TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide the LINK you are quoting

My pleasure. May 17 on the Mindmap timeline:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/gail-palmgren/

... and I would appreciate seeing the LINK you offered to pull up for me earlier as well. You remarked about the alleged phone calls and drive by's AD supposedly made while in Batesville, MS. I would definitely like to see those LINKS please... since you have stated that it was public information. I look forward to reading the articles.:waitasec:

I already posted it for you.

I'm wondering how relevant the missing vs. endangered status is, as far as an investigation is concerned. It seems from my read of the "endangered" description, that the two merge together in some respects, and either way, they are trying to find her. Why is the classification significant?

Coming from a SAR perspective, it's vitally important. If a PD or SO is briefing SAR on a search for a missing person (child OR adult) and there is information specifically pertaining to their physical, emotional, or environmental state that increases their chance of being or becoming ill, injured, irrational, or in danger from an external source- they tell you that.

For example, if you go out on a search for a diabetic who is insulin dependant, you carry insulin with you. If you go out on a search for someone with diagnosed mental instability (including diseases, age, and certain things such as drug and alcohol use), you're usually warned that they may be unpredictable. If they're known to have a weapon, or a weapon is missing along with a person, you're briefed to not approach the individual, but call for LE. If you are LE SAR- all of these situations are still true, with the exception being to not approach if the MP may be a danger to yourself, or others. You're briefed to call for back up.

I don't know...this entire situation seems a mess to me.
What do I do if I, say, see Gails Jeep in Montana, or California, or somewhere. Call SMPD?

Since LE didn't think she had a mental condition, I wonder if they classified her as Missing Endangered because she "disappeared under unexplained or suspicious circumstances"?

Looking at the date of the LEO comment, and the dates of the HCSO press conference, the BOLOs, the ADPS listing, I think LE checked things out, and then classed her as Endangered on May 17.

Almost. :) I know Chattanooga PD sent out some of the BOLOs. I'll have to look up who else sent them out. I just dont' remember right off. There may be something in that video that shows which agency the dispatcher is with.

Sorry to quote myself. Just wanted to put this info all in one place.

Hamilton County BOLOs:

A BOLO (be on the lookout) is issued across Hamilton County for Gail

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/gail-palmgren-news-articles-videos-may-2011/

Lol. Well it looks like I did have Batesville right:

She drove to Batesville and rode by the house where Tammy Helton now lives.

The phone calls:

She got the cellphone and work phone of Tammy Helton, but she only got voice mail when she dialed.

I'm always more than happy to provide links. Always. I gotta slew of 'em, and it's no trouble at all to pull them.

For the above:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/gail-palmgren-news-articles-videos-may-2011/

please provide links for verifying your information...not your blog / timeline page. thank you

Looking at the date of the LEO comment, and the dates of the HCSO press conference, the BOLOs, the ADPS listing, I think LE checked things out, and then classed her as Endangered on May 17.

But now it appears that only the AL Dept of Public Safety has her listed as endangered. :waitasec: HCSO has the case as a criminal investigation, (along with her picture and the picture of her vehicle) and SMPD doesn't have anything to say.

Unless I am still confused (always a good possibility!) this is concerning me and I'm wondering if it points to more interference from outside individuals and/or the media. Who called Alabama and asked them to issue the BOLO? HCSO? SMPD? Someone else?

ETA: BeanE, if I'm reading that article correctly (the one from the Chattanoogan) then it seems that LE/volunteers from AL posted the AL DPS posters with the "Endangered Missing" in the Chattanooga and Signal mnt areas, not TN LE. Is that correct?

I really hate thinking all of these different LE agencies are not on the same page. I hope that's not the case, and instead they have delegated out investigative and search duties as one hand, with many fingers.

ETA again: Ok, I see you were referring to this article regarding the BOLO's

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

Oiy, what a mess to wade through.

Yes, I know- it makes me think it came from a PI or family member; the conflicting reports, as well as the lack of last seen physical description (clothing etc.)

The children probably had something of an idea of what Gail was wearing when she left them at the Signal Mountain home- wouldn't you think?

And why does HCSO not have her listed as endangered?

I think AL got the info from HCSO because of the dates. May 17 HCSO did the big thing with the press conference, and issuing the BOLOs, and all that. May 18 AL DPS issued their info.

It's hard for me to conceive of AL DPS posting an alert and issuing a flyer based on the word of a PI or citizen. LE just doesn't work that way.

HCSO sent out BOLOs, which I assume would be the same ones, and may be the ones being played, in the video.

HCSO has no classification and no status on their web page for Gail. I don't know why. I'm used to seeing both, like ADPS has, and NCMEC, and all the agencies.

ETA: BeanE, if I'm reading that article correctly (the one from the Chattanoogan) then it seems that LE/volunteers from AL posted the AL DPS posters with the "Endangered Missing" in the Chattanooga and Signal mnt areas, not TN LE. Is that correct?

Oriah, if you look at the URL for the AL DPS poster, you'll see it's on the official government site for AL DPS. I don't think private citizens hacked the ADPS site and put the poster on there.

I really hate thinking all of these different LE agencies are not on the same page. I hope that's not the case, and instead they have delegated out investigative and search duties as one hand, with many fingers.

I think they are all on the same page. There are news articles talking about how TN and AL are working together on this, including video and quotes from LEOs.

I don't see how any private citizen could perpetrate a hoax that huge, without any of the LE agencies involved noticing.

I think AL got the info from HCSO because of the dates. May 17 HCSO did the big thing with the press conference, and issuing the BOLOs, and all that. May 18 AL DPS issued their info.

