All About Chloroform #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chefmom: IF you plan on using chloroform for any cleaning, I'd suggest STRONGLY that the area be well ventilated or that you work with the chemical under an OSHA approved chemical hood! :woohoo: Practice and skill working with almost any product gets one able to extend the time period of utilization to accomplish a project and in this particular case, IF, and that's a huge IF, a cleaning grade or reagent grade chloroform was used to "clean-up or cover -up whatever Casey had managed to get herself into THIS TIME in Anthony thought",:banghead: I :innocent: betcha it was poured/dumped/tossed/thrown/saturated into the trunk area. :twocents: Unfortunately one can't offset the effects of this chemical by "mouth breathing" as one might do when chopping onions but you CAN avoid SLIGHTLY the fumes by tilting one's head away rather like tucking those fingers under while slicing the same onions :)loser:a skill that has defeated me!:loser:)
Perhaps the DT can demonstrate the use of chloroform to clean odors in a trunk...and in a closed garage.

Perhaps the DT can demonstrate the use of chloroform to clean odors in a trunk...and in a closed garage.

Oh, wouldn't that just be the best!! :floorlaugh:

It just occurred to me, could chloroform have been in one of those gas cans? And spilled in the trunk? A lot of confusion about the gas cans, and why ICA needed one from Amy. Just a random thought.
Before the body was found, I speculated that all of those multiple gas cans could have been used for any number of things. At the time I thought she used them as weights for the body in our alligator infested Lake Jessup which is in Oviedo area. But now your idea comes to mind. Yup, gas cans can be used for a variety of purposes.

IMO, chloroform had nothing to do with Caylees' demise. The reason that I think this is because of the high levels found after the car was examined. I think the chloroform was used to try and get the decomp odor out, used by CA or GA the day they got the car back. To me it still registered high as it had only been a few days since they cleaned it, as opposed to over a month if KC used it. MOO
Yes, and remember, GA said he put his nose right down on the stain. If chloroform had been present then, what would GA have experienced following his sniffer test? This leads me to believe the chloroform was not present at the tow yard, but present after he drove the car home. Good ole CA.

FWIW - When I was 10 years old (55 now) our local hardware store had many raw chemicals available that are almost impossible to find now. Oxalic acid, alum, sulphur and yes CHLOROFORM.
My Dad caught rattlesnakes and would send them to the taxidermist (dead), He used chloroform to kill them so the carcass wouldn't be damaged.
I can tell you (FOR SURE) that it is very similar to starting fluid (ether). You can smell it in the air as it evaporates but you don't go to sleep (OR DIE) unless exposed to a concentration.
Pops used a 5 gallon bucket with a lid for the snakes. Splash chloroform on a wad of cotton, insert it and desired victom in a 5 gallon bucket, install lid and wait for the desired effect.
This is not the procedure I recommend for ICA. 5 MEGAVOLTS PLEASE.

Hello, everyone.. I know this may sound 'out there', but I wonder if anyone has ever considered that Casey and Cindy both planned to 'take George out', hence the searches on chloroform, neck breaking, household weapons, etc..... then Cindy trying to take responsibility for the searches (at least the one on 'choloroform", she said she was trying to look up 'chlorophyll') and lying for & covering up for Casey, in general. Also, Casey was going around telling all her friends that Cindy and George were getting a divorce and told one friend that George was moving out. Perhaps Casey thought with George out of the way, Cindy would allow her to move a friend in (Amy)? Also remember that Cindy was wanting to divorce George, but found out if she did, he would get half the house and she'd have to pay him spousal support. If this has already been discussed, please forgive.

edit: also, hope I'm not too off the subject of chloroform. if so, i apologize and this post of mine can be moved/deleted. thanks.

She made it herself. She googled the ingredients and learned how to make it online.

She made it herself. She googled the ingredients and learned how to make it online.
Or she purchased it online. One thing I am 100% positive of is that it wasn't obtained from Cindy's work.

