TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing that I can remember. The woman who asked them not to search was from Sacramento, CA and apparently belongs to a SAR team. ???
Maybe she got word from LE?

Hope things go well tomorrow.

LE SAR efforts are frequently not reported to the media/public until much later than they actually occur.

And there is usuallly good reason for that, kwim?

As to the mention of the school counselor being a resource, that is now a couple months away at best. Even then, I do not know whether a school counselor can speak to the children without parent consent. Furthermore, if a parent were to specifically request the counselor NOT speak to the children, I very much doubt the school could go against that. Does anybody know?

I would really like to hear gitana1's thoughts on resources for the children. GAL? CASA? A counselor not hand-picked by dad?

I do know that legally the custodial parent can request for the school
counselor NOT speak to the children without a legal guardian present.
I agree the counselors at the middle school and elementary school are
amazing and given the opportunity would have helped the children.

WDEF Story: Weekend Search Efforts

This time searchers are focusing their efforts on the trails along Signal Mountain, especially on the Sequatchie County side.

Search organizers used a dozen ATVs to search the mountain, Sunday. They also used bike riders, hikers and horses.

Search organizers want to take their efforts into Riverbend*. They also plan to collect money to act as a reward for positive leads on Gail's whereabouts.

(My note: *Riverbend is Chattanooga's big summer music festival downtown)

Weekend Search Efforts Continue for Missing Signal Mountain Mom

Search organizers want to take their efforts into Riverbend. They also plan to collect money to act as a reward for positive leads on Gail's whereabouts.

http://wdef.com/news/weekend_search_efforts_continue_for_missing_signal_mountain_mom/06/2011

The organizers need to reach out to other organizations already set up and familar in helping the locals with ideas, the basics, and most importantly how to set up funds for searches and rewards. I notice the Holloway's are helping with Shelly Mook.
I wish the family and the local organizers in SM could work together to this means.

That jeep most likely is under water, covered in foliage/brush or in someone's storage/garage/bldg somewhere. I can't believe it is being driven around anywhere. Nor can I understand not wanting the info to go national. My goodness, she could be anywhere.

Can you tell I'm getting frustrated?

That jeep most likely is under water, covered in foliage/brush or in someone's storage/garage/bldg somewhere. I can't believe it is being driven around anywhere. Nor can I understand not wanting the info to go national. My goodness, she could be anywhere.

I'm frustrated that strangers have to raise money at Riverbend, instead of Gail's husband taking some of those thousands of dollars in the bank accounts and offering a reward for the mother of his children. :maddening:

JMO :cow:

I still think they will search underwater in the lakes around town, since they've searched the river at the bottom of the mountain.

But we're talking hundreds of acres of water within the 100-mile Chattanooga area alone. Add 500 miles of Alabama and it becomes almost astronomical. Where should they start?

The lake and river here are deep, but access is rather limited where you can just drive a big red jeep off into the water and sink it so it wouldn't be seen. There are so many people here with motor boats, jet skis, canoes, fishing boats - you name it, and lots of people live along the lake as well.

A rural area is more likely, maybe with a small lake or pond. Or it is just sitting in a garage somewhere.

Or they moved the car out of the area at night before she was reported missing (my theory).

I'm glad they are going to search the Sequatchie side of the mountain because the woods are thick and there are places where a car could be pushed over and no one would see it due to underbrush and rocks.

I'm frustrated that strangers have to raise money at Riverbend, instead of Gail's husband taking some of those thousands of dollars in the bank accounts and offering a reward for the mother of his children. :maddening:

I still think they will search underwater in the lakes around town, since they've searched the river at the bottom of the mountain.

But we're talking hundreds of acres of water within the 100-mile Chattanooga area alone. Add 500 miles of Alabama and it becomes almost astronomical. Where should they start?

