Delay revealed-Motion to determine competency filed by defense

Narcissists pit people against each other and cast blame, so that's probably what's going on with the defense team. Casey whispers and acts like she's gossiping part of the time and the outburst the other day may have been a narcissistic rage. There's speculation on NG tonight that she is insisting on testifying and will come up with a totally different story, such as Caylee did drown, but George wasn't there or in on it. I agree and have wondered if she was insisting due to thinking she's smarter or can talk her way out of anything. The whole molestation and opening scenario seemed so staged and phony, that I believe she will testify and give a different story of drowning, George or Lee not molesting her , but that she was raped in the past by a stranger. If she knows that George will never admit anything just to help her then she almost has to change her story.

okay... STILL reading this morning's trial thread and came across this:

Story/updates to come RT @BiancaMPrieto: And now I've got answers. Motions filed re #caseyanthony competency are in my hands.by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:04 AM

and this thread has 11 pages already to 'see' if this has been answered - so just wonder WHO and WHERE can I find to read this??!! Or IF answered here - just say that, and I'll go back and look!! TIA!!!!! :seeya:

okay- found the motion, BUT!! is there a "report" to read about their (doctors) conclusions??!! Thanks!

For your reference: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142141"]2011.06.27 Discussion in open court regarding the motion to determine competency - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Narcissists pit people against each other and cast blame, so that's probably what's going on with the defense team. Casey whispers and acts like she's gossiping part of the time and the outburst the other day may have been a narcissistic rage. There's speculation on NG tonight that she is insisting on testifying and will come up with a totally different story, such as Caylee did drown, but George wasn't there or in on it. I agree and have wondered if she was insisting due to thinking she's smarter or can talk her way out of anything. The whole molestation and opening scenario seemed so staged and phony, that I believe she will testify and give a different story of drowning, George or Lee not molesting her , but that she was raped in the past by a stranger. If she knows that George will never admit anything just to help her then she almost has to change her story.

I agree that this may be a distinct possibility. I definitely think she changed her story substantially after LA's testimony, and as a narcissist (and sociopath, imo), she definitely believes she is smarter than everyone around her. What's more, this is all in keeping with the pattern she has displayed since 2008 -- lie, lie again when that doesn't work, like so more after that, take another shot at a lie, and so on. She really is so blinded by self love that she cannot see how foolish she appears to those not under her "spell" (read her latest conquests).

I don't think she is so foolish that she doesn't realize that the OS isn't going to fly and is completely outrageous. She probably sees the only way out is to admit some responsibility. However, just as it wouldn't work even if GA did lie for her, it won't help her with her little 31 days problem.

Although I must say, your solution is terrific -- claim rape by a stranger, then you can still go with PTSD, "ugly coping" galore, etc. (Maybe, who knows if that would fly). But I think you've hit on something that covers things from her perspective, that's for sure!

:cow:

:waitasec::waitasec: I am wondering this :

Is it possible that ICA told these 3 physicians that she WAS "sexually molested" by LA and GA (which I do not believe) ...
And maybe the DT needed to get it "ON THE RECORD" -- coming from ICA's "mouth" to a "professional" ... because as we know, there is NO RECORD of "sexual molestation" because if there was, the DT would have brought it into Court by now.

We know ICA "lies" but I was wondering if this is the DT's strategy -- to get it on record with the physicians and bring them on the stand to testify instead of ICA ?

Just thinking out loud ... my brain is on "overtime" from this trial ...

Would specifics about the case even be asked by the doctors for a competency test?

I would think it would involve more general questions....

Wonder if we have a verified psych on forum who could "skool" us on exactly how these competency assessments are determined?

When I first saw this picture I thought that maybe it is just one of those photos that just catches our expression out of context.

I was just able to review this video - thanks for posting it. OMG! is all I have to say. About 1:08 mark. She looked absolutely demonic there for a second . . . uhh . . . anger management issues?? This is why her family tippy toes around her - to avoid THAT!! If I had any doubts before about her innocence or guilt, those few seconds sealed the deal for me.

If she is acquitted there is no longer any doubt in my mind that she will commit more crimes and in some form self-destruct. No doubt at all.

Just my opinion, of course.

WHAT in the name of heaven did that baby live & die through!!!!

