2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time swallowing Velveeta and human decomp are indeed made of similar smelly stuff.

:floorlaugh:

I'm with you on that. Now I understand it when they say: You are what you eat.
This has helped a lot. Now I understand what ICA's problem has been over the last several days. It's the B.O.L.O.G.N.A. sandwiches. :doh:

Bill Shaeffer commented on AF's presence in the court room today. He's surprised to see her in the guilt phase as she's always reserved for the penalty phase, which is her expertise - mitigation. He said she may be over-exposed if a participant in the guilt phase too, and the jury is going to wonder why all of a sudden at this late in the trial there's a new attorney. Although they'll remember AF from jury selection, they will also remember that her questions at that time were aimed at the death penalty.

I remember the issues in the Scott Peterson trial, when Mark Garagos had to argue for his innocence by saying Scott was a 24 carat azz, then argue for his life by saying he's actually a good guy.

I wonder if this is something similar. Baez gets to say ICA is all kinds of inappropriate and dysfunctional, tehn someone else comes in to say she should be treated gently so she can live.

No one has yet testified that can prove these calls were made. (i.e. Kronk himself, someone who actually took the call, etc.) They are not yet in evidence. Until they are, a witness can not be asked about them.

Someone "knowing about them" is not the same as entering them into evidence. Hence, the "Objection - assumes facts not in evidence" or "objection - Hearsay".

IMO

Did he call 911 at that time?
I am just thinking if it comes out, it looks like the state did not want it to...JMO

That would certainly explain the 1500 empty velveeta boxes found in the trash. ;)

(Okay, maybe only 4, but who eats even THAT much velveeta in a week?)
Maybe it was what zanny wanted for payment.

The latest tweet from InSession ... 12 min ago ... "Court is in lunch recess. The jury will return at 1:45, as there is a matter the attorneys must discuss at 1:30 #CaseyAnthony"

ANOTHER matter? What this time? The possibility of alien intervention??

info - one of the reasons for Mental Competency Evaluations:

http://drswerdlow-freed.com/forensicarticle9.html
Competency to Stand Trial - by Daniel H. Swerdlow-Freed, Ph.D.
Defense counsel must remain cognizant of the possibility that a defendant's mental state might deteriorate during the course of a trial because of the stress involved, and that the defendant might not be able to tolerate cross-examination without being overwhelmed.

Mike Brooks saying something had to have happened that caused the DT to file the competency motion in "good faith". We have seen her following along all this time. She had to have said something that caused them to think she was not in "reality". Then again, she could have been manipulating!

I bet Casey feels like she is in charge of this orchestra...bet she feels like a conductor...I bet CM is getting tired of blowing thru that flute and now found that whistle of his in his pocket...JMHO

The jurors can't have missed the fact that Yuri was very busy checking out Zanny, her family, and all the other imaginary people ICA said might be involved in Caylee's diappearance. The more Zanny is mentioned, the more it points to ICA trying to thwart finding her daughter, IMO.

That's exactly what I was thinking when JB was harping on YM, Bloise and the other witnesses about things that they did as par for the course in their investigation. So you summoned the phone records of such and such people, so when did you disclose the email you got from this and this person, so you drew a sketch of this car, so your dog sniffed that car, so it's your job to investigate even the minutiae of a scene... All these people went to a boat load of trouble that was all completely unnecessary had the defendant just called 911 when her daughter accidentally drowned...

WFTV Cam 2 keeps showing YM over and over walking into the courtroom from the hallway! :giggle:

I do believe she is mentally ill, but I also think she is fully in control of her actions. Being a sociopath doesn't make you incompetent IMHO.

The latest tweet from InSession ... 12 min ago ... "Court is in lunch recess. The jury will return at 1:45, as there is a matter the attorneys must discuss at 1:30 #CaseyAnthony"

ANOTHER matter? What this time? The possibility of alien intervention??

I saw where there was juror that had an appointment.

Did he call 911 at that time?
I am just thinking if it comes out, it looks like the state did not want it to...JMO

In a trial, the SAO only presents what evidence necessary to support the case against the Defendant. The Defense Team (or DT) can subpoena and submit as evidence any cell phone records they want. The fact that they have not, tells more about Kronk's innocence in the matter than anything else. The SAO would have no need to enter the cell phone records into evidence because they are irrelevant to the case against ICA. The SAO has more than enough evidence against ICA and doesn't need to "muddy the waters" so to speak. If the DT had any belief that Kronk was really the one who moved the body, assisted in the coverup, etc., they would have entered the records themselves to help clear their client. They have not. They will continue to try to use a defense of smoke and mirrors to get ICA acquitted, but the jury has to buy it. Unlikely, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88