2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As LDB has so eloquently put it - When boxed into a corner, Casey makes up new bigger and bolder lies. I wouldn't be surprised if she did it again, causing the DT to think she was incompetent. :dunno:

so...I obviously haven't paid enough attention to the key players of the DT...I have thought all along that the short grey haired person sitting next to ICA was a man...oops! Sorry Ann Finnel...:innocent:

Bill S says they never had to divulge anything during attorney client privilege and all they had to do was ask and it would be given

He thinks timing is very odd so something tipped it off

I think that the detective apparently had no reason to investigate others as he did ICA. She was the only suspect due to all the factors telling lies, the smell in car, not reporting for 31 days.

How was the detective to suspect GA or LA or CA in anything other than cooperation with every part of the investigation.
If somewhere along the way GA didnt want to turn over.. what gps in his car etc.. so what by that time he was probally advised not to turn over that type of stuff and let it be done the legal way so there is no tampering.

I think the investigators did the investigation on whom it needed to be focused on. I think they looked over other persons also.

I wonder if they ever ask her to take a poly.

Particularly since she wrote in her testimony that she was the last person to see her child when she dropped her off on the steps of the Nanny. I believe she has not changed that testimony to date.

Sure Baez went sideways in his OS, but ICA's own statement is the same one she wrote on July 16th.

What is mostly asked by Forensic Psychologists is:

What is todays date?
What is your Name
What is the Judges job?
What does the jury do?
What does your lawyer do?
What does the prosecution do?

She would have been read her charges asked if she understood them.

Told her what her penalty would be for those charges,

And some random questions about how she feels about the trail.

They don't really have her lie down on a couch and have her tell her whole life story.

They were looking for competence, not insanity too late for that rodeo....

Thank you for this info. I was curious.

Now can we deduce from the above questions that CM had reason to believe that she did not understand some of the above issues?

For example, if she says she wants to testify and they explain rationally why that is not a good idea legally, and she doesn't understand, then can that trigger it?

i hope she gets on the stand! i am dying to hear what she says.

I really feel for the jurors - for many reasons, actually. Not the least of which is having to be subjected to JB's questioning. But I'm speaking specifically about them being sequestered and away from their homes and loves ones. BUT, I'm so glad they are. If any of them accidentally heard any of these talking heads babbling on relentlessly about ICA's competency, it might be disastrous.

And speaking of JB's questioning. Gad, I've never seen a more disjointed presentation of a case in my life. He's all over the place. Jumping from topic to topic - witness to witness. With no continuity what so ever. It's mind numbing.

As LDB has so eloquently put it - When boxed into a corner, Casey makes up new bigger and bolder lies. I wouldn't be surprised if she did it again, causing the DT to think she was incompetent. :dunno:

Has she been talking to her cellmates again? Hey gals, the drowning/grandfather story was a bust, got anything else I can float out there?
That sort of thing you mean?

She might have a mental illness but she's not legally insane and we now know she's competent (she's been eval'ed twice that we know of)

Psychopathy is not a mental illness. It's a disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental illness.

Same as borderline, narcissism ....these are disorders.

people like ICA tend to pit other people against each other and I think she has done this between CM and JB

so...I obviously haven't paid enough attention to the key players of the DT...I have thought all along that the short grey haired person sitting next to ICA was a man...oops! Sorry Ann Finnel...:innocent:

Don't feel bad everyone that had never seen her ask the same thing.
Who is that man up there.
I would have too except she is from my area so I had already seen her during the brent butler case.

Emma I go back and forth on if her lies are real to her. I ask myself does she really believe her lies are the truth or is she convinced and confident that she can make anyone believe her lies.

I just can't come to a conclusion on that one. I keep going back and forth with it. JMHO

yeah.

So does she.

(And I do understand how you feel too. Not making excuses - it's just the way she's emotionally built - for self-protection. :cow: She doesn't trouble herself with the concept of truth.)

Mason probably. Not Baez.. He knows Casey.

Has she been talking to her cellmates again? Hey gals, the drowning/grandfather story was a bust, got anything else I can float out there?
That sort of thing you mean?

:yes: Or some new version of abuse. Who knows at this point?! It's so crazy! :crazy:

i see your not a chemist, i will have to point that out the the jury.:banghead:

Be sure to also let them know that this isn't my first rodeo. And I did not wrap my pigs in a blanket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86