TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Mr. Noatak

I was thinking about the scream reported by a neighbor. I'm not accusing anyone of ANYthing. I don't even know which neighbor it was. It's a small community and many people are related. It did cross my mind that the "ear witness" might have somehow, or inadvertently, misdirected LE into the woods. It's so hard to tell where a sound comes from!! In our woods, we've found that sound bounces off sheds, barns, corners of the house, etc., and we often have no idea where the sounds are coming from! Many of us find it difficult at times to differentiate a human scream (kids playing, teens teasing) from unusual bird calls, and from other wildlife. I don't think the public knows if the scream was verbal or nonverbal. Even knowing my neighbors well, I still couldn't identify the specific person a nonverbal scream came from. I guess there's nowhere to go from there unless the witness is a relative of the suspect and LE believes there has been misdirection. Otherwise, witnesses just do the best they can... and I'm sure I wouldn't be a very good one at all!

If any of you haven't seen this (it's heart breaking), here's that video of Holly and her friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9B4MQVWRg&feature=youtu.be

This line of lyrics really hurts when Holly sings them: "...you know I'm gonna be OK..."

What would be considered a "non-verbal" scream? I am (even more) confused. Do you mean the scream of a bird, vs. that of a person?

Respectively snipped

If any of you haven't seen this (it's heart breaking), here's that video of Holly and her friends:

This line of lyrics really hurts when Holly sings them: "...you know I'm gonna be OK..."
To me I find the video uplifting. When I first found out about it took me a long time to let myself watch it because I was afraid of my emotions. But after watching it I felt good, even a little happy, because that's the way I want to think about Holly. Just like she was in that video, happy and having fun.

As for the "...you know I'm gonna be ok..." line, I'm still holding onto that hope until if or when I'm proven wrong.

Ugh......I am baffled. In an area this small, with an apparent eye and ear witness, someone is soooo brilliant that there is nothing to go on at this point? This seems to have the tight lipped feel of the haleigh cummings case as far as perps not ratting eachother out.

I meant screaming "help, me," for instance versus a scream without words.

My husband is a pastor so I can tell you from experience that it is difficult to stop a church congregation from doing something for member in distress, even if the family requests that nothing be done. If you try to stop it, you appear callous. I think many of the members might be clueless about why the family is being silent...and their love for the family dictates that a prayer walk is a good, demonstrative way to show their love and support. This is pretty common.
Still, the family says or does nothing concerning this prayer walk....they do not attend to make statements or to walk. The rule of silence appears to be limited to the family.....and LE, of course.

Thanks, I guess this does make some sense. This hasn't been my experience in our church, but ours is probably smaller than most. I guess I just had the impression that if the Bobos were still active in the church during this time then at least the pastor, if not others, would likely have some idea of the situation. I can absolutely appreciate what you're saying, since I can think of a couple times at our church when someone will be in the hospital, for instance, and members will go to visit when it wasn't what the family wanted, but if they had asked our pastor first, he would have known the family's wishes. Then again, like I said, we're a pretty small church, and we're all close to our pastor, so he's always kind of the one everyone goes to for information on what's going on, and if a family has an emergency or some type of need, the easiest way to spread the word to other members is to go to him first. Of course we go to each other all the time, and he's not a part of every interaction we have, but in a situation like this he would definitely know the family's wishes. I could understand if some members of the church may organize a prayer walk without checking with the family, but the pastor? He should have known if the family wanted them to stay silent, which makes me think that the family had no objection.

I just don't know what to make of the obvious silence.. The several shows that were airing Hollys story asked to not go forward with a show about Holly, obvious media black out, but then the raising awareness of Hollys abduction prayer walk.. I just don't understand.. I went back to look at what exactly greengreen said about no longer posting and it says nothing about being asked not to speak about the case but rather their opinion that LE knew who the perp was and were collecting evidence to make an arrest. That was all the way back on may 5th. I'd like to hear if that's still their opinion. Here's the final post made on may 5th..
[After today I have decided I am not going to be able to post anymore. I hope I have helped with giving local insight but at this point it's just talking about LE and lack of info. It's not our place to know this information. They never asked us to look for a particular person. They asked us to look for someone excessively cleaning a vehicle/atv, possibly selling one, or acting nervous. I think LE knows who did it and they are collecting evidence. Again, that's IMO, but I live here and I can see what is happening around me FWIW.

