2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried....just annoyed.

strumming fingers on my laptop.........

ICA is writing like a maniac and has a mean look on her face. Handed note to someone (CM?) and he went back in chambers with it.

Isn't this SICKENING, that she gets all this attention from all these High-Profile legal brains, fighting for her?? What did Caylee get? AND why hasn't there been a Blown-Up picture of Caylee in the Court room...

Defendants facing the Death Penalty often have excellent, experienced attorneys represent them. This applies whether they are accused of murdering their own child, raping and murdering a child, killing a spouse for financial gain, slowly torturing someone to death in a cruel and heinous manner, etc. Only too right given that they are facing the Death Penalty. In my view, a person should have experienced defense attorneys represent them if they are facing ANY serious charge.

As to having a blow-up picture of Caylee in the court room, it is not relevant to any material factual issue. All it would do is inflame the jury. That is very plainly and simply an unfair to conduct a trial and convict a defendant.

aaww c'mon - we're now a half hour late!

This is excruciating!!

Does anybody know if Gerald R. is in the gallery. I'm sure if it was to ba a mistrial, Baez would want him to be there to see his glory.

They are saying she is reading, not texting...some court docs...

I haven't caught up yet this morning, but has it been mentioned. Why is she allowed to text? I never noticed as much as i have this morning? Shr has been going nuts this morning with it in her lap.

She wasn't texting...she was reading a brief but it LOOKED like she was texting.

Why can't the press or media get a copy of this note that they are all staring at??? I thought it was to be public.... That note is driving me crazy. I wonder if this motion has anything to do with Lee talking to the defense team last week???

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html

Casey Defense Files New Motion For Mistrial

Motion Cites South Florida Judge's Ruling
POSTED: 9:07 am EDT June 27, 2011
UPDATED: 9:13 am EDT June 27, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony defense attorney Ann Finnel filed a motion for mistrial Monday morning based on a recent opinion from a Florida judge.

The motion asked that a new jury be seated in the case that is not death penalty qualified.

A judge in Miami ruled one week ago that a man's death sentence for a 1991 murder, and Florida's Capital Sentencing Statute, violate a Supreme Court ruling and the Sixth Amendment....

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html#ixzz1QTzyl3sV

It'd be mighty hard to seat a jury anywhere in FL now - after all the extra coverage since the trial started. :(

Oh come on! I'm on pins and needles here and the boss is due in any moment!

I KNOW! Monday morning here and lots going on at work. I'm trying to convince everybody I'm listening to dictation or something with this earbud stuck in my ear.

In honor of the revolving door of HHJP's office door this morning, I am having poptarts for breakfast.

Think Baez has lost his "lead" attorney spot. Others on the DT are over his blatant "mistakes". The trial WILL go on. AF is there to support CM

Get something to eat! You don't want to go into early labor and miss the rest of the trial.

I've been praying I can keep this baby in me until I hear a guilty verdict! Hoping so, but at this rate......zzzzzzzzzzz. Doubt it. 5 more minutes and I am headed to the kitchen. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86