It's hard for me to conceive of AL DPS posting an alert and issuing a flyer based on the word of a PI or citizen. LE just doesn't work that way.

HCSO sent out BOLOs, which I assume would be the same ones, and may be the ones being played, in the video.

HCSO has no classification and no status on their web page for Gail. I don't know why. I'm used to seeing both, like ADPS has, and NCMEC, and all the agencies.

Oh no- you misunderstood Bean. I was referring to Namus in that post, in response to your post about THAT info not needing to come from LE. Sorry for the confusion.

HCSO's webpage just calls Gail's case a 'missing person investigation' and then refers anyone with info to their Criminal Investigations Dept.

http://www.hcsheriff.gov/

Certainly makes it confusing.

This is about Gail please-put each other on ignore or alert the post if you are offended. Let's move on. If links provided are not satisfactory, again please move on.

Oriah, if you look at the URL for the AL DPS poster, you'll see it's on the official government site for AL DPS. I don't think private citizens hacked the ADPS site and put the poster on there.

I think they are all on the same page. There are news articles talking about how TN and AL are working together on this, including video and quotes from LEOs.

I don't see how any private citizen could perpetrate a hoax that huge, without any of the LE agencies involved noticing.

Oh no, no- you are misunderstanding, lol. I am doing an unbelievably bad job at trying to clarify what I am wondering about, lol!

I don't think there is any hoax or any hacking or anything like that at all!

I simply don't understand why one state would have different info than another.
For example- if the latest search of the properties yielded evidence in AL but not TN...then would lead LE change also? Or would AL just open another investigation. Ditto for evidence found in any other state, such as Mississippi.
Or would the TBI in conjunction with the FBI (if the evidence was of the nature of something federally investigated) then again become lead?

That's my experience in these sorts of complicated cases involving criminal investigation and multiple states. But obviously it differs everywhere.

Oh no, no- you are misunderstanding, lol. I am doing an unbelievably bad job at trying to clarify what I am wondering about, lol!

I don't think there is any hoax or any hacking or anything like that at all!

I simply don't understand why one state would have different info than another.
For example- if the latest search of the properties yielded evidence in AL but not TN...then would lead LE change also? Or would AL just open another investigation. Ditto for evidence found in any other state, such as Mississippi.
Or would the TBI in conjunction with the FBI (if the evidence was of the nature of something federally investigated) then again become lead?

That's my experience in these sorts of complicated cases involving criminal investigation and multiple states. But obviously it differs everywhere.

Ah okay Oriah lol.

That's a good question about evidence in AL. I know some cases have multiple jurisdictions because of evidence or because 1 crime took place in one location and another related crime in another.

I'm trying to remember how that was resolved in Gabe's case. She's in AZ for the kidnapping, child abuse, etc, but if they bring homicide charges, they're sending her to TX for those.

I'm trying to remember Shaniya too. There were 2 counties there IIRC. The hotel where he raped her was one county, and then her body was found in a different county. Something along those lines. So you have evidence in 2 locations.

Venus Stewart was another - 2 different states. And I've gone blank on how they resolved that one. He was tried in the state where she lived instead of the one where he lived.

I don't really know how they come to those decisions.

Oh no- you misunderstood Bean. I was referring to Namus in that post, in response to your post about THAT info not needing to come from LE. Sorry for the confusion.

HCSO's webpage just calls Gail's case a 'missing person investigation' and then refers anyone with info to their Criminal Investigations Dept.

http://www.hcsheriff.gov/

Certainly makes it confusing.

Oh God, I think we have too many acronyms flying around, Oriah! lol

Oh God, I think we have too many acronyms flying around, Oriah! lol

Lol, I agree! And when threads move quickly and we're all responding to different posts it makes it even harder to keep up with every one!

What it boils down to, for me- is who the heck is in charge here, and what do I do if I'm on vacation in Canada and stumble across a Goofy trailer hitch?! YIKES!

Lol, I agree! And when threads move quickly and we're all responding to different posts it makes it even harder to keep up with every one!

What it boils down to, for me- is who the heck is in charge here, and what do I do if I'm on vacation in Canada and stumble across a Goofy trailer hitch?! YIKES!

I just leafed through some of the news articles. Some say call SMPD and some say call HCSO.

I think I'd just call 911 and let them figure it out. :floorlaugh:

I'm trying to find this. Was it in the interview or in a media article?

Surely we aren't talking about the lawyer who spoke so eloquently as quoted by Lee Davis in the Chattanoogan article:
]

That was what I thought they meant. I wonder if this was just AD talking, or is there some MSM to back it up. Also, I don't know much about attorneys working in multiple states, but would it make sense for an attorney in AL to represent Matt, a TN resident against BCBS also located in TN. Just wondering.

Well, I listened to the SBB interview #2 and had a couple of questions...how should anyone know what exactly was in the jeep when Gail went missing? It was noted that AD's computer bag was in the jeep, but how would anyone know whether or not she took it in when she dropped the kids off on the last day she was seen? We were told a long time ago that her license and cards were found in the home, but I'm not sure that that means those were the ONLY items found in the home...there are many details we are not privy to, I would imagine.

There was also that business that the only way Matt would have a boat key is if he did see Gail that day. Not sure if that is accurate as it is easy and inexpensive to put a new switch on a boat if the key is lost from what I am told.

I do have to say I think it is a definite possibility that MP had something to do with Gail's disappearence, however there are so many complicating factors - the waters are very muddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73