Casey Anthony Trial possible outcomes (Graphic)

Oh lordy, how I love a snappy infographic! This is well-done. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice, thank you. Put's it in perspective.

The chart is neat, but I feel like it is wrong. :waitasec: Hopefully one of the resident lawyers will see it and comment, but I thought in Florida first degree murder did not require premeditation if it was during an act of aggravated child abuse.

LOL I opened this thinking it was a simulation of Casey in the electric chair with duct tape around her mouth ;) Not an actual, well, graph

The chart is neat, but I feel like it is wrong. :waitasec: Hopefully one of the resident lawyers will see it and comment, but I thought in Florida first degree murder did not require premeditation if it was during an act of aggravated child abuse.
Someone in the comments said it would be a great graphic if it was legally correct. lol

I just had a horrible thought. If KC is found not guilty, we will literally never see the end of her - think of Lindsey Lohan or the other crop of young women who are famous solely b/c they're famous.

Can you imagine her face on a soda can or doing product endorsements? *shudder*

I thought in Florida first degree murder did not require premeditation if it was during an act of aggravated child abuse.

I thought so too, Aqua, but i found this chart and thought I'd post it. I would also like to hear from our attorney's for their opinion. :seeya:

Some of the information seems to be incorrect. We need Bill Sheaffer to make a chart for us!

Now I'm back to being kerfluffled...

:)

Mel

I still don't understand how you can be guilty of premeditated murder and aggravated manslaughter. One has premeditation and the other doesn't but you can be convicted of both from one death?

I just had a horrible thought. If KC is found not guilty, we will literally never see the end of her - think of Lindsey Lohan or the other crop of young women who are famous solely b/c they're famous.

Casey Anthony™ Duct Tape

Some of the information seems to be incorrect. We need Bill Sheaffer to make a chart for us!

I researched this very topic over the last two days, and the info I found seemed to jive with this chart, however, one of the things I read was that on murder 2, it is a 1st degree felony and the max sentence is life for offenders with a history of violent offenses, however the average is 22 years. Aggravated manslaughter carries a 10-15 year penalty. I hope she doesn't end up with that one. Even if they gave her the max, 15 years is not enough IMO. I really hope she gets life and fades into oblivion after her 15 minutes are over. I had a hard time finding the info actually b/c most of the search options are Fla. lawyers' advertising type sites. I did get my info from answers.com and it all seemed reasonable to me, but maybe there is other info that needs to be put forward.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_maximum_sentence_for_second_degree_murder_in_Florida

Lindsay Lohan had a movie career before her drug problems, and she was never put on trial for murdering her 2-year-old daughter. She still has a (smaller) fan base, whereas you would be hard pressed to find one person who admires Casey. I'm not sure if she endorses any products, but I don't believe so. The only company that would ever hire Casey to endorse their product would be some little Podunk company run out of someone's garage who would hire solely for the controversy it would create. Don't worry; Casey will never be the next Covergirl. ;)

The tabloids don't even seem that obsessed with Casey and the trial is happening right now. I think the case has "only" been on about 20-30 covers since July 2008 and that's not a lot when you can compare it to how often they talked about other cases like OJ and JonBenet, or Princess Diana, or Clinton/Bush/Obama, Sarah Palin, Oprah, Brad & Angelina & Jennifer, the Kardashians, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back