2011.06.22 TRIAL Day Twenty-five (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA date took air samples was 7/21/08 - needle syringe - inside trunk - 8" needle - didn't open and inspect the trunk no - didn't know the trunk liner was removed and spare tire cover removed 4 days before -no didn't know that....4 days after was the air sample....how much is 250 microliters...a micro liter is one millionth of a liter - about the size of width of pencil lead and length of draw on syringe maybe 1/4"....not very much air.....inject into tevlar bag....taken to lab

on 21st pulled 2 samples first one was 1 liter and second was

triple sorbent trap -
held by OCSO a deputy brought a 300 ml tevlar bag to ...on morning of 22nd...Dr. Vass uses triple sorbent trap by Dr. Vass
pull air thru 3 traps - each of them pull out different components - if you pull out 10 liters of air you get what was in 10 liters of air.

in air samples itself - some weak organic compounds then went to next level - ambiant air and allow chemicals to attach itself to ...but that sample method isn't as good as triple sorbent trap- the triple sorbent trap a better methodology for sampling @ low concentrations of air sample....a better method than casrbon strips...used best method to try to determine what was in air in trunk....doesn't tell you where it came from....if a particular object in trunk - if those items were isolated and test the air to collobrate to equalize the amount of the compound in the air....one methods to place item in tevlar bag to offgas - acceptable approach....
even with methods able to use...with trunk liner gone - still able to detect chloroform and TCE and dimethaldisulfide.....on that limited sampling those chemical are consistent with research out there about human decomp - those components are in peer reviewed lit....can come from other sources as well..

chloroform can come from bleach and reaction with other components....in literature in finding it in swim pool water - one article where chloroform was in swim pool - minor amounts and there should be other components when chlorine and chemical components....if bromine is present and chlorine together hypobromois acid ...methane and hydrochloro acid....as long as bromide there to form hypobromis acid...

any case in literature about chorine caused by bathing suit in trunk or accidental create chloroform with chlorine (cl2) natural form of chlorine...suspect that material hydrolize with water or dissapate....anything in your eval of air sample that chlorine came from some inadvertant reaction between pool chlorine and ......nothing in our results to indicate source of tetrochloroetheline and the other there.

ed is not in human decomp - odor from trunk when you inspected it...but no back g round in identify odor...

redirect- CM -

found these slight traces of chloroform in only 2 samples tested in 5A and 5B? no sir I believe it was the #3 40 min micro-extract and the 2 solid phase from 7 1/2 hrs also contained those compounds....don't know the source of any those 3.....main thing there was gasoline? the predominat chromatograph profile was gas....created report on 7/30 3 years ago....based on circumstances car in garage - trunk liner removed - surprised to find elements of gas.....No not surprised to find that

witness excused

I don't think JA should be giving this man a chance to speak freely and at length about chemistry - he's just not engaging enough and it's muddling the take home message. IMO.

Anyone ever register for an 8:30 a.m. science class? How soon before you dropped it?

Why doesn't Jeff A know there was no chlorine in the Anthony pool????

Because correct me if I'm wrong, but the only place we have heard that is from Cindy.........and well you know, she might have been "mistruthing".

So what points did this last witness make? Was he helpful to the defense? I just got on and missed everything so far.

Love that JA gets in the point about the liner being removed at the end!

I thought CM did an okay job with that witness. Short and to the point.

JA also doing a fine job with the witness.

All in all, I actually learned a few things of value from all that.

Do you think CM did not know the trunk liner had been removed? Is that possible?

Does anybody have any news articles about the Florida death penalty court ruling? I searched online and found NOTHING.

So the Prosecution had no idea until JB's opening statement (or was it not until testimony?) that he was going to say Zanny the Nanny never existed? He kinda ambushed them on that?

If you go back and watch the DT opening statement ,watch JA's reaction.
He's incredulous. Kind of like his response when Dr. Bock said the bone might have been buried by a dog.

I really believe we've all been way too worried about Juror #4. Listening to her Voie Dire she reminded me so much of my neighbors momma.... a little bit older, church going, not a gossipy sort, doesn't like to judge people... yet I tell you every day I see her she asks what I think now because she's ready to see her Guilty & Punished. Her typical line is "God forgive me, that woman needs to be put to death for what she did to her baby". I don't think we'll see a hung jury, and I doubt she's thinking lesser charge. She's the one who the tweets say stare at ICA, shakes her head during disturbing testimony, etc... I think the note taking is BS as well. When the SA's were up she was reported to taking notes. MOO

I work with ladies seemingly like Juror #4---and they are NO BS kind of people. I think LDB called it 'common sense.'

A quick Google search does show studies that have been focused on exposure to chloroform in pools. I have no idea about the quantification of that, and I don't know what would happen if pool water was left in a trunk of a car but it is a known issue.

I don't understand how so much chloroform could have gotten into the trunk whichever way. Casey must have really soaked the rag (poor Caylee) or had the bottle tip over in the trunk.

osvq.jpg

I am sorry I could not pass this up

As to the "death penalty declared unconstitutional" story, WESH had Eaton on during the break, and i thought he said at this point it only was related to a certain trial/person...i think his name was Evans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beefalo