I am watching "Vanished" about Amy Bradley, who went missing from a cruise ship in 1998 and her family could not do enough media or searching to try to get any clues at all as to her whereabouts or anyone who may have seen her, talked to her, whatever, no matter what LE said or advised. It is just such a sharp contrast...one I don't understand at this point. I could see being quiet for a few days if LE was getting ready to make an arrest, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe LE felt they were close several weeks or a month or more ago, but are they really? They did not sound at all promising in the last article.

@ Mr. Noatak

I was thinking about the scream reported by a neighbor. I'm not accusing anyone of ANYthing. I don't even know which neighbor it was. It's a small community and many people are related. It did cross my mind that the "ear witness" might have somehow, or inadvertently, misdirected LE into the woods. It's so hard to tell where a sound comes from!! In our woods, we've found that sound bounces off sheds, barns, corners of the house, etc., and we often have no idea where the sounds are coming from! Many of us find it difficult at times to differentiate a human scream (kids playing, teens teasing) from unusual bird calls, and from other wildlife. I don't think the public knows if the scream was verbal or nonverbal. Even knowing my neighbors well, I still couldn't identify the specific person a nonverbal scream came from. I guess there's nowhere to go from there unless the witness is a relative of the suspect and LE believes there has been misdirection. Otherwise, witnesses just do the best they can... and I'm sure I wouldn't be a very good one at all!

my opinions only, no facts here:

Good Friend,

In many ways (and too many to bore you with here) the report of a scream around the time of Holly's official obduction, looms large. Cannot the the officials, at least confirm or deny this report? This singular little detail would help me immensely in resolving this case.

I recognize that the lack of new information is killing this thread. My goal is to be the last man standing. Is anyone out there willing to take me on and outlast me?

Wouldn't a non-verbal scream be silent?

I come back to Holly's thread to get a break from the thinking required in other ones...

And find THIS?! :waitasec:

Sad thing is... I knew immediately what GoodAim meant by it. :banghead:

Then I thought "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" :innocent:

I recognize that the lack of new information is killing this thread. My goal is to be the last man standing. Is anyone out there willing to take me on and outlast me?

I'm not going anywhere. I stick with a case until the case is completely resolved. Even when it takes nearly a decade.

Whether I post regularly now or not in Holly's thread... I'm here.

Along with Kyron... Haleigh... Hailey... Caylee... Zahra... Joshua... Jonathon... Paige...

I just can't always keep up with posting (you know, cutting kittens out of walls and all.) :banghead:

I am here though. You won't be the last man standing. (Well, you might be... since I'm not a man... but you won't be the last person standing.) :seeya:

I so need sleep. lol :bedtime: :eek:fftobed:

Good Friend,

In many ways (and too many to bore you with here) the report of a scream around the time of Holly's official obduction, looms large. Cannot the the officials, at least confirm or deny this report? This singular little detail would help me immensely in resolving this case.

I'm pretty sure the neighbor hearing the scream was confirmed by LE. It may takes a while for me to find the link....but I will look for it today...
Perhaps another poster will find it before I do.

I may be new to posting here, but I've been following Holly's case since week one. Somehow it just gripped me and won't let go, I wake up thinking about her and go to bed praying for her. I'm not going anywhere. So as others might seemingly lose interest (no offense to anyone, it's understandable), there will still be some around thinking about Holly and where she is, and that chance of a miracle happening.

I'm pretty sure the neighbor hearing the scream was confirmed by LE. It may takes a while for me to find the link....but I will look for it today...
Perhaps another poster will find it before I do.

Holly Bobo -TN- :: 4/13/11 Decatur County TN Sheriff Roy Wyatt media briefing. Already they have a huge number of LE and volunteers, resources from many agencies. This has a reference to the neighbor hearing Holly's screams. video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

Sherriff Roy Wyatt confirmed the scream. Hope this link works. It's from crankycrankerson's photobucket. It's around 1 min 3 sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23