IF the DEATH PENALTY wasn't on the table would the the Anthonys still try to save her

If the DEATH PENALTY wasn't on the table would the Anthonys still try to save ICA?

• Yes "absolutely"

Votes: 269 73.5%
  • No not a chance

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 66 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They would try to save her without a doubt.

1. I think Cindy's biggest regret is calling 911 in the first place, any guilt she feels is over this.
2. I believe they are such an arrogant family that they think they are not accountable to anyone but "their own family" and any wrong doing that anyone of them might perpatrate should be delt in house, society should butt out.
3. I believe they think of each other as property to be controlled and munipulated in what ever manner they choose. Therefore it is up to them and them only to decide and handle anything they deem necessary about this "Casey" situation. Everyone else should butt the he!! out. They are above us. I saw this attitude time and time again in the first few months. How dare we not jump to do things as they propose they be done.

Therefore I believe they would lie regardless as the courts have no buisness handeling something their child may or may not have done. That's Cindy's job to decide.

Snap !

and yes, if Cindy could go back in time and change anything, I believe she'd elect to delete from Life's Record her 911 call

I have heard the TH's say that Death is different..true, however, is it different for the A's or is this just how the A's would react no matter what the charges were?

CA's behavior has been excused by MANY because "it's understandable, she's trying to save her daughters life."

Knowing what I know from the last 3 years, I am calling BS on that but am curious if others feel the same?

Just yesterday, after Cindy had been on the witness stand, I posted in the sidebar thread that Cindy wasn't trying to save her daughter from the death penalty. She doesn't want Casey to be punished at all and is trying to have Casey acquitted.

It would all be up to Cindy so yes, absolutely. George and Lee just do as they're told.

I'm going to be different. So hold your fire till I am done. Ok?

I believe that if the DP wasn't on the table, they might fight some. But they wouldn't go to this extreme. Probably they would have just satisfied themselves with an impact statement where they might have pleaded for her to get parole someday, but I think they would have been truthful.

I agree with you on this. Yes, the Anthony family has behaved deplorably in this case, but the DP was on the table early on, then off, then on again, so that has to have cast a long shadow on their family. I said this on the poll thread also, but will repeat it here. If my daughter, my only child, was looking at the DP for killing my much loved and only grandchild, it would tear me up inside in ways I cannot even put into words, it would drive a huge wedge beween my daughter and me, but when push came to shove, I would do whatever it took to spare her the death penalty, including incapacitating myself to avoid testifying. So while I abhor what they are doing on the stand when they tell those ridiculous, transparent lies, there is also a part of me that understands what they are doing. I also look at it this way: Caylee is gone, and there is nothing that they can do that will bring her back. But they still have KC, albeit in a much different way, but she is still alive. We don't love her; in fact, she is probably the most hated woman in America right now, much as Susan Smith was back in the 90s. But she is loved still by her brother and parents, and I understand that this is killing them to give testimony that can lead her to Death Row. And I do understand what they are doing, and why.

I don't like it, but I understand it.

I keep thinking back to when CA found out that KC had stole from her GMA. She gave her the money back and wanted to handle it herself. I think CA wants to be the one to punish KC because she is "her" daughter, hers as a possession, something she owns. She has to have control. I think it drives her crazy that someone else has control of "her" child.
Of course, if she did have control there wouldn't be any punishment because KC would tell another story and CA would believe whatever nonsense came out of her mouth and CA would pat her on the head and say "There, there sweetheart. Just don't kill anyone again".

Yes. I think so. I think a part of them still believes Zenaida is responsible. They probably don't want to face the fact that their daughter is a lying stealing scheming evil murderer.

After logging-off last time, I remembered something -- CA initially phoned the police asking them to arrest her daughter for theft

I didn't give CA credit for that, in fact, I forgot about it when I posted before

Anyway, remembering that has altered my original stance in this thread, because by phoning the police and asking them to arrest KC for theft, CA showed that she is prepared to hand responsibility for her daughter's offences to the authorities and is prepared to see KC be held accountable under law

Just speculation here, but perhaps if CA had been aware from the outset that Caylee was dead and had been for the previous 31/32 days, CA may well have surrendered her daughter to the authorities and provided them all information at her disposal. Her daughter told CA that Caylee had been kidnapped, however. So CA's mind was focused on recovering Caylee, rather than realising KC may be responsible

We saw how prepared CA was to hand KC to the police in the matter of theft. How much more prepared would she have been if she'd known from the outset that Caylee had been dead for the past month ?

