2011.06.08 Sidebar (Trial Day Thirteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm thinking is that Fantasy world she lived in was a evil violent place..

Can we clear this up here since people are jumping all over the place.

A lot of those terms were not typed in searches, but links provided by Wiki & Google for terms related to the initial search.

A lot of people link hop on these sites when they're bored. It's almost like 6-degrees of Kevin Bacon, but with search results. You search for 1 thing, the site "recommends" further reading, and you click, then click, then click, and then you are somehow reading about something completely unrelated to the initial search.

The witness testified that these terms were auto-generated, not specifically searched for.
She clicked on them though right? Why on Earth should we be giving her the benefit of the doubt? Seems like her little mind was getting new ideas as she searched.

Di I miss it, or did the specific phrase "How To Make Chloroform" come up yet?

TIA

Brought this quote along with me from the other thread.....

And it's important to note that the witness testified that these WERE NOT searches, but auto generated links that came from the initial searches on chloroform. You click on one, and then more are generated that are "like" the one you just clicked on. So chloroform will link to suffocation/inhalation, that link will link to something else, and so on and so on.

Since a lot of these were auto generated I don't' think this is the slam dunk many were expecting.

I think that the fact that she clicked THROUGH them makes them suspicious...she kept going and going and going through all sorts of death scenarios. That's creepy as all get out. I think this piece of evidence is much like everything else - just by itself it isn't a smoking gun but when piled up with all the other evidence, it sure is a bit of a problem for ICA's drowning theory.

I am curious how long she spent on these other pages.

Isn't it possible that she saw the Chloroform post on RM's MySpace, researched it and got scared that he may do that to her? Not that I believe it, but those searches (and not all of them were even searches), could be placed in 1000 different contexts. Someone even mentioned GA moving back in (self-defense?).

JMO, though.

this could be plausible IF chloroform wasn't found in the car.. that kind of takes all the innocent explanation out of contention..

Can we clear this up here since people are jumping all over the place.

A lot of those terms were not typed in searches, but links provided by Wiki & Google for terms related to the initial search.

A lot of people link hop on these sites when they're bored. It's almost like 6-degrees of Kevin Bacon, but with search results. You search for 1 thing, the site "recommends" further reading, and you click, then click, then click, and then you are somehow reading about something completely unrelated to the initial search.

The witness testified that these terms were auto-generated, not specifically searched for.

No. The witness testified that SOME of those searches were autogenerated and SOME were hand typed. I can't recall which was which at the moment, but you can bet we're gonna go over the transcripts to determine which was which.

In reference to computer searches connected to Zanny's accident...How will the defense explain that away? She may have needed info to make sure she was able to convince (nurse) Cindy? But, what are the dates for the search? Do they match up with the Tampa "accident"?

From Celt1997 on other thread:

Originally Posted by claudicici :
these searches sound nothing like she was planning to kill her little toddler.
sorry,I don't think the state is making a point here.

And it's important to note that the witness testified that these WERE NOT searches, but auto generated links that came from the initial searches on chloroform. You click on one, and then more are generated that are "like" the one you just clicked on. So chloroform will link to suffocation/inhalation, that link will link to something else, and so on and so on.

BUT they wouldn't BE there if she hadn't actually FOLLOWED those links, right? Even if she didn't actually GOOGLE those words?

Since a lot of these were auto generated I don't' think this is the slam dunk many were expecting.

I think that the fact that she clicked THROUGH them makes them suspicious...she kept going and going and going through all sorts of death scenarios. That's creepy as all get out. I think this piece of evidence is much like everything else - just by itself it isn't a smoking gun but when piled up with all the other evidence, it sure is a bit of a problem for ICA's drowning theory.

To me the fact that she clicked through them is also a smoking gun. Just because the items are presented to you doesn't mean one is required to click on them to get someplace else. If you aren't interested go back to google and do a different search. ICA just kept on clicking on the terms she thought were pertinent to her situation and in one case typed in a new one to wkipedia to see what came up... creepy

IMO

will state finish their case by Friday (06/10/11) like they told the judge last friday?

They told the judge Friday, June 17th.

They said the 17th (which is my birthday - that's why I remember it) not the 10th.

OK - that makes much more sense. I just could not see how they could wrap this case up in 2 more days.

Thanks - i thought i had heard them say this friday.

you guys are awesome!!

I feel weak now, at work. Someone please get me a cold one!

xox

I do this sort of link hopping all the time, especially when I am looking for something related to a crime. I go onto weirder and weirder pages.
It would be a lot more meaningful and damning IMO if ICA actively searched for these terms.
TBH I think she was looking up injuries for Zenaida to have- I dunno...

Not all of the results were auto-generated. I believe the witness also pointed out that many of those terms that were auto-generated were clicked on, and that click then generated other results of a similar vein.

Does the self defense search come into this somehow? Just a coincidence?

There's no way I can think of that you can murder a two year old and claim it was self defense.

Lee Anthony is in the hallway - what do you all think he's going to testify about now?

What happened this morning about ICA giving LA the wrong password? I missed the testimony but saw it on the trial thread. Maybe that.

Just coming back from errands, did I miss something big?

She clicked on them though right? Why on Earth should we be giving her the benefit of the doubt? Seems like her little mind was getting new ideas as she searched.

I disagree. It's not about giving her the benefit of the doubt. Wiki is set up in such a way that one can read links till the end of time. I think this is probably the weaker of the SA's evidence. ICA wasn't searching all of these terms. She was clicking links. Means something different to me.

OMG, I am just HORRIFIED. Even if it was just suggested links, SHE CLICKED ON ALL OF THEM. Whoa. I hope Cindy and George realized what this was. Holy God. She really was looking for ways to stage their murder and claim self defense...and I know some of those were directed towards Caylee, I bet. There's no WAY she'd able to chloroform her parents...and those internal injuries...I am just chilled to the bone here.

Anyone else glad that she didn't think to look up poisons like arsenic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror