2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this info. I was curious.

Now can we deduce from the above questions that CM had reason to believe that she did not understand some of the above issues?

For example, if she says she wants to testify and they explain rationally why that is not a good idea legally, and she doesn't understand, then can that trigger it?

I wonder if she lied about every one of these questions

Emma I go back and forth on if her lies are real to her. I ask myself does she really believe her lies are the truth or is she convinced and confident that she can make anyone believe her lies. I just can't come to a conclusion on that one. I keep going back and forth with it. JMHO

I'm going with an EGO run amok that has her convinced everyone will believe her no matter what she says or does...JMHO

Is trial recessed for the day or is it resuming at 1:30?

She has manipulated this trial from the get go...sick...now this...She has to feel powerful in some way and get attention...

Emma I go back and forth on if her lies are real to her. I ask myself does she really believe her lies are the truth or is she convinced and confident that she can make anyone believe her lies.

I just can't come to a conclusion on that one. I keep going back and forth with it. JMHO

Both, in a way. She completely believes that she can successfully lie to anyone, at any time, about anything! Also, as she lies, she knows they are lies at the beginning but after living the lies, it becomes her reality. She believes her own lies, I am certain.

Aqua

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/22/134768746/Psychiatrists-To-Decide-If-Loughners-Fit-For-Trial

Interesting read for those unfamiliar with competency.

(This article reiterates something I learned recently. The eval isn't a traditional patient/doctor relationship. So what is said doesn't fall under the confidentiality that we see in that relationship. Meaning, the crime isn't really discussed because the details would have to go into the eval report. Perry did seal these though)

I think there's a battle going on between Baez(Casey) and Mason. Baez wants Casey to take the stand and Mason doesn't. Mason tried to do it legally and hoped it would work but it failed.

IMO, after today's results, Casey will be taking the stand.

If ICA gets on the stand and tells a lie that GA molested her, he will be hurt so beyond belief and I worry about another attempt.....

The whole family declined a poly.

So now we know why after watching all the drama, tears and mistruths and misspoken words that come out when under oath. No way anybody in this family would consider be wired to a polygraph. This says they know they would never pass one.:banghead:

Psychopathy is not a mental illness. It's a disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental illness.

Same as borderline, narcissism ....these are disorders.

I didn't say she had a mental illness or a personality disorder.

I said she might.

I think there's a battle going on between Baez(Casey) and Mason. Baez wants Casey to take the stand and Mason doesn't. Mason tried to do it legally and hoped it would work but it failed.

IMO, after today's results, Casey will be taking the stand.

Baez and Mason are in a battle - who will win the war?

Now can we deduce from the above questions that CM had reason to believe that she did not understand some of the above issues?

For example, if she says she wants to testify and they explain rationally why that is not a good idea legally, and she doesn't understand, then can that trigger it?

Yes, that is my personal feeling,

she wants to testify,

she has JB asking questions of wittiness that are odd,

She is acting rather strange (laughing, touching her attorneys ..ect..)

considering she is on trial for her life...

:lol: IS is playing the jail phone call - Then one where she wanted Tony's number!

That's it! She told CM and JB that she wants Tony's number! :eek: Therefore, they thought she was incompetent to understand what is happening! :lol:

I'm at work and pressed for time. Have attached some interesting info for two of the three weekend psychologists:

(article snipped but I've attached the link)

Psychologists: Jailhouse letters offer insight into Casey Anthony’s life behind barsBy Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel
2:01 a.m. EDT, April 11, 2010

The letters Casey Anthony penned in jail show an immature woman who needs attention and adoration from others.

That's what three psychologists gleaned from reviewing dozens of Anthony's hand-written notes and letters to a fellow inmate at the Orange County Jail. The doctors agreed to read and give insight from the letters at the request of the Orlando Sentinel.

"She is spending most of her time in isolation with no audience. She has no outlet for the stuff that goes through her mind," said Dr. Daniel Tressler, a forensic psychologist based in Altamonte Springs.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2547677.story

I found another interesting article written by one of the weekend docs (Dr. Ryan C.W. Hall):

Hall RCW, Hall RCW: False Allegations: The Role of the Forensic Psychiatrist. Journal of Psychiatric Practice 7(5)343-346, September 2001.
http://www.drryanhall.com/publications.htm

Both, in a way. She completely believes that she can successfully lie to anyone, at any time, about anything! Also, as she lies, she knows they are lies at the beginning but after living the lies, it becomes her reality. She believes her own lies, I am certain.

Aqua

I disagree. She knows the truth. All of her lies are self serving. She simply expects & believes in her ability to lie and make OTHER people believe them:floorlaugh:

Well, they obviously think she will hurt her case if she testifies, but if they are forced to call her to the stand, they want it on record that they were opposed to it. That way, if she is convicted, they can say:

"We, the brilliant DT, did not think she was competent to testify, but mean old JP said she was, so it's totally not our fault that she was convicted. Contact us at BrilliantDT.com for all your future needs."

Tell me something - if she is INSISTING and her DT doesnt want her to, what are they obligated to ask her once she is up there? Has there ever been a situation like that where an attorney refuses to 'question' the defendant/witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member