Anyway, I've altered my stance regarding CA, and I'm glad -- because I can see CA now as a woman who wasn't prepared to tolerate a thief, even if that thief was her own daughter, and in calling the police to her daughter, CA showed courage and integrity. Yes, maybe she took years before she acted, but act she did in the end -- ' I want you to come and arrest my daughter for theft ' or words to that effect

On that basis, I'm now able to respond to the OP's question ' If the death penalty wasn't on the table, would the Anthonys still try to save her '. My opinion now is, ' no, they would not '

I'm feeling very sorry for CA now, and for others in the family. I wouldn't want to be walking in their shoes

I can't say for sure what GA or LA would do, but as for CA -- you bet your life she would, because this is and never has been about Casey. This is all about Cindy. She is a narcissist and would never allow others to control any aspect of her life. This is all about CA coming into court to show everybody that she's in charge and she makes the rules. All you have to do is watch the tapes from Thursday's testimony, when she was smirking and literally giggling at LDB as she "showed her."

Everything -- from the overly tight, age-inappropriate purple dress to the head shaking, word-mangling teenaged syntax she evinces speaks to look at me. ICA didn't fall far from the tree. But don't you think for one minute that either of them is going to shed a tear for the other. These are two narcissists, each in it for themselves.

:cow:

They do deserve each other, don't they? :great:

I'd like to see Dr Glass' analysis of CA's walk up to the witness stand yesterday. Strutting would probably describe it better. You could see what was coming just from the way she walked.
I too thought her dress was more suitable for beach wear than for a 53yr old woman in Court on a murder trial, but far be it from CA to do anything appropriate.

I don't believe it would make any difference. It's obvious by what is being said in the courtroom, under oath, that at least her mother wants an acquittal.MOO

They may not want her to die, but I noticed they didn't switch sides until it was pretty obvious the state had a great chance of keeping her in prison forever. Frankly, I'd think they'd be more scared at one point that she would be acquitted. Those "household weapons" of mass destruction and "neck breaking" searches weren't done to learn how to kill a toddler. I guess this way they can sleep at night. With both eyes closed.

While we all know that I want to see KC spend every day for the rest of her life in prison, I think that the most appropriate punishment for CA for what she has done would be to have KC right back at home, stealing, lying, looking up information online on how to kill her and GA to get the house. Be careful what you wish for CA...

I voted Absolutely!

ETA: Did I mention that all sympathy for her is now gone and that I will save all future tears for Caylee??

If big IF, ICA somehow, magically gets acquitted (will NOT happen ) where will she live? Will a jury send her back home to that 'house of horrors'? Will GA continue to live at that home? Is this a way of getting GA out of the home, without splitting the house with him? Is money driving this train?

Or maybe Baez will hire ICA as his live in 'nanny'?

My sympathy has always been for Caylee and the dispicable, horrenous, heinous way she was disgarded.

I do believe CA would fight regardless of what charges ICA faced. CA sends mixed messages and I believe she might be very confused but should be thinking, I don't know my daughter as I thought I did...what did I miss? CA and ICA are cut from the same cloth...she raised this monster and must live now with the fact of she raised a criminal...I still want to know what it is that CA saw in ICA to tell some of ICA's friends that she's a pathological liar and a sociopath??? What did she see???

All this nonsense that ICA was a good mother to Caylee, is not the truth or Caylee would have been ICA's priority and she wasn't. She wouldn't allow Caylee to sleep in the same bed she shared with her boyfriend du jour...She wouldn't use drugs to put Caylee to sleep so she can party. She just grew tired of the parental incubrances she never wanted to embrace in the first place. Caylee wasn't a wanted pregnancy and after she and JG broke the engagement, it appears ICA changed..Living with her mother with her child, she (ICA) was deduced to 'sibling' status and it went all down hill from there...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Im torn bacause they intervened and miscarried justice before the DP was on the table.
BUt also, I think they kind of like the peace they have now that Casey is nt dispupting their daily life. ALso their eyes are more open. At this point I think they would have have been ok with 20 years in protected custody. They know she's safe, and they have peace. I think that's why they are fighting so hard to fight the premed. that's how I feel it kinda is BUT.....the Anthon'y are so kooky and hate to be "wrong" there are times I think the Anthony's would lie to cover Casey for a parking ticket

Like many, over the years now, I have felt sympathy for the Anthony's, Cindy, George, and Lee to varying degrees at times. But since Cindy's start of testimony this week, I find it , once again, hard to think of her as a sympathetic character. When she looks at the prosecution, at times I felt as if she were toying with them. She seems at times to smirk at them. A look that conveys , at least to me, a feeling that they (the prosecution) are not quite as intelligent as she. It gave me a chill. Am I just really way off here? And it is so easy to see where Casey's talent for "stretching the truth until it screams" comes from.

It would all be up to Cindy so yes, absolutely. George and Lee just do as they're told.

IMO, former cop George has a strong sense of justice. But even the hardest rock can be eroded away in time. Can you imagine the life he led with Cindy and Casey? The man must feel like he's in h*ll.

I voted "no, not a chance" and now I wish I would not have. I used pure emotion and no logic whatsoever.

I spent the morning reading all the documents WFTV has posted. I was shocked, really, to read the email sent to Brad Conway from Nejame to give to CA. He basically told her to stop putting false info out, to stop protecting ICA. It really opened my eyes.