Wanted to add: In the Yazeed Essa murder case, they never conclusively learned how he obtained the Cyanide he used to poison his wife. They had suspicions he obtained it from a jewelry supplier, but they couldn't prove it. He still got convicted of Murder One.

cleaning?

I am familiar with lots of over the counter, buy off the shelf cleaning products that I would consider before thinking Chloroform would be the perfect cleaning substance??

Very unlikely imo

ETA Is there something I am not aware of? Is chloroform a widely known , accepted cleaning substance?

cleaning?

I am familiar with lots of over the counter, buy off the shelf cleaning products that I would consider before thinking Chloroform would be the perfect cleaning substance??

Very unlikely imo

ETA Is there something I am not aware of? Is chloroform a widely known , accepted cleaning substance?
It was banned as an anesthetic, so I highly doubt it...

Have a question and I am sure it has probably been brought up before but cant find it. We are hearing about the levels of Chloroform in the car and this testimony. We also know two short searches of how to make this was done months before. Making it is not as simple as it seems and being that the search was short how about this?

What would happen with a decomposing body if Caylee was being fed small doses of Chlorine in her food for a period of time. Maybe she had it in her system. Anybody know this?

Have a question and I am sure it has probably been brought up before but cant find it. We are hearing about the levels of Chloroform in the car and this testimony. We also know two short searches of how to make this was done months before. Making it is not as simple as it seems and being that the search was short how about this?

What would happen with a decomposing body if Caylee was being fed small doses of Chlorine in her food for a period of time. Maybe she had it in her system. Anybody know this?

:twocents: Since chlorine is a gas it would be a difficult feat for the inmate to accomplish actually "dosing" her with chlorinated food. She could be "chlorinated" by giving her sodium hypochlorite aka bleach BUT it would NOT be over a long time period as this chemical would destroy the GI tract tissue including the oral cavity tissue (some folks consider the oral cavity as part of the GI tract). Same thing if she were "chlorinated" by force feeding HCl (hydrochloric acid). Both products IMHO would be a one and only time dose as the physical damage would be devastating, and IF this were her method of death before the duct tape, the damage of her epithelial layers (skin) would ELIMINATE a "sticking source". OH yeah, the perp would probably have burns on his/HER hands because the victim would regurgitate the fluids with projectile vomiting! :maddening::maddening:

:twocents: Since chlorine is a gas it would be a difficult feat for the inmate to accomplish actually "dosing" her with chlorinated food. She could be "chlorinated" by giving her sodium hypochlorite aka bleach BUT it would NOT be over a long time period as this chemical would destroy the GI tract tissue including the oral cavity tissue (some folks consider the oral cavity as part of the GI tract). Same thing if she were "chlorinated" by force feeding HCl (hydrochloric acid). Both products IMHO would be a one and only time dose as the physical damage would be devastating, and IF this were her method of death before the duct tape, the damage of her epithelial layers (skin) would ELIMINATE a "sticking source". OH yeah, the perp would probably have burns on his/HER hands because the victim would regurgitate the fluids with projectile vomiting! :maddening::maddening:

So if I am getting your point you are saying that my scenario would have the Prosecution being able to determine a cause of death. I am suggesting ingesting small amounts of powder or liquid chlorine that would have been used for the pool. It would seem that the short searches on making chlorine could have overwhelmed her and purchasing it would most likely been caught by the state.

Page 12 http://www.epa.gov/ttnchie1/le/chloro.pdf

The density of chloroform vapor is over four times greater than that of air; thus, in cases where concentrated gaseous emissions occur, the plume will tend to settle to the ground before dispersing.2 Chloroform decomposes slowly upon exposure to sunlight in the presence or absence of air, and in the dark in the presence of air.

Thanks, MADJGNLAW, for answering this on another thread. I had asked if the Anthony family used non chlorine pool cleaners. BBM

You answered:
"If I am not mistaken they used Baquasil (sp) non chlorine. It was one of the things that were researched here on WS early on."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member