The lake and river here are deep, but access is rather limited where you can just drive a big red jeep off into the water and sink it so it wouldn't be seen. There are so many people here with motor boats, jet skis, canoes, fishing boats - you name it, and lots of people live along the lake as well.

A rural area is more likely, maybe with a small lake or pond. Or it is just sitting in a garage somewhere.

Or they moved the car out of the area at night before she was reported missing (my theory).

I'm glad they are going to search the Sequatchie side of the mountain because the woods are thick and there are places where a car could be pushed over and no one would see it due to underbrush and rocks.

Thanks ThoughtFox. I'm just so tired of domestic issues with the wife/gf disappearing and the partner keeping their lips closed. Sometimes I think a little knuckle busting could help. :twocents:

Didn't someone mention areas that had quicksand or sinkholes, too? I wonder how long it would take a car to sink into that? It wouldn't be especially safe for searchers, either. Or so it seems.

bolded by me.

I know: for example, it's only been a little over a week since Michelle Le disappeared from Hayward, CA, and her family is asking for national attention!

I think eventually this will get national attention. :twocents:

The husband won't have to ask for it either.

Per the FB, they are trying to set up a reward fund and are running into a bit of difficulty....locally. Er.....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469

My God--did you read the comments ? What on earth is wrong with (some of) the people in that town..namely, it sounds like the banks are reflecting an overall apathy or lack of wanting to do even the least little bit they can to help. In most places, the banks would not hesitate to set up a fund. Geesh! In Alameda, CA, last November, a Yorkshire terrier was stolen from his elderly owner and the bank set up a reward fund for him (thankfully he got home, microchip saved him). I'm not saying they shouldn't have, they absolutely should have, it was a kind thing to do! And the bank in SM won't set up a fund for Gail??? Unbelievable.

I wish they would reach out to a group that could help them.
I am not quarterbacking, but rewards are tricky things. For the most part they bring out lunatics. It take a whole lot of time to vet the leads and the people calling them in....JMO. But, there are all kinds of ways to establish one. I wonder if the reluctance on the part of the people in Signal Mountain has to do with the income level of Gail and Matt?

Crimestoppers is a good place to start. Publicly denigrating the banks you are trying to pursuade to assist you? I dont know. Again, JMO.

Why are the banks saying no? Well, there is a lot of paperwork. I mean, are the people trying to establish this going to set it up as a non profit? A limited partnership? Look at the Hailey Dunn case and the debacle that occured with the search fund and the reward fund. Who are the trustees going to be? Will they be accepting online donations and what state laws will they have to consider?

I wish they would reach out to a group that could help them.
I am not quarterbacking, but rewards are tricky things. For the most part they bring out lunatics. It take a whole lot of time to vet the leads and the people calling them in....JMO. But, there are all kinds of ways to establish one. I wonder if the reluctance on the part of the people in Signal Mountain has to do with the income level of Gail and Matt?

Crimestoppers is a good place to start. Publicly denigrating the banks you are trying to pursuade to assist you? I dont know. Again, JMO.

Why are the banks saying no? Well, there is a lot of paperwork. I mean, are the people trying to establish this going to set it up as a non profit? A limited partnership? Look at the Hailey Dunn case and the debacle that occured with the search fund and the reward fund. Who are the trustees going to be? Will they be accepting online donations and what state laws will they have to consider?

bolded by me.

Thanks...I see what you are saying. Esp. regarding the bolded part. These are hard times and I can absolutely understand how people in lower income brackets (lower than MP) would say "let the rich husband fork over the reward money!"

From what I can tell there seem to be several reasons for why this small town community are truly reluctant to get involved in any way whatsoever with the "disappearance" of Gail Palmgren..

Thank you to a couple of you locals who helped me see a better or clearer picture of what the dynamics are of this area.. And please, please correct if I am wrong and/or completely off base with my description.. When a couple of you posted in response to a post of mine asking about the communities dynamics I felt like I could easily understand what it was you guys were describing.. It rang extremely familiar for me personally in that growing up in a small well known private school I feel the entire dynamics are very much the same..