WHAT in the name of heaven did that baby live & die through!!!!

My thoughts exactly when I saw the video. There's something malevolent, something purely evil in her eyes....like pulling back a curtain to hell.

Would specifics about the case even be asked by the doctors for a competency test?

I would think it would involve more general questions....

Wonder if we have a verified psych on forum who could "skool" us on exactly how these competency assessments are determined?

Quoting myself since I found this...

The Basics: The CST is a 22 question written exam that is designed to screen out those defendants who are clearly competent to stand trial. The 22 questions ask the defendant to complete various sentences with scores for each answer ranging from 0-2. Defendants who score below a 20 are supposed to be given a comprehensive evaluation in order to determine the extent of the competency issues present.

Sample Questions: When I go to court my lawyer will _____. If the jury finds me guilty, I ______.

http://mpdtrainer.wordpress.com/mental/diagnosis/testing/competency-screening-test/

okay- found the motion, BUT!! is there a "report" to read about their (doctors) conclusions??!! Thanks!

niner the reports of the three experts who examined ICA are under seal, we will not get to see them. Sorry, the Motion and the order are all we get at this point.

Oh my word. The video is scarey. I wonder how many of the juror's saw it. Can a defendant force the DT to put her on the stand?

Sadly, for KC, the answer is YES.

I believe what happened is that Lee didn't throw himself or GA under the bus. KC decided that it's up to her now and insisted on going on the stand. She seriously (and erroneously) believes that she can beat JA who is her current nemesis.

CM, knowing this is her ticket to a noose, filed the motion behind the back of JB to halt things before it was too late (remember their belly-to-belly "discussion" and CM doing all the talking with the SA while Jose rolled his eyes at the roof on Saturday?)

CM is trying to save her life. HHJBP agreed and sent in the psychiatrists. She was declared competent and came skipping into court this AM like the kid who won a prize at the carnival for which she really paid 3 times the actual worth.

Because ICA and JB "won", AF was brought in to "replace" CM who (although he is the "Lead Council of record") is now relegated to a minor supporting role.

If AF or someone else with some common sense can't get through to this nutter...she WILL testify.

JMHO

Quoting myself since I found this...

The Basics: The CST is a 22 question written exam that is designed to screen out those defendants who are clearly competent to stand trial. The 22 questions ask the defendant to complete various sentences with scores for each answer ranging from 0-2. Defendants who score below a 20 are supposed to be given a comprehensive evaluation in order to determine the extent of the competency issues present.

Sample Questions: When I go to court my lawyer will _____. If the jury finds me guilty, I ______.

http://mpdtrainer.wordpress.com/mental/diagnosis/testing/competency-screening-test/

When I go to court my lawyer will "Tell Me I Look Pretty". If the jury finds me guilty, I "Tell Them To Talk To The Hand"

And why are they just now doing this? shouldn't this have been done lonngg time ago?

Ummm yeah. This was out of nowhere... she's been evaluated before. Now the defense about 3/4 of the way through this fiasco wants to pull this? We need to pass some new laws. Maybe tie attorneys in to the amount of money they waste with this game-playing nonsense. They had their chance to go the fake mental illness route imo.

Do you think LDB saw this when she walked by? She is in the video walking by at the exact moment it happened. I hope the prosection saw this - it will give them the little kick of adrenaline to get through to the end of the trial.

If ICA does testify, I hope LDB is the one to do cross. ICA's has shot many a glare towards her.

When I go to court my lawyer will "Tell Me I Look Pretty". If the jury finds me guilty, I "Tell Them To Talk To The Hand"

If she had been answering honestly, this is likely to have been the end result. However, we know that the truth and Casey Anthony are strangers. :crazy:

Oh my word. The video is scarey. I wonder how many of the juror's saw it. Can a defendant force the DT to put her on the stand?

According to Bill Schaeffer's in-trail commentary today, yes a defendant can. A request to test her competency is a good CYA move on the part of a lawyer facing a witness that wants to testify against her counsel's advice.

Nancy Grace is reporting that Casey herself claimed that she was mentally ill and needed to be evaluated.

That's just wrong, isn't it? It was the defense attorneys who requested the evaluation, right?

How can Nancy just make stuff up like this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back