Linda Kenny Baden *MERGED*

Does anyone know if this story ("dead squirrels crawling up into ICA's engine") will be allowed in trial?

Attorney/Client privilege ends when the attorney leaves the case? That's a new one to me. If that's the case, lets take Todd Macaluso out for a few drinks and "talk".

You'd probably get more info out of old Toddie if we met him at the beach! *wink wink*:crazy:

Do I hear that "obstruction" bus revving the engine??

Vroom Vroom... Anthony family...Vroom Vroom

Wasn't Cindy recently seen conversing with Baez about clothing....namely "striped clothing"...perhaps she is getting her own set of "summer prison striped clothes" ready. heheh!

I have to say that I am amazed at the number of people who believe that George and Cindy are just going to lay down and let that bus roll right on over them.

IMO, that goes against everything their lives have always been about. Cindy has cared so much about her/their family image that she let her daughter just take over their home so ICA would continue with the charade. And George letting ICA blame him for the death of Caylee would destroy the rest of whatever life he has left.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see either one of them as being that magnanimous. They both care WAY too much about their own lives. I believe they want ICA to be acquitted but possibly only because they think it would elevate them in the public eye. And even if they truly love ICA and want her home, IMO they aren't willing to give up their own lives by allowing themselves to be accused of goodness knows what all by ICA's defense, so the daughter they KNOW murdered their grandchild can live a happy, carefree life.

Nope... just not seeing it. Each of the Anthonys is very selfish in their own right. Nothing I have seen by either George or Cindy has ever given me any indication that either one was a selfless person.

JMHO

I don't think they are just going to lay down in front of the bus, but I do think it is going to be coming at them full speed when they least expect it, and they may have a hard time getting out of the way.

For example, when the state talks about the duct tape being from the Anthony home, the DT is going to remind the jury that there were other potential perps who had access to that same tape.

Same with the car trunk, since George also had a set of keys. And the Pooh blanket. Every time they discuss certain circumstantial evidence that the state says points to Casey, the DT is going to point the finger at George, Lee or Cindy. They all knew where Casey buried her dead pets too.

And when this happens the Anthony's will not be able to object.

I was thinking about LKB making those remarks about ICA lying...she should know better but I do believe she too is trying to taint the jury pool for they have no good defense for ICA...what do the DT have to work with? Nothing but lies flow out of ICA's mouth, and now we see her parents changing their testimonies...I do hope their attorney sat them down and gave them a stern warning waiting for that tsunami to hit! JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Florida Rules of Professional Conduct
"Rule 4-3.6 Trial Publicity

(a) Prejudicial Extrajudicial Statements Prohibited.

A lawyer shall not make an extrajudicial statement that a reasonable person would expect to be disseminated by means of public communication if the lawyer knows or reasonably should know that it will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding due to its creation of an imminent and substantial detrimental effect on that proceeding.

(b) Statements of Third Parties.

A lawyer shall not counsel or assist another person to make such a statement. Counsel shall exercise reasonable care to prevent investigators, employees, or other persons assisting in or associated with a case from making extrajudicial statements that are prohibited under this rule.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl...TM#substantial

I don't think they are just going to lay down in front of the bus, but I do think it is going to be coming at them full speed when they least expect it, and they may have a hard time getting out of the way.

For example, when the state talks about the duct tape being from the Anthony home, the DT is going to remind the jury that there were other potential perps who had access to that same tape.

Same with the car trunk, since George also had a set of keys. And the Pooh blanket. Every time they discuss certain circumstantial evidence that the state says points to Casey, the DT is going to point the finger at George, Lee or Cindy. They all knew where Casey buried her dead pets too.

And when this happens the Anthony's will not be able to object.

I'm not so sure it was ever made clear whether or not KC had buried any pets in that area just that her friends did so GA may not have know about that area. I don't see CA allowing any small furry friend locked up in a cage in her house, too messy. jmo

Does anyone know if this story ("dead squirrels crawling up into ICA's engine") will be allowed in trial?

Oh I hope so.
I'd love to hear the whole jury bust out in laughter. Going "say what"?
:cow:

Somebody said upthread that this is a defense tactic done by LKB. That's it EXACTLY. ICA can't take the stand to "recant" her lie about the nanny so the defense can move forward with their SODDI theory....so LKB gets it out there that yes, she lied. Also these mental health experts are going to say ICA admitted she lied...pathologically. This just clears up the issue for the DT of why she lied. They can then throw the "person of the hour" under the bus. Think about it....the state's case is built on the foundation of ICA's lies. This "testimony" without being testimony knocks that foundation down.