Of course there are more than enough of these "fake" type(sorry thats the most polite name i could think of to use)that are running to rally around the "cause of the day".. The charity of the month.. But you see these particular causes and situations are very much benign.. They really are meaningless and rather only fake follies for the fake hearted.. I think u probably get what it is I am trying to say..

Because the minute that real tragedy.. With real consequences.. That carry negative stigma all of your "good" hearted and caring/giving members of your community have vanished.. Holed up in their home and won't come near the negative PR that may happen to rub off on them if they get too close and heaven forbid if we're talking getting down to the nitty gritty and exposing these type peoples skeletons in their closets.. You better damn well better believe they are steer clear of anything even remotely connected to those that are In the frying pan or In the hot seat(for now the Palmgrens)and I'd be willing to bet it's only a matter of time before not only the Palmgrems skeletons begin to be exposed but those too that were in any way involved with the Palmgrens or any "activities".. And this in no way is any direct accusation OF ANYONE! but rather just theorizing on possibilities of why the lack of involvement whatsoever in helping in any way with Gail's "disappearance".. And I also want to say that in describing these "charities" or causes" that I speak of that many members of the community quickly come to rally behind I don not mean that to say that these charities do not matter and are not helping people because of course they very much are helping people that are in need.. What I am saying is that they are benign.. Neutral standing.. Nothing whatsoever that would be controversial or inflammatory in nature types of "causes".. I hope that is made understandable..

These are the exact type of people that I was surrounded by for my entire childhood through out my entire teen Years while still in school.. So, I do know this "type" EXTREMELY WELL and understand this type EXTREMELY WELL.. again if I am way off base in my analogy please do not hesitate to correct me.. As no matter how familiar it may "sound" to me I still do not live there and wouldn't know if my analogy would be absolutely correct or not..

On a completely different note and totally separate issue I wanted to bring up something that Gail's family said pretty early on.. I believe it wasn't long after their having arrived in SM to find Gail.. Does anyone else remember the strange comment that was made something to te effect that " they had found out things about both Gail and Matt that prior to their having come down that had never had a clue about or known".. Does anyone else remember this??

If so I would like to hear what others thoughts are on what yhey think most likely the family had discovered about both Gail and Matt that would be important enough to publicly make a statement about it???

TIA..

Re: Reward money and the hesitance it seems that even banks are having in even setting up account for Gail's Reward Fund..

Believe, you made an excellent point that crimestoppers would be a great and appropriate place to start off.. I am not familiar in knowing if crimestoppers is nationally known. I had always been under the impression that it was a local type deal.. So that is good to know..

I totally understand those in the community that are In a different Economic bracket(lower) than that of Matt Palmgren getting a little perturbed at the thought of being asked to donate to a reward fund when it certainly seems as tho hubby is more than able to make a nice chunk available for the help in finding his dear wife..

And lastly I am not familiar with how exactly one goes about requesting money from the Tennessee government for a Missing Person's Reward fund.. But I have read time and time again in Holly Bobk's case that this money is awarded from the government when a case seems to have a scarce amount of tips or leads that could help lead LE to the person missing.. And as we also know Holly Bobo was awarded the top amount available of $50,000.00..

It seems quite obvious IMO that tips or leads are also extremely scarce in Gail's case as well.. So, why then would this route not be taken of requesting funding from Tennessee government??
(as a side note IMO the state of Tennessee is gonna live to regret their hasty decision of awarding so very quickly this top amount and large sum of money to a missing PERSON's case.. IMO they have opened the flood gates..)

But jmo, tho!

From what I can tell there seem to be several reasons for why this small town community are truly reluctant to get involved in any way whatsoever with the "disappearance" of Gail Palmgren..

