The Canvas Laundry Bags

I have not seen it confirmed that it was the twin but think I have seen it confirmed that it was the exact same brand and design.

IIRC, the bag is a two piece apparatus, one which fits within the other and which can also be used separately and independently. Both of which due to the way they are constructed can stand alone.

Now I am off to reread the thread to see if I do recall correctly.

Just so the info is here on WS for future searchers:

Documents describe the canvas bag that Caylee was in as a Whitney Design item #2516.

This is the online description of that #2516 model bag, with pic at the link:
http://www.organize.com/large-krush-can.html

The one the detective found in the Anthony garage was of the same make and wire rimmed, "pop up" style but was smaller and rectangular.

What I find interesting is:
  • The bag had a PVC lining. That should have slowed down decomp fluids from leaking into the car trunk.
  • The wire frame that makes it pop up and hold shape... wouldn't that have made the trash bag even bulkier? Maybe they had removed the wire rims?

bumping the opening post as it has lots of good detail describing the bag at scene and the one found at garage

the link in OP no longer works to take you to a picture of the product. Am looking for a still existing link to an image of the bag, I do not think it is still being produced/sold.

Please, someone confirm that we knew the canvas laundry bag was the twin of another found at the Anthony's. I knew this from two years ago. I just posted in the sidebar that I wondered why the twin laundry bag was left in a black plastic garbage bag when investigators found it? Did KC forget to dispose of it?

I haven't read this thread, so please excuse my ignorance. Thanks.

The remains laundry bag and the one at the house weren't twins but you might say they were related. The remains bag had a round opening. The bag at the house had a square or rectangular opening. But both bags were Whitney Design brand.

tlcox said:
IIRC, the bag is a two piece apparatus,

The bags were one piece.

from post #32 in this ws thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3348240&postcount=32"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Canvas Laundry Bag[/ame]

Attachments

• canvas laundry bag.gif
    canvas laundry bag.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 4
the link in OP no longer works to take you to a picture of the product. Am looking for a still existing link to an image of the bag, I do not think it is still being produced/sold.

Here is a product image of the Whitney Design brand laundry bag which was used for the body. Click to enlarge.

Attachments

• 2516_product.jpg
    2516_product.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 25
I was led to understand there is a bag and then a liner within the bag. I was mistaken about them being useful independently tho

perhaps I misconstrued. That is why I am acquainting myself with this thread, due to testimony regarding the bag today. Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding re the bags.

I was led to understand there is a bag and then a liner within the bag. QUOTE]

During the trial, the forensics investigators said that roots were growing between the outer layer of the bag and an inner lining.

Is that what you're referring to?

perhaps that is what gave me the impression, yes, a coating or liner within the bag, that is what probably confused me.

To be more specific, I believe the chief medical examiner, JG, said that roots were growing between the outer layer and inner layer of the canvas bag.

I have the exact Whitney laundry bag (only I bought it separately at Target). I had to put it in the garage once her body was found. I couldn't stand to look at it. It is exactly the perfect size for a toddler who was bagged in a fetal position to fit. It comes up to about my knees or a bit higher. The canvas is coated inside with some kind of water-resistant coating that might peel off if left to the elements, I don't know.

I always thought that she might have bagged her in the garbage bags while she was in the trunk, sliding them over her like pillowcases, end to end, one going one way, one going another to limit spillage and for her to be able to handle the outer bag. Then she could lift the bag up and transfer it to the laundry bag with handles so nothing would touch her. I still haven't figured out how she put it all back in the trunk and closed the lid though, unless she laid it on its side. When the bag is full and upright, I'd think it would be too tall to fit.

My ex bf had tche exact bagt also. After the info about the bags came out, I walked in his bathroom and was absolutely stunned to see it sitting there. I even looked at the tag to see if it was the same, and it was. Its such a big bag..

Somthing else that came up yesterday with Cindy. She was asked about a tote bag and a cylindar bag. Kathi Melich and Schaeffer gleaned from the testimony that there was a missing tote bag. For thelife of me, I have listened to the testimony three times and I do not get that there was a missing tote.

