Body language of CA & GA during this trial

JSR

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just took a quick glance at some video of GA and CA coming into court today. I noticed something and someone else mentioned this as well today during the trial thread.

I have noticed a change in CA's body language. And in my opinion a MARKED change. She's NOT leading like she usually does. She's leaning on GA a lot (and I mean that literally). She's also using GA to shield herself from the media. I also notice that their body movements inside the Courtroom are mirroring each other which is normally subconscious and is done between couples very in sync. Depending on how CA testifies (meaning if she testifies truthfully) it might mean that their marriage has strengthened and they might be getting through this by supporting each other.

One can hope right?

Did anyone notice similar things?

I'm hoping this is a sign that CA will also finally see the light and will testify truthfully.

I noticed the "mirroring" too-- also, they are very focused and much more in control of their reactions. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I sense a trust in the SA.

I noticed that George appeared to be turning to his right and looking back at what might have been a clock a couple of times today and rolling his eyes. I couldn't help thinking that George wanted to know when this day in court would end.

The physical toll this has taken on them was apparent...they appeared to have noticeably aged.

I noticed it also. As far as CA I noticed a change in her when trying to visit ICA before trial and was turned away. The video of CA leaving and the reporter in so many words asking whether she was ok with ICA throwing her family under the bus. I seen a look from CA I never seen before. I dont think CA is willing to sacrfies the rest of the family to save ICA.And maybe CA finally see that lies can and do hurt. One can only hope anyway :twocents:

Tweets I read this morning said that CA was leaning on GA in the elevator, crying and saying she hoped she didn't have to testify today.

Maybe I missed it, but Cindy & George in the courtroom seem so stoic,
so resigned to putting out the truth. No crying, no emotions.....

I didn't really pay much attention to George and Cindy when they were shown in the Courtroom, but the few times I saw them, they were sort of turned away from each other... and one time I saw Cindy leaning AWAY from George. Also, George looking straight ahead, and Cindy looking down (I think she was taking notes, though). I believe Cindy's testimony will be in line with George's, however. There is no way she'll throw George & Lee under the bus to save ICA, in my opinion.

Wow. Very interesting. I wonder if they went home, looked at each other, and at least one said, "She really did do it, didn't she?" And then commiserated together. I am just in shock that Cindy wasn't leading and seemed to mimic George. I do hope she does the right thing. I hope her body language is right and there really is a marked change. I can only hope...

I do think that Casey finally went too far over the line even for Cindy. I think Cindy has finally realized it's Casey or the rest of the family, and I don't think she wants to destroy the rest of the family for Casey. At least I would really hope not. It's sad because Cindy was Casey's biggest supporter. How cruel and cold for Casey to back her mother into a corner like that. I think, at least I hope, that Cindy makes Casey realize what a terrible thing that was to do when Cindy is on the stand...

Tweets I read this morning said that CA was leaning on GA in the elevator, crying and saying she hoped she didn't have to testify today.

Maybe she's next up and we'll her from her tomorrow after Tony.

I saw this too. Bill Shaefer also believes that, neither CA or LA, will support the DT's theory. I think the fact that GA spoke his truth, and CA is still there with him, tells us she is going to save her relationship with her son and husband at the expense of ICA.

The truth is, CA knows just how dangerous and destructive ICA is. When her guard was down, she told others that her daughter was a sociopath. She also said many, many times that she's not worried about ICA. She knows where she is and she's safe. This was when they were looking for Caylee.

Well, she knows where ICA will be for a very long time and she's safe. More importantly, so is the rest of her family. I think, as much as CA jumped on anyone who said bad things about her daughter, this is really CA's secret blessing. Her daughter is alive, healthy, but locked up where she can't do any more harm. A mother knows when her child is damaged. CA knows...... whether she contributed to it, or whether ICA was born this way, the one thing CA and GA know is that ICA can't hurt their family any more. CA will be content just being ICA's visitor for years to come. Living alone is not an option for CA so she will save her life with LA and GA. LA will give her another grandchild to spoil. Her life must go on. CA is not going to crawl in a hole and die for her daughter. Not her style. IMO

I have always believed that GA does not like his daughter, nor has he in a very long time. Love? Perhaps out of parental obligation- but he fears her, dislikes her, and resents her. IMO

ITA with everything you said, Janine. Especially about George fearing Casey. I think he knew very well what his daughter was capable of, from his comment about hoping the smell wasn't his daughter and/or granddaughter, to his telling one of the detectives (was it YM or the other guy?) that if something has happened to his granddaughter, he has lost his daughter. To me, that was the closest someone can get to saying if Caylee is hurt KC did it without coming out and saying it.

I am hoping at some point CA looked around at her life and said, what am I doing? KC has tormented me and my family, terrorized our home, and stolen and lied, and all this was before Caylee. They stood by her even as she lied and tricked them, teasing them with "clues" about Caylee, led them on and then finally distanced herself from them completely all the while they remained available to her. At what point do you ask yourself - what are we fighting for?

They did just come back from a cruise that they enjoyed with friends. Maybe it was a chance to mull things over and renew their relationship. Let's hope that they have seen the light. Continually being let down (and they have from day one) has to take its toll.

Maybe she's next up and we'll her from her tomorrow after Tony.

I want Cindy on the stand on Friday. I want the jury to have her words on their mind for three days. I think the SA just may very well be planning it that way.

I thought she would come in at the end after the 911 calls.

I want Cindy on the stand on Friday. I want the jury to have her words on their mind for three days. I think the SA just may very well be planning it that way.

Could be! Not sure where Amy H will fit here, if she'll come after Tony or after Cindy: all a guess, the SA plays it close.

ITA with everything you said, Janine. Especially about George fearing Casey. I think he knew very well what his daughter was capable of, from his comment about hoping the smell wasn't his daughter and/or granddaughter, to his telling one of the detectives (was it YM or the other guy?) that if something has happened to his granddaughter, he has lost his daughter. To me, that was the closest someone can get to saying if Caylee is hurt KC did it without coming out and saying it.

I am hoping at some point CA looked around at her life and said, what am I doing? KC has tormented me and my family, terrorized our home, and stolen and lied, and all this was before Caylee. They stood by her even as she lied and tricked them, teasing them with "clues" about Caylee, led them on and then finally distanced herself from them completely all the while they remained available to her. At what point do you ask yourself - what are we fighting for?

Wonderful post, thank you. And while I want to make it clear what I am adding are my thoughts and not yours, I have had a somewhat different view of CA for the past three years. I thought her behavior was ...abhorrent... I never thought she was turning away from Caylee, and what she was doing with ICA was supporting her out of a mother's love. The two things were connected to her, Caylee dead and ICA guilty. If ICA wasn't guilty, then Caylee wasn't dead. And when we fight against what we know in our hearts is true, we become "crazy".

But ICA has just taken it to far. And I hope and pray Cindy has met her wall. Now she has no choice but to tell the truth and accept the final terrible truth.
I think it must be terribly difficult - unbelievably so. But I think she will do it.

Just as side note, that 2nd birthday party video Nancy Grace had on her show tonight - wow - the love CA had for Caylee was undeniable.

logicalgirl, you added on to my thought beautifully and I couldn't agree more. While I have serious issues with CA trying to cast the shadow of suspicion on innocent people, I have always thought at the heart of it was her primal need for Caylee to be alive and Casey to not be a murderer. You said what I couldn't find the right words to say!

CA/GA have lost so much but maybe this has brought them closer. My heart goes out to them. Maybe being truthful is the only way to save what they have left. I think until this point they did not let themselves believe she could have harmed her baby. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back