Thank you to a couple of you locals who helped me see a better or clearer picture of what the dynamics are of this area.. And please, please correct if I am wrong and/or completely off base with my description.. When a couple of you posted in response to a post of mine asking about the communities dynamics I felt like I could easily understand what it was you guys were describing.. It rang extremely familiar for me personally in that growing up in a small well known private school I feel the entire dynamics are very much the same..

Of course there are more than enough of these "fake" type(sorry thats the most polite name i could think of to use)that are running to rally around the "cause of the day".. The charity of the month.. But you see these particular causes and situations are very much benign.. They really are meaningless and rather only fake follies for the fake hearted.. I think u probably get what it is I am trying to say..

Because the minute that real tragedy.. With real consequences.. That carry negative stigma all of your "good" hearted and caring/giving members of your community have vanished.. Holed up in their home and won't come near the negative PR that may happen to rub off on them if they get too close and heaven forbid if we're talking getting down to the nitty gritty and exposing these type peoples skeletons in their closets.. You better damn well better believe they are steer clear of anything even remotely connected to those that are In the frying pan or In the hot seat(for now the Palmgrens)and I'd be willing to bet it's only a matter of time before not only the Palmgrems skeletons begin to be exposed but those too that were in any way involved with the Palmgrens or any "activities".. And this in no way is any direct accusation OF ANYONE! but rather just theorizing on possibilities of why the lack of involvement whatsoever in helping in any way with Gail's "disappearance".. And I also want to say that in describing these "charities" or causes" that I speak of that many members of the community quickly come to rally behind I don not mean that to say that these charities do not matter and are not helping people because of course they very much are helping people that are in need.. What I am saying is that they are benign.. Neutral standing.. Nothing whatsoever that would be controversial or inflammatory in nature types of "causes".. I hope that is made understandable..

These are the exact type of people that I was surrounded by for my entire childhood through out my entire teen Years while still in school.. So, I do know this "type" EXTREMELY WELL and understand this type EXTREMELY WELL.. again if I am way off base in my analogy please do not hesitate to correct me.. As no matter how familiar it may "sound" to me I still do not live there and wouldn't know if my analogy would be absolutely correct or not..

On a completely different note and totally separate issue I wanted to bring up something that Gail's family said pretty early on.. I believe it wasn't long after their having arrived in SM to find Gail.. Does anyone else remember the strange comment that was made something to te effect that " they had found out things about both Gail and Matt that prior to their having come down that had never had a clue about or known".. Does anyone else remember this??

If so I would like to hear what others thoughts are on what yhey think most likely the family had discovered about both Gail and Matt that would be important enough to publicly make a statement about it???

TIA..

bolded by me.

Yes, SmoothOperator--this statement has been bugging me, also. I have no idea what they could have discovered. Did they find out that Gail had been prescribed anti-depressants? (not that she actually took them). Or that Matt was having an affair? But those are obvious and probably everyone knew about them.

glorias you bring up something else that is interesting.. Possibility that the jeep has not even been reported stolen..

This is just another very strange detail that really makes one just pause and say, "Hhhmmmm"..

I guess it could be looked at couple of ways.. Depending on who the cars name was in would possibly be a factor.. And depending on who all or each of those involved( hubby and INVESTIGATORS)look at this entire "disappearance" of Gail..

So, if the car were in Gails name and we have Matt going with the scenario that she willingly and wantingly has "disappeared" herself.. Then I guess that he would not report it stolen.. The car is hers legally and physically and he says she has taken off in it so by law there would be no laws broken(I.e. It would not be "stolen") if it's rightful owner has taken off in it..

See what I'm saying? So if indeed The jeep is in Gails name then I would expect that Matt would NOT have reported it stolen.. It wouldn't jibe/jive with his "story" that he believes happened..

Just another weird or strange occurrence. But back to LE and what they believe is the "story".. Are they truly believing as Matt is purposing thT Gail did indeed just leave of her own free will abandoning two small school aged children??
Or do they think that "story" is a crock??

I'm not too sure what it is they think or believe Happened and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998