2011.05.24 SIDEBAR THREAD (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod note:

First, thank you all for your responsible posting and reverance displayed while listening to LDB's riveting opening statement. You guys were fantastic!

Just a warning here: Be aware that the Defense's opening statement is liable to bring to the surface anger and inflame many of us. PLEASE, please think before you post. TOS and rules of etiquette still apply. It is up to us to refrain and self-edit. So, take a minute before we go back to the trial thread and think about this. Just keep your emotions in check before hitting the "submit reply" button. :)

So happy for us all to be together here. I just don't want to lose anyone along the way for careless fingers on a keyboard.

:blowkiss:

No Mallory and Lee? I am a little surprised by this. If nothing else that to be there to support GA and CA?
Hmmmmm

I couldn't agree more.... hope this doesn't get me a "time out" but IMO there is something really "off" about this family!

Is there anything going on outside the court house like a crowd or anything?

When the trial broke for lunch recess, Vinnie Politan (HLN) was commenting about the morning session and said that he was surprised that LDB was so gentle, soft-spoken, non-dramatic, etc. I like Vinnie but didn't agree with his assessment. This is a case about a 2-year-old child who was allegedly murdered by her own mother. That's enough drama, and LDB was right to speak lovingly and softly of this little girl and not get into all kinds of histrionics. That will come later, I'm sure, but I think LDB's quiet approach will go a long way towards being more affective than an overly-dramatic opening statement. jmo

LDB is a mother herself, I recall her mentioning once at a hearing having to reschedule something with her son. She was the right person for the opening statements. She's got the perspective of a loving mother, and I think it really shows through her words. She is giving dignity to Caylee, something that (IMO) was robbed from her, primarily by her own mother, and by her family, and even by the press to some extent.

20 minutes away from Defense opening statements and still, after 3 years I cannot find any situation in my mind that would help Casey Anthony.

No matter which way they try to go with this defense, it will backfire!

Mason termed Jose's opening as "jaw dropping"

I am imagining Jose gets up, walks to the podium, heavy sigh and exclaims..." Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I got nothing"

Sorry to mention it but I too have heard the possible theory that the tape was placed after her being left in the car a bit to prevent 'leakage'. Then it wouldn't have been the 'cause' of death.
IIRC, the ME believes the tape was applied at the time of death, or immediately after.

My opinion is the ME's theory is more probable than lay speculations.

:banghead: Sunny Hostins on IS saying she might believe an accident, if Casey gets on the stand and explains it. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Softail, They won't be able to tie in duct tape over Caylee's nose and mouth with any kind of accident no matter how hard they try.

There is only one explanation for putting duct tape over another person's nose and mouth.

Intent to kill. First degree murder.

What really irritates me is the dearth of knowledge of this case in the InSessions commentators. They are supposed to have some expertise but they have glaring gaps in what they have learned about this case. I say "You're kidding me" every few minutes, at the things they say. Someone from WS needs to be up there telling the real facts.

Yes I know... but on insession they said they never knew that Cindy did a My Space about Caylee! I just wondering if If anyone else remember because I did and was surprise that insession people did not know!!!! that all!

Insession, need I say more

My predictions on DT opening statement

1) they will present Casey version 4.0 (more lies)

2) they will try to impeach LE

3) they will try to impeach the science

4) they will try to paint casey as poor me and her parents as monsters and her home life horrible

5) they will put much stress on the media and her being tried in the public

((I think there was a 6 but I forgot it now))

moo

6. Discrimination.... white girl from a middle class neighborhood is being railroaded by the prosecutor...cuz we all know how trampled white middle class girls are in society...ugh

Sorry to mention it but I too have heard the possible theory that the tape was placed after her being left in the car a bit to prevent 'leakage'. Then it wouldn't have been the 'cause' of death.
Only...it was placed before she died-pre-decomposition. That is pre-death, as we immediately begin the process of decomposing when the body functions cease.

I remember the puter searches but I don't remember those words being spoken of. I just remember chloroform, neck breaking and shovel.

I also never knew that they had video of the JCP's visit(s). That was new to me as well.
I didn't know that the word "death" was included in her Wikipedia searches for chloroform.

So who else thinks JB and CM are in a car driving like a bat out of he^^ outta town ?

Thanks for holding down the fort - great updates. I've never gone to the store, made a crock pot dinner, bought my son a frap as quickly as I just did. Unfort he's still home with a really bad summer cold (think AF). Thankfully he's resting now with his carmel frap (dang, wish I could have one). But the cooker is on; dinner at 5:45 :)

Thank GOD for the ICA Recipe Thread!! :)

Hugs to all. Can't wait for the DT opening.

Mel

I couldn't agree more.... hope this doesn't get me a "time out" but IMO there is something really "off" about this family!

IMO in this economy attending the trial daily could render them homeless and bankrupt.

BTW, is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression from watching KC's face throughout this, that this may truly be the first time that she is being made to sit through a full sumation of the crime. The first time she is being forced to face the full detailed accusations and the evidence against her. She certainly seemed stunned to be hearing the level of detail regarding her chloroform searches online, and what could be drawn from them.

Given how little face to face visits she has had from her dream team in the past year or more, and given how much she obviously reacts negatively to confrontation from her underlings (lawyers) could it be that she truly has not been forced to view the shear magnitude of what is arrayed against her before now?

Yep. She's been closed off to everyone. Even her parents, who we know wouldn't lay it out to her.

I figured I would dust and mop while listening to JB, that way I can take my anger out on the dust bunnies.............and avoid getting zapped.

Newbie here....please be kind! I have lurked for years and finally joined. I have followed this case since Day 31 and can't believe that finally the trial is here, and there will be justice for Caylee. The opening statement was riveting.

Mason termed Jose's opening as "jaw dropping"

I am imagining Jose gets up, walks to the podium, heavy sigh and exclaims..." Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I got nothing"

Thanks for making me laugh, today. I doubt there weill be many of them.:seeya:

shovel look up ideas..

type & uses? costs?
perhaps those sites on the 'how too's' it had something to do with safety of how to make chloroform or dispose of it?

Really, I just think she was brainstorming thru her plan and what she needed to complete it.

I definately didn't know that she did those other searches and over more then a day. wow

listening to all this was heartbreaking

and the searches were from March 2008 - terrifying to think she was plotting it a few months prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23