TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents:Maybe GP was snatched to cook in someone's Meth Lab... or make formulas for "designer drugs" for some local cartel. She has a doctorate of Pharmacy (and so does Matt) .....Pharmacists have big chemistry backgrounds typically. I know sounds like a made for TV movie....hey stranger things have happened. Let your "sleuthy minds" figure that out for yourself. There is much more to my possible 'way out there" theory, BUT ...this situation has been way too "out there" from the beginning and just gets more curious with each passing day. Who really knows what or who trust or believe anymore.:banghead:

Dark red Damn scary IF you ask me...

BBM.. Exactly...

The Oklahoma Jane Doe has been identified and is not Gail...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139342"]Identified! OK - Looking for info on murder victim found 5/28/11: Kimberly Harlow - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If that were the case the first thing I would have noticed would have been her "adam's apple"! I couldn't help but wonder how she judged her height while she was in the truck!?

bolded by me.

I wondered about this, too.

bolded by me.

:twocents:I wondered about this, too.
I thought about that too but immediately thought....well maybe C knew from the TV news about Gail and her Jeep ....maybe she knew what the missing flyers stats were and Gail is listed as 5' 8" and wt. # 135 ......maybe the woman in the passenger seat looked of similar stature to Gail's stats and thus C came to the conclusion the passengers stats must be much like Gail's....just a thought
:websleuther:

I thought about that too but immediately thought....well maybe C knew from the TV news about Gail and her Jeep ....maybe she knew what the missing flyers stats were and Gail is listed as 5' 8" and wt. # 135 ......maybe the woman in the passenger seat looked of similar stature to Gail's stats and thus C came to the conclusion the passengers stats must be much like Gail's....just a thought
:websleuther:

Absolutely agree. She was inspired to call in the siting after she saw the news about Gail's disappearance, correct? She may have simply said the h/w was consistent.

I am trying to envision a sequence of events that would end with Gail being in the Big Forks area with her Jeep anytime after she was sighted.

If you are the passenger in the Jeep, and you know that both you and Gail and a rather high profile vehicle have been seen by at least one witness....would you leave either Gail, the vehicle or both in the area after you were seen?

Assuming that the passenger was compelling Gail in some way to head to a remote area, that is...And if you are Gail and you are being compelled to a remote area, why not crash the vehicle where the witnesses are? I suppose it would depend on what kind of duress she was under. :(.

Perhaps, if we run with the speculation that Gail was in effect kidnapped, the plan might have been to make it look like a crash, or a suicide or an accident of some kind.

Or there was a lot of thought put into to how to conceal Gail and her vehicle. Hmmm.

I think I saw the mines marked on Google Earth, and the small lakes are shown also. (But I admit I've been looking at alot of maps, so I might be confused - there are topographical maps online, but I can't find the right link.)

I think I saw the mines marked on Google Earth, and the small lakes are shown also. (But I admit I've been looking at alot of maps, so I might be confused - there are topographical maps online, but I can't find the right link.)

The USGS has them mapped but I have a quick question- are we looking at land reclamation (mines/shafts etc) that existed prior to surface mining law? Or current? Or both?

I can pull up the actual mapping program used here:
http://tn.gov/environment/tdg/pdf/statemap.pdf

And then zero in on the area. Does anyone have the coordinates they are interested in? Or even the borders of a quadrant (by road name or access road or anything like that?) TIA

:twocents:Maybe GP was snatched to cook in someone's Meth Lab... or make formulas for "designer drugs" for some local cartel. She has a doctorate of Pharmacy (and so does Matt) .....Pharmacists have big chemistry backgrounds typically. I know sounds like a made for TV movie....hey stranger things have happened. Let your "sleuthy minds" figure that out for yourself. There is much more to my possible 'way out there" theory, BUT ...this situation has been way too "out there" from the beginning and just gets more curious with each passing day. Who really knows what or who trust or believe anymore.:banghead:

Call me crazy but I totally think this could be a possibility.

MP said to Gail that he was filling for Divorce. Then why kill her?

She thought he was having her followed, but maybe it was the drug dealers waiting for the right opportunity to snatch her.

Also, these people could easily make her car disappear either by painting it or hiding it.

Sign me up for this discussion.

Janeumeyer said:
MP said to Gail that he was filling for Divorce. Then why kill her?

Well, that's the $64,000 question on about half the cases we talk about here on Websleuths! :innocent:

My husband always says, "But why do they kill their wives instead of divorcing them?" My answer ~ "I have no idea."

But in this case, we may have several motives (hypothetical, of course).

Sometimes the husband just doesn't want to split up the money and the land. In this case, MP mainly talked about Gail's bank accounts, her pin numbers, and some jewelry she took from the house (her own family heirlooms, it turns out).

Then there is the reputation (or what's left of it). Most men who do away with their wives believe they are above reproach and the police will believe everything they say about their wives. In this case, we have a husband calling his wife crazy in interviews and in court filings. Did police find any evidence of that? No. Was she scared and a little paranoid? Yes - with good reason.