LKB's reason for quitting always made me snicker. She can't afford the travel expenses. Snicker.., there I go again. LKB and hubby Dr. Baden, i'm guessing, could easily afford to hire a private plane from NY to Florida without problem, if so inclined. I'm not buying her reason. So LKB doesn't work for free, huh? She is still involved in the case, but under the ruse of "ex defense team member". How handy that she can instrumentally speak on behalf of the defense and promote their secret agenda as an 'ex member'. I wonder if she is doing this for free or not. As much as a gag order would suck for us following the case, I think it is really needed at this point. Things are really getting slimy. I would like to see that 48 hour special nixed. I wonder if a gag order could prevent it from showing? Somehow I doubt it, but I just hate to see the DT given the limelight to spread their lies!! It really makes me angry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-kenney-baden/conviction-unvalidated-sc_b_772226.html

Conviction: Unvalidated Science in the Courtroom

snips

The adversarial system has not prevented bad science from bearing witness. Rarely has there been any punishment for an expert who has testified to false information, for a prosecutor who has been overzealous, for a defense attorney who was inadequate or for a judge who allowed the bad evidence to be presented to the jury.

"Peer review," one of the five benchmarks suggested in Daubert to ensure that another scientist independently confirmed scientific methods and opinions, has been misused.

For example, recently the New York State Forensic Science Commission was asked to accredit a unit of a police lab in duct tape comparison.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-kenney-baden/charlie-sheen-winner_b_831569.html

Charlie Sheen #Winner

So, borrowing from Sheen's playbook of honesty, if media commentators feel they can help Sheen by refusing to give him a platform, they should follow their professed morality and not broadcast anything about him. But that will not happen because being negative about Sheen will also bring in the ratings.

May 9, 2011
Casey Anthony no bin Laden, former lawyer says
Former Casey rep: 31-day delay in reporting Caylee disappearance must be explained; "This should not be death penalty case"

(CBS News) The highly-anticipated trial of Casey Anthony is moving forward, three years after her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, went missing in Orlando, Fla.

But because the casel has received so much attention, jury selection has been moved from Orlando where the trial will be held. Jurors are now being selected in Pinellas County, in Clearwater, Fla.

CBS News correspondent Kelly Cobiella reports that attorneys for the defense and prosecution have just five days to find twelve jurors and eight alternates.

Can impartial jurors be found on a case that's been thrust into national focus?

On "The Early Show" former Casey Anthony defense attorney Linda Kenney Baden said finding jurors is going to be "very, very difficult."

more
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/09/earlyshow/living/parenting/main20061025.shtml

"Do we see her as Osama bin Laden?" she asked. "We execute people like that. We execute people like Ted Bundy. This should not be a death penalty case. The amount of money going into this case when we have so many issues and so many real crimes out there against people that are brutal -- not that if she's not found guilty, it's not considered a brutal crime. But the death penalty is for the worst of the worst, and this is not it."

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder (and I am not referring to beauty)!

I guess she feels putting duct tape over Caylee's airways doesn't equal to a DP case? Oh right, they claim there is no duct tape. It's only the imagination of an over zealous prosecutor....:banghead: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Why did she leave the defense team if she is so pro Baez and defense, she is on HLN all the time praising Baez and giving her opinion. If she truly believed in the defense team, wouldn't she of stayed.

Why did she leave the defense team if she is so pro Baez and defense, she is on HLN all the time praising Baez and giving her opinion. If she truly believed in the defense team, wouldn't she of stayed.

I'm just gandering a guess here, but I bet she saw the writting on the wall, and did not want to be part of the DT as we see it now, with the new version of the "truth". LKB is a Defense Attorney, plain and simple. That's what she does. She looks for a way to defend people against the crimes they are charged with and tries to get them the best outcome possible. I would prefer that she not be making the rounds now as a talking head for this case, because I think it creates an appeal issue. But, what in this case doesn't make an appeal issue? Moo.

She said toward the end of last week on HLN "when I was an attorney". So, I'm now wondering if she still is an attorney? I haven't heard her say it again though. But I do know what I heard her say.

I've also heard she backed out because her travel expenses were not going to be comped - so I guess maybe she didn't want to spend that money.

it is so funny you brought this up. I was asking myself the same thing, so I just googled her. It said she left due to financial reasons. After KC was declared indigent LKB could no longer be reimbursed for travel etc. she left the case.

it is so funny you brought this up. I was asking myself the same thing, so I just googled her. It said she left due to financial reasons. After KC was declared indigent LKB could no longer be reimbursed for travel etc. she left the case.

Keep in mind she signed up as PRO BONo

She left the defense team because she didn't want to be known as one of the lawyers who epically failed to keep Casey Anthony off of Death Row. The same as Andrea Lyon who has a perfect record..

Lawyers with her expertise in this field do NOT accept cases Pro-Bono to later site any kind of financial difficulty in being on the team.

She was able to promote her book through this and it was her intentions all along.

Why is there no "gag" order on all the past DT members that aborted ship? The state should really do something about this because LKB and Dr.K have been making there rounds with the media and they should not be sharing their opinion on a case they were once on IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back