Mommie Dearest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I don't know of many abused kids who don't love their parents and even though abused they still crave their attention/affection/approval. :(

ITA When I was younger I had a little friend who was abused by her mom and she worshipped the ground her mom walked on. Just Saying.

I really wanted to hear more from Ricardo Morales about the "discipline" he witnessed when Casey was trying to put Caylee to bed. He brought it up in response to whole question of whether Casey was a good mother (can't remember the exact question), and then he qualified it as saying it was normal. But what was she doing exactly? Would it be normal to most people? Because he didn't say exactly what, it makes me wonder.

I was just going to say, no matter how long Livy's dad is gone, when she sees him she takes his finger and follows him wherever he wants to take her. Like they see each other every day. Makes me kinda sick. And you can totally see her trying to impress him and him totally acting like he is father of the year. When they are that little it isn't hard to fake it.

That breaks my heart for you and your little girl. I know how much it hurts me to see my child snubbed by his grandfather, I cannot imagine when it is their own parent. I'm glad she has you!

I really wanted to hear more from Ricardo Morales about the "discipline" he witnessed when Casey was trying to put Caylee to bed. He brought it up in response to whole question of whether Casey was a good mother (can't remember the exact question), and then he qualified it as saying it was normal. But what was she doing exactly? Would it be normal to most people? Because he didn't say exactly what, it makes me wonder.

It would be good to know what exactly she meant but I have to assume we'll never know now as it'd be made up after the fact. (Not that it couldn't have been made up BEFORE the arrest as we all know)

It seemed odd to describe it as "hitting" as the common way to phrase it these days is still mostly "spanking" which most people consider normal. I know anti-spanking proponents do label it hitting and yes that is what it is but I still have to assume when he says "hitting" it meant slapping in the face and other areas of the body at an older age?

Am I the only one that doesn't think KC was a great mother? I don't see how dragging your child around your life is being a good mother. No 'Mommy & Me" playdates, no letting Caylee have HER OWN childhood. Letting a child roam around an apartment and answer the door by herself--in this day and age no less; leaving her child alone in an apartment with the balcony door open; putting her child to bed on a friend's couch while she parties; having her child sleep in bed with her boyfriends. Whaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!
No. You're not the only one. It doesn't sound like they had all that many "play times" with other children Caylee's age and I've been surprised that we haven't seen any pics of Caylee with other children.

moo

Am I the only one that doesn't think KC was a great mother? I don't see how dragging your child around your life is being a good mother. No 'Mommy & Me" playdates, no letting Caylee have HER OWN childhood. Letting a child roam around an apartment and answer the door by herself--in this day and age no less; leaving her child alone in an apartment with the balcony door open; putting her child to bed on a friend's couch while she parties; having her child sleep in bed with her boyfriends. Whaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!
On top of that, she brought along very few activities or toys for her- one of the tenants of Tony's apartment, can't remember who now:waitasec:- said 1 book and 1 video, no stuffed animals! Cindy probably usually dressed Caylee, except for the day she died- I'm sure the "Big Trouble Comes In Small Packages" shirt was Casey's message!

I am not one to judge another mother, as I don't like being judged myself.

BUT, this video has always haunted me.

Hope the link works. It's the Strange Breakfast video

http://youtu.be/oDoeJm74dd4

I think the pics of an older Caylee show a little girl with a very haggard look - her eyes have dark circles under them and she has a blank stare or forced smile in most of them. Very different from the pics of her with GA/CA that reflect a sincere and genuine smile - you can see the warmth and love in her eyes and glowing on her face.

The ones with ICA, to me, are forced smiles and that fake all-tooth grin that she learned from ICA. In some of them, I can even detect an expression of worry or concern - with her brows furrowed.

Caylee was never around any of ICA's new friends long enough for them to be exposed to the "real" ICA with her daughter. I recall instances where hidden video has caught parents who treated their children just fine in public and then hit and struck them when they got into their vehicle in the parking lot. Also, many nanny-cams have exposed caregivers who have Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personalities.

Just saying that because new friends never actually witnessed any bad behavior toward Caylee by ICA, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Regardless of how she seemed to others, ICA will hopefully be judged on the evidence that the SA will present - which will make everything else moot.

JB is just putting all these witnesses thru this to stall and avoid the inevitable. I honestly feel that his plan is to convince the jury that ICA snapped and suffered from PTSD after Caylee died by accident. By having witnesses testify that ICA's demeanor was unchanged and always the same - before and after Caylee's suspected date of death - in his eyes it's proof that she detached from reality due to the trauma of the experience. That's why he's dragging all of them thru this - so that in the end, he can say, "See, she seemed totally normal, which ISN'T normal ... she's not crazy, her odd behavior is due to PTSD."

My opinion only.

That breaks my heart for you and your little girl. I know how much it hurts me to see my child snubbed by his grandfather, I cannot imagine when it is their own parent. I'm glad she has you!

