You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

HlN said forensic people were in the wings today, so prob. onboard for tomorrow.
I want to do the fly test on something dead..............

When your living room is the cleanest room in the whole house..(because I won't leave it during court) Next week I may paint it!

When you are having a "moment" in a store standing behind people that don't know how to do their job and don't seem to care.....feeling your blood boiling by the minute and you actually slip (and this hardly ever happens) and ask the man if his pocket square has rendered him ineffective as they have been known to do that.

Yep it happened. Nope I'm not proud.....but it sure made me feel better and I've been laughing about it for hours.

When I have the TV on in every room and the computer going watching the trial, while I am reading websleuth threads on my Ipad!

--When you drive your teenaged daughter to the mall with her friend and wait at Starbucks on their wireless for two hours with earbuds. At least I didn't stand up and yell "objection!".

--When you are close to bushy areas with high grass and foliage close to the road and think about how there would be no way to see anything five feet in.
At the time thinking it would be a good and easy place to hide a body, especially one of a partially decomposed child.

--When you start to take too much of an interest in the critters the cat kills and the fly action.

:blushing:

When, in the privacy of your own home, you shout "I loves me some Jeff Ashton" so loudly you hear your neighbour call out "Jeff who?".

When you left click your mouse to refresh Websleuths like a rat hits a pellet bar.

When you're at your desk, watching the trial on your computer and nature calls, launching a 7-step process:

1.) Leave one of your current set of earbuds in.
2.) Attach second set of earbuds to iPhone.
3.) Replace the removed earbud from computer with the recently-attached earbud from the iPhone.
5.) Launch iPhone-friendly web page with live video feed of the trial.
6.) Toddle off to bathroom.
7.) Take care of business with iPhone in your hand while you stare at the screen.

Returning to your desk means reversing these steps.

Edited to add:
You also know you're addicted to the case when you leave out #4 on a numbered list, presumably while you channel JB.

Oh! And when you read about otherwise sane people experimenting with flies and squirrels and taping their mouths shut with ducttape? Fine with it.

When you start sympathizing with the defendant!

Call me bonkers, but having spent all this time watching the trial day after day, poring over all the details of her case, reading her jailhouse letters, watching her in trial and noting every expression on her face, it's only natural that you should start "identifying" with the object of all this obsession. It's like when you've delved so deeply into the details of a person's life and psyche you can't help but start feeling 'attached.' Like you've come to know that person.

Unfortunately, Caylee should absolutely be the focus, but it is Casey who is on trial here, so she gets all of the attention. And by sympathizing I do not mean that I feel she is innocent - but I don't hate her with the same venom that some others here have expressed. I see it as an all round tragedy - not only in the case of Caylee's murder, but also in how KC had to go ruin her life like that when she had no reason to, when she had the rest of her life ahead of her.

Funny how stuff creeps into your everyday life.

Yesterday I had to go to Target. As I was walking thru the doors, I thought about KC's numerous trips and videos of her in Target.

Which is stranger? KC spending money she didn't have and making trip after trip to Target, or my thinking about her trips as I entered the store!

:blushing:When you catch yourself just before you are about to call an actual "Cupcake" a "Thwartcake". :cupcake:

You know you're addicted to the case when:

Your kids call you from college and you tell them you'll have to call them back during a "special break" or during the lunch hour!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You know you're addicted to the case when--

You have dreams about ICA. I had a dream last week that I was in prison with her. No idea what I did to be there but I was there and we became friends. She wasn't attending her trial and she talked me into helping her sneak someplace to watch it on TV....and we did. Haha. :)

Phewwwwwww-- it feels good to get that off of my chest. If I were to tell this to anyone else but my fellow Websleuthers, people would think I've gone bonkers!!

If at any time JB begins to make sense to you, seek treatment immediately.

I knew I was addicted when even my cats knew if I was sitting in front of the tv with the computer on my lap thry needed to walk away other wise I will start b^^^^ing about the DT to them.

I found out last week I am not as addicted to this case as I thought I was.

We went on a week long cruise last week and I was about so worried about missing the daily coverage that has kept me glued to the TV and PC for the last month.

The first thing I did was when we got on board was to check the TV stations. I was happy to see HLN was there thinking I could at least get the afternoon sessions.

But to my surprise I didn't even watch it once...I was having too much fun!!

So I learned a lesson......there is a life beyond this trial.

You know you are addicted when...

your hubby is installing an invisible fence in your yard, emerges from your toolshed, comes into the family room where you are watching the trial, and throws something in your lap. You look down to *horror* HENKEL SILVER DUCT TAPE and scream "throw this away immediately".

FINALLY we find the provider of the duct tape ... I have been wondering all this time and she was right here in front of me lol ... OK maybe that isn't the truth but it is as believable as anything else I have heard the defense say.

You're afraid to post this funny video on your Facebook profile (cuz they might think you're nuts!) so you post the link here at WS where everyone gets it and no one wonders if you're too involved in the trial! Funniest video of the trial:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2205535777544&oid=163757963687277&comments

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Best best best!!!

Here's another good one I found. Judge Judy vs ICA
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9H0P7K9EfI"]YouTube - ‪Judge Judy Calls Casey Anthony‬‏[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back