If a man has enough hubris and ego, and is used to lying and getting away with all kinds of things, he may convince himself that he is above the law or that he should literally get the last word in an ongoing argument. He's the judge and jury. Gail was lucky (wrong word) in one strange way because she saw it coming and told others about it. Some wives (like Laci Peterson) never expect it and get caught unaware.

Well, that's the $64,000 question on about half the cases we talk about here on Websleuths! :innocent:

My husband always says, "But why do they kill their wives instead of divorcing them?" My answer ~ "I have no idea."

Sometimes the husband just doesn't want to split up the money and the land. In this case, MP mainly talked about Gail's bank accounts, her pin numbers, and some jewelry she took from the house (her own family heirlooms, it turns out).

Then there is the reputation (or what's left of it). Most men who do away with their wives believe they are above reproach and the police will believe everything they say about their wives. In this case, we have a husband calling his wife crazy in interviews and in court filings. Did police find any evidence of that? No. Was she scared and a little paranoid? Yes - with good reason.

If a man has enough hubris and ego, and is used to lying and getting away with all kinds of things, he may convince himself that he is above the law or that he should literally get the last word in an ongoing argument. He's the judge and jury. Gail was lucky (wrong word) in one strange way because she saw it coming and told others about it. Some wives (like Laci Peterson) never expect it and get caught unaware.

BBM
Exactly what I say to my wife every time we see one of these cases!
In terms of money and splitting assets - guess they truly believe they will get away with it...

A redflag I've noticed (mentioned this before) is that whenever there is a divorce in the works and the husband wants or is fighting for custody of the kids after which the wife goes missing - the husband is one responsible.
No idea why husbands so intent upon getting custody turn out to be murders (when their wives then go missing)... control freaks? money cheap skates?

Excellent point ThoughtFox. May add, and hypothetically, of course...
In so many cases CONTROL factors into the greed. Not only would a separation/divorce split control and access to current assets, it would always control access to children and always factor in to any future relationships. It would certainly place financial burden in the future as well, thereby, putting a man in this situation under the control of the court systems until the children reached majority. He would always be accoutable to the courts/ex-wife.

On the other hand, if no separation was "necessary" he would remain in control of his future social and financial endeavors. He would retain all assetts, children, marital funds (unless a specific trust for the were pre-arranged). In the case of a spouse being found deceased (such as an accident which could not be linked to him), the man might also be the beneficiary to additional funds via insurance policies or, in some cases, home/debt payoff (if this was chosen when the mortgage is set up). This would equate to a complete "fresh start" with added cash benefits and total control of the children. No alimony, no child support, nobody else to answer to ...complete freedom (but a very guilty concience...hopefully). No more accountability to anyone but himself.

In so many cases CONTROL factors into the greed. Not only would a separation/divorce split control and access to current assets, it would always control access to children and always factor in to any future relationships. It would certainly place financial burden in the future as well, thereby, putting a man in this situation under the control of the court systems until the children reached majority. He would always be accoutable to the courts/ex-wife.

On the other hand, if no separation was "necessary" he would remain in control of his future social and financial endeavors. He would retain all assetts, children, marital funds (unless a specific trust for the were pre-arranged). In the case of a spouse being found deceased (such as an accident which could not be linked to him), the man might also be the beneficiary to additional funds via insurance policies or, in some cases, home/debt payoff (if this was chosen when the mortgage is set up). This would equate to a complete "fresh start" with added cash benefits and total control of the children. No alimony, no child support, nobody else to answer to ...complete freedom (but a very guilty concience...hopefully). No more accountability to anyone but himself.

Good points! And you answered what I've been pondering about husband who want custody and then do-in their wives. It's all about control, and they are control-freak bas..... (I better not say it)..

In so many cases CONTROL factors into the greed. Not only would a separation/divorce split control and access to current assets, it would always control access to children and always factor in to any future relationships.
(snip)
On the other hand, if no separation was "necessary" he would remain in control of his future social and financial endeavors. He would retain all assetts, children, marital funds (unless a specific trust for the were pre-arranged).

Good points! And you answered what I've been pondering about husband who want custody and then do-in their wives. It's all about control, and they are control-freak bas..... (I better not say it)..

I couldn't agree more with both of you!

Even calling her and telling her he wanted to file papers for a separation is a type of control, in my opinion. He was sending the message that things were going to happen on his schedule, not hers, and that he would file first, not her. Or maybe he had no intention of filing for separation when he called, and just wanted to shake her up, keep her off-kilter. Either way, it's controlling behavior.

I just checked and via US-127 it's about
18 mins / 10.36 miles from Gail's house to Big Fork Road..

Do we know for certain Gail was seen at Ace with the dark haired woman and do we know what time the phone pinged at the base of the mtn on the 30th?

Would someone please advise where MP's mother's home is ? Is it a complex in Signal Mountain?

I find a lot of these disappearances of wives, girlfriends etc have linkages to the male partner's mother's residence - in and around etc - so perhaps LE should be looking up and around the mother's home / area as well? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member