2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't Jose request to treat the witness as hostile>? Would that allow him to ask leading question? Just remembering Marsha Clark calling a witness during their case and asking judge ito to have witness entered as hostile because she couldn't get him to answer like this guy and judge ito did. Then she was able to illicit from that witness what she wanted.,

Bill Schaeffer just said a good lawyer would have known three questions in that he wil do your client no good and end the questioning...

:lol: Bill Shaeffer - A so called "good lawyer" would have realized 3 questions in, that this was not going to go his way.

Schaefer said JB should go over the rules of how to ask a question! Well...actually a question that isn't leading!

twitter

On cross, Ashton should simply ask, "you were hired by defense, right?"

I would probably be a lot more entertained if Caylee hadn't been reduced to a tiny pile of dead bones and Casey wasn't on trial for her life.

I find this trial sad in many ways. I cry for the baby, while wanting her mother to have a fair trial. I am not amused by any of this, on either side.

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jurors are yawning, trying to stay alert.. Some might be trying to lip read the sidebar!

Kathi Belich, WFTV
Casey tied up her sweater to make it tighter!

I don't think Baez has any plan. No rhyme or reason to have these people on the stand. He drags them up to try and discredit them but he has no idea what they might say or what he is really looking for. No goal. Just takes up time and talks minutae for no reason. This testimoney is a big nothing. Then when Baez argues the case he will just make up something using some aspect of what this guy said. He will just invent a closing argument using this stuff somehow.

I agree with you. I use to think he attended the "broken clock" school of law but then I realized he is never right twice in one day. He'll be lucky if HE doesn't get the DP after all is said and done.

Casey tied up her sweater to make it tighter!
53 seconds ago
»
Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jurors are yawning, trying to stay alert.. Some might be trying to lip read the sidebar!

If Baez were failing like a bunch of you feel he is, why is JA objecting to every other question??

It's his job to object for the record and state the reason becasue this backs them up in appeals. Even if the testimony "helps" the State if Jose is leading then it needs addressed for the record.

Can you elaborate what you mean on this, I am not aware of today's lunch meeting, or is there another thread here that discussed what you are referring to? Thanks!

Sorry, should have been less sarcastic. I was under the impression they stayed through the jurors lunch for a bit regarding the STates discovery. Maybe I'm wrong?

Come on folks, this isn't that hard to see what he's doing, he's discrediting the lab and their findings.

Well, that is what he is trying to do. He has not been successful so far, imo.

He is just describing the usual types of things that happen in scientific research experiments. And he is trying to make them ALL seem like malfunction or contamination. But just because certain levels rise and ebb and flow, does not mean there was a malfunction in the equipment.

Poor JA has to just keep standing. Sustained. Sustained. Sustained...

Sadly, I don't think Baez has a clue about what he is doing to his own "expert" witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkyjoe