2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read in a magazine(allyou) this week-end that "Duct Tape" works well with Wart away.

Just in case any one wanted to know.

I have my fingers, legs and all other apendages crossed that she does take the stand.

I can't call it. Dunno. But I sure hope she does.

JMHO

I bet she will too...that is...if there is a stipulation that says no cross examination by state...JMHO

I am not suspcious of him...but I can't help thinking the jury has to be wondering what the H the August business is about and hoping they will find out, as it would bug me like crazy if I was a juror and only heard what has come out so far...many allusions to August but the state keeps objecting...

The jury may be curious as to what the DT is alluding to, but imo they will know there is nothing there if he never is called to testify. If he is, they will be able to determine for themselves. Jmo, and all that jazz.:crazy:

so Casey's famiy of legal experts , think she's insane on the membrane...lol...

Eehh, regarding suicide...I hope the State will not have to incur ADDITIONAL expense for prison attendants desgnated to observe her one-on-one for suicide. Just in case, (and all it would take is a sharp pair of shears and a strong prison matron), let's lop off the long hair so she won't wind it around her neck.

Kathi Belich, WFTV

Defense motion about Casey's competency is in our hands.. Getting it to our website as I write!

1 hour ago

ETA: Here's the Motion http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28368878/detail.html

imo the only thing that would have precipitated this is her insistence on testifying. and she will be ripped to shreds if she does. i cannot for one minute believe that any jury would be taken in by this person at this stage of the game, and the prosecution has so, so much to fling at her. hm.

Coming in late in the game....I apologize. Is trial over for today?

What is mostly asked by Forensic Psychologists is:

What is todays date?
What is your Name
What is the Judges job?
What does the jury do?
What does your lawyer do?
What does the prosecution do?

She would have been read her charges asked if she understood them.

Told her what her penalty would be for those charges,

And some random questions about how she feels about the trail.

They don't really have her lie down on a couch and have her tell her whole life story.

They were looking for competence, not insanity too late for that rodeo....

I'm reading a book right now that talks about forensic psychiatric evals and how the gen. public (which included me) is under the misconception that it's just like on TV where you see the forensic psych interview the subject and that FP is part of the investigative team.

This book talks about the tests that are used to eval defendents. Interviewing really doesn't come into play as far as the crime is concerned but rather the subject's psych history, test results..etc.

Really interesting and new to me.

JMHO

JMO, but I think if she does it is a HUGE mistake. When LDB/JA get hold of her, she'll wish she'd just stuck her head in a juicer. There is absolutely no way this person can testify. I feel the jury knows she is a pathological liar and wouldn't believe a word she said. Imagine with her on the stand and JB doing his direct. :banghead:

Yeah I don't think she can just answer a question ... she will have to ramble on and on. Bad news BUT I still hope she takes the stand.

Wonder if ICA blew up over why her team wasn't asking specific questions or bringing in certain people and insisting the team do it her way so she could walk. Perhaps CM tried to explain to her that her situation is very grave and there is no way she will walk but will spend at least some time in prison or else the rest of her life or the DP - and then she really lost it she got so mad.

CM would consider that incompetent if he's tried to convince her of the penalties that await her and she won't listen to him or anyone. We see her in court constantly poking the attorney's sitting next to her and pointing out things or handing them urgent notes - maybe indicates she refuses to understand the process.
But I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not she is sane or not.

I do not consider sociopaths exactly sane...but competent to stand trial..yep.

Oh, remember Sat AM, both Cindy & George looked rather teary?

Wondering if they were briefed a bit as to what the DT was up to, and specifically why? :waitasec:

My guess is that the dt has told her that she is going to have to testify otherwise there will be no evidence to support the dt opening statement as the judge is precluding the majority of the bs the dt wanted to bring in & she is having a meltdown over it. She's probably pissed too because JB added a bunch of his own bs to the opening statement i.e. penis in mouth comment.

CFNews13Casey

Time for lunch . A juror has an appointment. They will be back at 1:45. Attorneys will be back at 1:30 #CaseyAnthony -jfell
4 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

Ohhhhh, so a juror has an appointment. Hope it's not for a "psyche evaluation". lol

(J/K ... no offense to any jurors but some may feel they need one after going thru all this "BS")

or perhaps it's with Simon & Schuster or Random House?

I think her taking the stand is what this has been about since Saturday morning.

♫ When you wish upon a star..... ♫

JAHappy.jpg

I think I'm gonna make a wall poster of this picture! I love it tooooooo much!

I think either she told them they were not to call her Parents or Lee again or she want's to testify herself.... in both cases it would be bad for her defence
or she might of said if that Judge rules against us one more time I will throw something at him.

If anyone is interested in reading the book I've talked about (had to go upstairs and fetch it :))

It's called The Measure of Madness by Cheryl Paradis. I'm only beginning chapter 4 but it's easy to read and interesting so far.

Well, I feel a little better about being stood up on Saturday knowing KC had hours upon hours of Psych evals. Not too pleasant-- or, they're not supposed to be, she may have flirted and basked in the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021