Then I read CA's letters to ICA. Another eye opener for me. She basically has forgiven ICA and does not hold it against her. That was a Wow moment for me. It really should not have surprised me, considering her testimony in the witness stand.

I really admire all the posters who have followed this case for the last three years. Their posts and insight are spot on.

No question in my mind that alpha female Cindy wants nothing less than an acquittal for ICA. She's pulling the strings and will do and say anything to make that happen. And George and Lee are pawns in her little game of wills. All those notes she's been taking, sitting there in the back row? A plan of attack on the State's case. When in doubt: Lie. You cannot put "truth" and "the Anthony family" in the same sentence; they simply do not jibe.

I mean, I grew up in a house of horrors, with psychological abuse, alcoholism, mental illness and drug use, and these people put my upbringing to shame. With the Anthonys, it's all Martha Stewart on the outside and the Addams Family on the inside! They are surreal. At least my parents were blatant about being screwed up! (And yes, I escaped from it as soon as I was of age.)

Let's say ICA ends up being charged with manslaughter, a slap on the wrist considering what she's done. What if she ends up getting out with time served? (Won't happen ... I'm just speculating here.) Does the rest of the Anthony family think Casey will be grateful for their effort and their lies to save her butt? Hahahaha! Hilarious. She will be the biggest ingrate on the planet. Now that's she been a "media star," she will blow them completely off.

But I still have faith the State will pull this off and the jury will see the truth, and ICA will be hauled off in an orange jumpsuit, never to see life again as a free woman.

:twocents:

LiveLaughLuv;6760014

All this nonsense that ICA was a good mother to Caylee, is not the truth or Caylee would have been ICA's priority and she wasn't. She wouldn't allow Caylee to sleep in the same bed she shared with her boyfriend du jour...She wouldn't use drugs to put Caylee to sleep so she can party. She just grew tired of the parental incubrances she never wanted to embrace in the first place. Caylee wasn't a wanted pregnancy and after she and JG broke the engagement, it appears ICA changed..Living with her mother with her child, she (ICA) was deduced to 'sibling' status and it went all down hill from there...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

snipped for space and addressing purposes..

I think it's "funny" that they call her a good mother. IMO, a good mother provides for their children not limited to but including, food, shelter, clothing, health care etc. CA and GA did ALL the providing for Caylee. Caylee was ICA's burden.

(I think in ICA's mind) Caylee caused ICA to have to drag her around with her..ugh..she had to pretend to G.A.S about Caylee in front of people to keep up appearances. She pretended to provide for Caylee in front of them, they all thought she worked, they all thought she took care of Caylee.....NOT true at all.

If ICA were to be acquitted I don't think anyone has any say where she goes or who she lives with.

No question in my mind that alpha female Cindy wants nothing less than an acquittal for ICA. She's pulling the strings and will do and say anything to make that happen. And George and Lee are pawns in her little game of wills.

George must be torn between retaining his personal integrity and keeping the peace. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the family home for good after the trial, whatever the verdict.

I hope CA realizes if Casey is released within 5 years she will not be grateful to her family. She will pursue all tabloid media and become the next Lindsay Lohan in the tabloids while sticking her middle finger up at CA every chance she gets. She is a user, secretly hates her mother and wont appreciate a darn thing anyone tried to do for her. She will instead taunt CA with the WRONG things she said and hold it over her head for all eternity.

I have heard the TH's say that Death is different..true, however, is it different for the A's or is this just how the A's would react no matter what the charges were?

CA's behavior has been excused by MANY because "it's understandable, she's trying to save her daughters life."

Knowing what I know from the last 3 years, I am calling BS on that but am curious if others feel the same?

I call BS too. In my opinion, the A's, especially CA, think the world revolves around them, they will do what they want to, and anybody who doesn't like it can go to h e l l.

Cindy and Casey have some very sick headgames going on. The entire family has their little secrets and games all tangled up with each other. I believe Cindy called the police on Casey and I'm sure she's turned the table once or twice. I do believe Casey was afraid of Cindy in the physical sense, and Cindy was afraid of Casey's behavior in general. I believe the car and Caylee were pawns in all of this.
Lee also probably has issues. I believe Casey was the ''squeeky wheel that got the oil''

She had a graduation party with no effort made to graduate.
She had a baby and everyone covered it up until it was too obvious to hide anymore.
She rode around and slept all day and partied all night, with no repercussions for years.

I believe that Lee loves Casey, they were probably buddies growing up, but there are a lot of jealousy and resentment issues between them. He probably had to work very hard for everything he got, while she just floats through life mooching on everyone.

Casey most likely played George and Cindy against each other a LOT, and it got easier once she had Caylee. Cindy probably let the threat of leaving Casey to the wolves slip from her lips constantly but when it came down the wire, was Casey's savior at the last minute.

Which leads me to believe that this is no different. I truly believe that while Cindy had no problem calling 911 when she wanted to push Casey for answers, now that she has them and they aren't what she wanted, she will once again try to rewrite history, like with the non graduation and the 'female issues' that turned out to be Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back