GUILTY IL - Anakin Credit, 2, beaten & strangled, Springfield, 11 March 2008

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
This one hits close to home Sleuthers. It is three years after the fact. I hope you will give this adorable boy your best efforts.

A leading expert on deaths caused by abuse says that 2-year-old Anakin Credit of Springfield was strangled two years ago.

“My opinion about the death of this child is that it is a homicide victim from asphyxiation by strangulation with another significant contributory factor of blunt abdominal trauma with a large liver laceration and a very large amount of blood in the peritoneal cavity,” wrote Dr. Mary Case, medical examiner for St. Louis County in Missouri, in an Oct. 21 letter to the office of inspector general for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.

DCFS subsequently reopened its investigation of the boy's death. The results of the investigation are now in the hands of prosecutors.

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x1394799961/Report-by-Missouri-expert-found-2-year-old-was-strangled

Despite obvious signs of physical abuse that since have been noted by two pathologists who ruled Anakin’s death a homicide, Boone and her hand-picked pathologist, Dr. Jessica Bowman, ruled that the child died a natural death from a rare childhood cancer. Thanks to an audit by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Anakin’s case was reopened last October and a criminal investigation is under way.

from 2010 local op ed in paper

http://extras.sj-r.com/mobile/opinions/36853/

suspects name is Mason L. Weems. His bond is set at $500,000.

again, do your work sleuths. Give this child your best efforts. This matter has been languishing far too long. Some sort of resolution is needed. I know the sleuths here will do it justice.

It should also be known that a google of the former medical examiners name, Susan Boone, will yield interesting results of several highprofile cases where her findings have been discredited.

Besides a laceration on his liver and blood in his abdomen, Anakin had bruises on his forehead, stomach and neck

Dr. Jessica Bowman, who performed an autopsy on Anakin, concluded that the boy died from cancer and found no sign of foul play. She blamed any bruises on resuscitative efforts.

“There is no sign of trauma that would under normal circumstances be lethal,” Bowman wrote in the autopsy report.

Bowman last year wrote that “a basic knowledge of medicine” was needed to understand the case.

“This review and opinions are given in a reasonable degree of medical certainty based upon available information INCLUDING having performed the actual autopsy, and my training, knowledge and experience as a Board Certified Clinical and Anatomic Pathologist with diagnosis of living patients AS WELL as training, knowledge and experience in forensic pathology,” Bowman wrote at the conclusion of her rebuttal.

Unlike Case and Denton, Bowman is not board-certified in forensic pathology.

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x536830697/Springfield-man-indicted-in-death-of-2-year-old-Anakin-Credit?photo=0

How the he77 does one mistake a lacerated liver with severe bleeding into the abdominal cavity, along with bruises to the head, neck and stomach - with a sudden death by a small tumor? This just makes no sense at all.

Bowman is scary and she claims to diagnose living patients as well as work in forensics...

Bowman and her boss Boone are both out of their jobs now, too many cases where findings don't make sense.

four to five case including this one where their findings are heavily disputed.

g12c0000000000000008daef43a1ad740628c4870286dd64a4251f60ce3.jpg

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x1031044994/DCFS-reviewing-death-of-Springfield-toddler?img=1

What a beautiful little guy.

From the above link:

DCFS spokesman Kendall Marlowe said three other children — two belonging to Anakin’s mother and another whose father was the mother’s boyfriend when Anakin died — are not living with their parents. They have been placed with other relatives under a safety plan created under the auspices of DCFS.

“My guess would be that it (the safety plan) would have happened shortly after we opened the latest investigation in October,” Marlowe said.

Anakin’s mother told investigators her son had started banging his head on the floor five or six months earlier and that he was scheduled to be tested for autism. But William Credit, Anakin’s father, told police the boy was not autistic.

Credit said his son had hit his head against the floor early in life “as a temper tantrum kind of thing,” but that he had phased out of it. Anakin appeared healthy and got regular pediatric care, Credit said.

“He was really robust and full of energy,” Credit said. “He was full force — he was always on.”

Between Credit and his mother, the family has a stack of photos two inches thick. Anakin dressed as a dinosaur. Anakin with a bucket from the dollar store worn as a hat. Anakin, the little boy who liked to run with both arms out in front of him, thumbs up.

I don't see how this is anyone's business, and seeing as you are technically so close to this case, I also don't see exactly what you're trying to accomplish here. But that could just be me.

~Heather

I don't see how this is anyone's business, and seeing as you are technically so close to this case, I also don't see exactly what you're trying to accomplish here. But that could just be me.

~Heather

I not sure what to think of your post. But abused and murder childern is everyone business. IMO

I see you just join and have one post. This forum is what WS is lot about. You should look around the Forums.
Well Welcome anyway !

I not sure what to think of your post. But abused and murder childern is everyone business. IMO

I see you just join and have one post. This forum is what WS is lot about. You should look around the Forums.
Well Welcome anyway !

If you'll look again, I was stating that I don't see how what I quoted from her was anyone's business. I was directed to this forum, and this thread, by Anakin's mother. Anakin is my nephew, and I'm well aware of what is and isn't public information. I didn't come here to start an argument, I'm just unsure of what to make of tlcox posting this here to decide how I, personally, feel about it, and to give her a call. I'm allowed to be confused and torn in both directions seeing as both her and I are so very close to this case.

Well Welcome anyway !

Also, considering the nature of the case, I can understand Anakin's mother's concern over the birth of her and Mason's son being thrown out there so unceremoniously. The papers have been kind enough not to make a show of it, because the man being indicted for murder of her first son has just fathered her second. Far be it for me to believe that family would have the same courtesy.

All that should matter is putting whoever killed Anikin behind bars.

When someone beats and kills an innocent child is going to attract alot of of unwanted attention for everyone involved.

Tlcox wasn't attacking anyone. This forum is meant to discuss issues like this.

Its terrible for your family to have to go through something as tragic as this. I just hope for everyone's sake some sort of justice is served and you can all start to rebuild your lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back