE gathering evidence on those employees who were in the school that day. MOO

I think no time is wasted when trying to bring justice to whomever has harmed Kyron. I would hope they are examining everything and everyone even if that means going back years and years to find answers. I guarantee you they are checking/have checked on employees of the school and have either cleared them or are still investigating those that didn't clear.

As to your orginal question of why? I'm not sure? pressure tactic? Tip? Something that came up in one of their interviews?

TH could have been interviewed and even tually caught off record/charges dropped by parents and now LE can formulate a pattern of deception if she gave LE the run around back at the time of the fire.

I felt like it was stretch and that maybe there was more to this. Thanks for all of your thoughts, looking forward to expanding on this if there is something more to it. I hope that more info is released on the matter soon.

I expect they could use it to argue that she was always a troubled soul if they could prove that it was an arson and that it was Terri to cause it, but otherwise I'd file it under interesting but irrelevant. Kyron hasn't been located in a burned shed so even if they manage to prove that Terri lit the place up it's not going to be easy to argue that it has anything to do with Kyron since he wasn't even born yet. Plenty of people have burned houses up and are innocent of abducting Kyron nevertheless. So... Not sure why we're even being told this, unless it's to send Terri a message that they're digging up everything about her. It could work against its purpose instead, though, if it sends her the message that the police are really stretching in order to find anything solid against her.

I'm not feeling very hopeful right now unless they find Kyron.

The latest news source stated that investigators are looking into an arson that occurred 20 years ago. Any thoughts why?

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Kyron-Horman-Looking-for-Terri-Horman-122380284.html

snipped from above link :

Sources told KGW they were looking into a fire in the family's garage 20 years ago that they now believe may have been arson, a sign the investigators are poring over every aspect of Terri’s life.

It says here the "family's garage" -- is this her parents' home ? Just want to make sure ...

Very interesting ...

I felt like it was stretch and that maybe there was more to this. Thanks for all of your thoughts, looking forward to expanding on this if there is something more to it. I hope that more info is released on the matter soon.

:)

Thanks for this information. Any news on the status of Kyron's case is most appreciated.

And ... "nothing" is a "stretch" if it helps bring Kyron home ! I would NOT rule out "anything" when it comes to a missing child.

Prayers that Kyron is found soon and brought home, safe and sound !

hohoho

I think there's more that will come out if they can ever get to the point of prosecuting.

I feel that there were probably many things in her life that went unpunished, unnoticed or ignored.

I think she's been playing the good girl her entire life and there are many dark secrets still locked up in her pandora's box.

Just my opinion!

I agree that the fire 20 years ago seems like stretching it; although if it came out that there was insurance money related to the fire I could see how the prosecution could say that TH would be willing to do anything for money...including commit felonies. However, you can't just say it was arson and that TH is guilty of arson; it first has to be determined that it WAS arson and secondly that it was TH that was the arsonist. Maybe they just need her to have committed a felony (arson, murder for hire, etc) to prove something.

While investigators are looking at 20 year old crimes I sure hope they are focusing on other things as well.

IDK, quite frankly this seems like a red herring to me, looking into this fire is the best they can do? Nah, I think this little tidbit of information is more sleight of hand (look here not here) for the investigators than anything else.

Even if TH did commit the arson, statute of limitations is probably up; I guess a civil suit from an insurance company might be valid though.

They (LE) are not likely to be able to use possible prior bad acts in a case such as the one they may have to build regarding Kyron, as the crimes have to be very similar and first of all, no one seems to know what the crime against Kyron is. The only types of prior bad acts they could bring in are usually ones that are proof she is predisposed to this type of crime, i.e. murder or assault for instance, not that she has criminal inclinations. Often, even felony convictions of a defendant are not allowed, when clearly they should be.

As goatman pointed out, perhaps LE believes they have an idea of Terri's motivation for setting the fire. Maybe it it was a spiteful act. If it involved an animal I can see how it could be rather pertinent to Kyron's disappearance but this is obviously just speculation.

How old would Terri been 20 years ago? I don't know what to think about the fire 20 years ago. I not sure how it fit in with Kyron. But there must be more to this fire for it to be mention.

I believe it was mentioned to show how thorough LE is being in investigating her background. But I believe it also shows how little they have to go on, regarding TH and this specific crime against Kyron.

hohoho

I think there's more that will come out if they can ever get to the point of prosecuting.

I feel that there were probably many things in her life that went unpunished, unnoticed or ignored.

I think she's been playing the good girl her entire life and there are many dark secrets still locked up in her pandora's box.

Just my opinion!

:cow:

These are some great points !

She did try to present herself as the "perfect" mom, "perfect" wife, "perfect" teacher ...

Hmmm .... when I get time, I will have to go back and re-read the information here. (The Caylee Anthony Murder Trial starts today and is keeping me busy, but Kyron is in my prayers all the time.)

Prayers for Kyron and that he is brought home soon !

there was also the report of an "illegal burning" at the horman residence in the fall of 2009...
details about the 20 year old fire would be telling as to the source of ignition and origination...
it was started in the garage...
but was it started "inside" a vehicle as well???
is there a link to the report of the fire in archives somewhere?

I imagine if LE went back 20 years on ALL the parties involved, there would be a lot more stuff dug up. I hope they don't have total tunnel vision 'cause an old garage fire doesn't excite my imagination as much as some stuff might.

Sorry to be graphic but maybe LE suspects that Terri burned Kyron's body after murdering him so they want to find examples of fire in crimes in Terri's past to explain why they don't have Kyron's body if they bring the case to court?

Sorry to be graphic but maybe LE suspects that Terri burned Kyron's body after murdering him so they want to find examples of fire in crimes in Terri's past to explain why they don't have Kyron's body if they bring the case to court?

Possible, though they could only bring the fire up if they can prove it and if they at least circumstantially prove that Kyron is not only deceased but was likely burned. They really can't just throw it out there in a trial without a lot of substantition (is that a word).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back