I mean if Linda had made it clear that Cindy bought two of each, I would understand. One cylindar found at the scene - and one in the home. I am assuming only one tote was found in the home and one tote has NEVER been found and was used to carry Caylee, which sounds right.

My problem is that listening to the testimony, it is not clear that there is a missing tote. I would never have known if not for the interview analysis with Kathy and Schaeffer.

Am I missing something in the direct by Linda? Thanks

And thanks again Zsa Zsa for the video.

I think they misunderstood. There were 2 bags--one was found at the remains scene and one was seized by LE as evidence at the A. home. Cindy considers that one to be missing, but I would bet you $100 it is sitting in the evidence room in the courthouse at this very moment.

I think they misunderstood. There were 2 bags--one was found at the remains scene and one was seized by LE as evidence at the A. home. Cindy considers that one to be missing, but I would bet you $100 it is sitting in the evidence room in the courthouse at this very moment.

I'd bet you another $100 I saw it entered into evidence, can't remember which day but am positive it was.

But Linda is very clear that Cindy (and Cindy also) is very clear that she bought the cylindar tote and the regular tote. This is the first I am hearing about the regular tote. And it is reasonable that Casey carried Caylee (say to the back yard in the regular tote and elsewhere).

Caylee was found in the cylindar one WHICH MATCHES THE CYLINDAR ONE FOUND IN THE ANTHONY HOME GARAGE. But how does the state know that there is a regular tote and it is missing - that is my point, it is not clear from the questioning yesterday???? Maybe the state HAS a cylindar tote in evidence (the one that matched the one found in the woods AND THE STATE also has a regular tote) and knows that Cindy bought two of each????

But Linda is very clear that Cindy (and Cindy also) is very clear that she bought the cylindar tote and the regular tote. This is the first I am hearing about the regular tote. And it is reasonable that Casey carried Caylee (say to the back yard in the regular tote and elsewhere).

Caylee was found in the cylindar one. But how does the state know that there is a regular tote and it is missing - that is my point, it is not clear from the questioning yesterday????

Because Cindy talked extensively about it in her depo - the tote bag used to hold the stuffed animals in Caylee's room.

Because Cindy talked extensively about it in her depo - the tote bag used hold the stuffed animals in Caylee's room.

Okay, that is helpful. Getting closer -

But the state says to Cindy after the state confiscated them, did you ever see them again and Cindy says no. So I am assuming that there is one of each STILL in the black bag (now in evidence). Do you know if Cindy said she bought two of each?

Just drives me crazy when I can't figure it out. Thanks again.

Okay, that is helpful. Getting closer -

But the state says to Cindy after the state confiscated them, did you ever see them again and Cindy says no. So I am assuming that there is one of each STILL in the black bag (now in evidence). Do you know if Cindy said she bought two of each?

Just drives me crazy when I can't figure it out. Thanks again.

I think what happened (going by memory from the depo) that Cindy moved the animals into some else in the room and both those laundry bags went into black garbage bags onto a shelf in the garage. When Casey disposed of Caylee she grabbed the garbage bag with the cylinder laundry bag inside of it and went about her merry way. So it goes something like this - she grabbed a spare garbage bag and put Caylee in that, took the other garbage bag off the laundry bag and added that , so Caylee is now in 2 garbage bags then she put Caylee into the laundry bag.

Caylee was found in the cylindar one WHICH MATCHES THE CYLINDAR ONE FOUND IN THE ANTHONY HOME GARAGE. But how does the state know that there is a regular tote and it is missing - that is my point, it is not clear from the questioning yesterday???? Maybe the state HAS a cylindar tote in evidence (the one that matched the one found in the woods AND THE STATE also has a regular tote) and knows that Cindy bought two of each????

No, the regular (square) one was the one found in the A. home. It "matches" the cylindrical one in which Caylee was found only in the sense that it comes from the same "set."

ONE cylindrical bag--found with Caylee.

ONE square bag--found in the home.

None missing. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member