Thank you! :D Because of Caylee, I now know what a sociopath is and I can do my best to protect her. If it weren't for Caylee I don't know what would have happened, because I probably would have tried to get them together more often. Now we just wait until he rears his ugly head again and then deal with it. I don't talk badly about him in front of her. But I am sure that she will get it eventually on her own. I wish that someone had known about Casey in time to save Caylee.

Pretty much everyone who was associated with Casey at one time left the Orlando area:
Troy Brown- Virginia
Ricardo Morales- Illinois
Tony L.- Long Island, NY
Cameron Campana (sp)? - Cleveland, OH
Clint House- Jacksonville, FL

Amy still lives in Orlando (according to her Twitter which is private) but lists her name and where she currently resides at.

Here is what I think was truly going on.

At home, Casey was lazy..she more than likely slept half of the day away, which is why Caylee had breakfast with George most mornings. He is able to recall her favorites as if it were he taking the most physical care of her while Cindy was working. So that left the time between George going to work and Cindy coming home that Casey had to take care of her. I think it was more of a babysitting job to her, instead of parenting. She's more than likely the type that cleaned Caylee up right before her mother comes home.

As far as friends and men go..
Especially men, I feel she acted in a manor because some men at that age are looking for the motherly type. She made herself out to be this perfect mother in front of friends the same way she did in front of her parents..she was used to it by then.

Might I add, no mother moving their children around in that manner time after time would not appear frustrated at times with their toddler. No one in this world could make me believe it unless they were acting. I think the true secrets in that home were the secrets of what Caylee was going through when George and Cindy were not home. A few hours a day Caylee was more than likely on her own.

I just heard on JVM that Ricardo said the only time he saw her discipline Caylee was when it was time for her to go to sleep. I'm glad the jury got to hear that because that coincides with her using chloroform or some other medication to get her to sleep. Also lets the jury think about how KC could party more if Caylee was sleeping. Yeah - real good mother.:maddening:

Don't know if it's just me, but I find it odd that Casey didn't have any friendships with other young moms, like herself. I know when my kiddos were little, I had several female friends who also had children the same age and were playmates with my kids. I think it's easier for a young adult without children to have seen Casey as a "good" mommy. Perhaps she would have been viewed much differently by a female friend who was also a mom.

Jose said that ICA breast fed, I thought I had seen pictures of bottle feeding, I may be wrong. Anyone?

I have had the exact same thoughts. I have 2 young children, myself, and while my family is always telling me what a good mother I am, and what a good job I do with my children (I'm a SAHM)...I know for a fact that they have seen me discipline my children, and on rare occasions get frustrated with them and have to walk away for a minute to collect my thoughts.

I found it extremely telling, and was curious if anyone else had noticed that the only thing negative that was said about her relationship with Caylee, was by Ricardo Morales (I think) about Casey always having problems putting her to sleep. Obviously, that had to have stuck out in his mind for him to bring it up....but when you think about it...if Caylee had often been drugged, or left in the trunk, or duct taped, to be kept quiet or put to sleep, I believe I, too would put up a hell of a fight at bed time.

Anyway, every time I heard the witnesses questioned today, I kept thinking, this girl was putting on a show for everyone because NOBODY is perfect!!!

No. You're not the only one. It doesn't sound like they had all that many "play times" with other children Caylee's age and I've been surprised that we haven't seen any pics of Caylee with other children.

moo
EXACTLY.ALSO I can't understand if she was so abused how could she let her baby sleep with her boyfriends in same bed ...something just isn't right about that..

Remarkable that folks who have testified Casey was a great Mom knew her a very short time. Tony hardly saw Caylee but a few times. Even those who had known her longer did not see her often. Casey presented to others exactly what she wanted them to see.

Not to mention that kids who are only in their early 20's really don't have a ttue concept of what a "good parent " is.

Caylee loved her mother. There is not one indication whatsoever she was mean to Caylee in private. No one has said anything negative about her relationship with her daughter, thankfully.

Watch the videos Casey is filming Caylee. Or watch Caylee's second birthday video with Cindy, Caylee and the cake in the kitchen. Watch how she lets Caylee roll off her lap without lovingly helping her to her feet when she has had enough of Caylee's tugging her bottom lip. Watch Caylee react to the person filming in the bathtub video. Seems like someone made a scary face or an intimidating action to me. :twocents:

She disciplines Caylee because she won't go to sleep in strange people's beds during probably noise and commotion? But she doesn't discipline her when she goes near a pool? Caylee sleeping benefited Casey and when she wouldn't stfu and go to sleep it really ruffled her feathers.
Not getting to go places seemed to piss her off too, all documented in evidence and I'm sure will be presented.

That doesn't sound like a very patient, loving mommy. That sounds like Caylee probably lived her life in fear. All my opinion, of course.

Not to mention that kids who are only in their early 20's really don't have a ttue concept of what a "good parent " is.

Well that is a blanket statement if I ever heard one. How about we rephrase that to; many people who aren't experienced around children or a person who constantly lies wouldn't necessarily recognize or pay attention to certain details? It's about experience not age and a person who can sniff out people she will be able to manipulate to slide under the radar. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305