POLL: Does The Meter Reader Fiasco Change Your Mind?

Does the meter read fiasco change your mind about anything in this case? It appears to be great news for the defense. Is it really?

1. Yes, I used to think Casey is guilty but now maybe not.

2. No, I am more convinced than every she is guilty.

3. I always thought she was guilty but now believe she had help hiding or moving the body.

4. Never thought she was guilty and even moreso now.

Can you clarify what is the supposed "fiasco"?

Nope, nada, zip - 2. No, I am more convinced than every she is guilty.

Though I am a bit disheartened that LE wasn't more agressive with Kronk's first phone call and site visit (where the cop didn't look further). If LE had found her earlier then the SA may have had more forensics to work with (though I'm merely speculating).

Kronk found the body, he didn't plant it, move it, hide it, or anything of that nature.

Just my opinion - please and thanks.

Mel

Only reinforces my opinion. I cannot believe anyone actually thinks the meter reader had anything to do with this. How many of us have considered contacting LE (some of us have gone through with it) b/c we found a link to a myspace page or had a brainstorm that we thought just couldn't go unreported? How many people had psychic visions, dreams or "feelings" that were so strong that they felt the need to call the tip line? Sure, some of them are crazy and I'm sure LE is overwhelmed trying to follow them all up, but how awful would you feel if it turned out to be right and you never called?

Here's a guy just doing his job, within earshot of the Anthony home, who sees a garbage bag at a known hangout and dumping ground of the local kids. He might have even heard the rumor about Kio telling LE to check it out. How could he NOT call? And then, after months of Caylee still not being found, the water finally goes back down in that area and he is reassigned to that route, who among us could resist walking back there to see if the bag were still there?

How many WSers and others travelled to help TES search? How many times did TES go back over the same area to make sure it had been cleared 100%? Are they involved somehow? Are they bad people or heroes? IMHO, this man falls into that category. I'll bet he was lying awake at night wondering if he had failed Caylee by not looking in that bag or letting a snake keep him and the deputy away. He probably wrestled with himself and talked himself out of going back a hundred times, until last Thursday he was too close for logic to win over his heart. Thank God he did, or Caylee might still be back there, unfound like so many others.

He probably wishes he had never heard of Casey Anthony. Just goes to show you what doing the right thing will get you in our screwed up society - Casey has Jayne W on TV kissing her butt and Geraldo bending over backwards to come up with excuses for her, while this poor guy is probably paying his lawyer and defending himself for being a citizen.

Outstanding Post! This farce of a defense has not one word of fact to back up the wild accusations made in their opening statement. No matter the amatuerish acting job of JB during his opening confabulation, no matter the pathetic blubbering of LA, or the outrageous lies of this baby's own grandmother, all they have presented in Casey Anthony's defense are SMOKE AND MIRRORS!

That's all they have.

NO! Thought she was guilty all along....just reinforces my feelings now...and I think he's doing a wonderful job on the stand!

I still say IF the money was the only thing in RK's mind when he found Caylee, he would have made sure he called the correct phone number that was listed for the reward.....instead of calling 911!

Fiasco?

How about red herring --> is a deliberate attempt to divert attention.

Nope, not at all. I think he's doing a great job on the stand. He's very believable and a sympathetic witness. There is absolutey NO WAY that man had anything to do with Caylee other than stumbling across her remains.

ICA is still as guilty as they come.

The fact thant Kronk is a dope has absolutely no bearing on this case. If anything, it just demonstrates how tenuous the defense's "implicate everyone within arms reach" strategy is.

Unfortunately, everyone involved in this case seems to be a bit.. um.. intellectually subnormal. It's easy to cast doubt with such dubious characters. Hopefully the prosecution will be able to properly rebut. We'll see.

I truly believe Roy Kronk's girlfriend....Who was a Corrections Officer at the jail was subjected to some of Casey's "nonsense statements/riddles"...She repeated these to Roy and he guessed that Hopespring and Suburban was the dump site. He went searching and found Caylee....Based on what Casey had said.

JMO.

nope. no mind changy for the nursie! Just some human error is all this was imhoo

ITA! IMHO the meter reader fiasco is just that. In every investigation there seems to be some sort of an error or blunder. Yes this was a big one. But at least, thankfully Mr. Kronk stuck to the bug in his ear and followed up on it that feeling. I will be eternally grateful that he found little Caylee and rescued her from the lonely, dank woods she lay.

Lastly imo ICA did not have help in "hiding" Caylee. She did not hide her. She drove down the road to a familiar area and tossed her out of the trunk of her car like she was garbage! She did not need help in doing that. Had ICA actually has some assistance we may never have found Caylee, or known what really happened to her. (Other than her mother had done something)

Does the meter read fiasco change your mind about anything in this case? It appears to be great news for the defense. Is it really?

1. Yes, I used to think Casey is guilty but now maybe not.

3. I always thought she was guilty but now believe she had help hiding or moving the body.

4. Never thought she was guilty and even moreso now.

NO fiasco here this is great for the prosecution. The defense painted him as a bad person, body snatcher. That is now obviously not true, he is a real citizen, I am glad he had the where with all to keep on this until someone paid attention. I think he deserves the $250k. Too bad he did not get it. He is a citizen doing his duty

My mind hasn't changed at all. IMO ICA is guilty. Roy was doing better before lunch...but I do not believe he moved Caylee.

I haven't watched his testimony yet so I reserve the right to change my opinion but IMO whether or not Caylee's body was moved by Mr. Kronk has no bearing on Casey's guilt or lack thereof. Even if Caylee's body was moved by a meter reader the fact remains that there should have been no body for a meter reader to move. Caylee was never in Mr. Kronk's custody so the person who last took care of her has some explaining to do as to why Caylee ended up dead in the woods, available to body snatchers.

I haven't watched his testimony yet so I reserve the right to change my opinion but IMO whether or not Caylee's body was moved by Mr. Kronk has no bearing on Casey's guilt or lack thereof. Even if Caylee's body was moved by a meter reader the fact remains that there should have been no body for a meter reader to move. Caylee was never in Mr. Kronk's custody so the person who last took care of her has some explaining to do as to why Caylee ended up dead in the woods, available to body snatchers.
And... Roy Kronk never had possession of the Sunfire, which does have evidence of decomp in it, and Roy had zero connection to George, other than being his meter reader! What would George have gained by giving the body to him???:waitasec:

In the beginning I didn't know. But after watching the trial for a while, I thought something didn't add up. Anyway, since I started watching the trial about a month ago, I pondered for a while, but because we really don't know how she died, which I think is very important, I decided that I did not know if she was murdered, or if it was an accident or something we still don't know about. As to my thoughts about Casey, I had big doubts for a long time that she actually killed her child though it doesn't seem she took good care of her, and perhaps that's was the cause of her demise. Anyway, we really don't know for sure how she died, imo, it's all theory. Perhaps, someday we'll know the truth, though I'm not sure we ever will. Some crimes never get solved.

I thought Kronk was odd. I think all of the phone calls were odd, but I don't think he had anything to do with killing her. I think it's possible he heard his girlfriend talk and went looking.

Has he still not gotten the reward?

Poor Roy Kronk. I'm sure when he got the county job with all the perks that come with that job he was thrilled. Not sure why he ended up getting fired later on.

Re: utility workers/meter readers
The attorneys involved in the case obviously know nothing about the habits of these workers. They are not going to get into their truck and drive to a gas station to "take a leak" forgodsake! Actually, if you open the glove compartment or look in the area behind the seat, you may well encounter a roll of toilet paper or two. And we all know what that means......

These workers would rather be "outside" where it is "clean" than going to a gas station to encounter who knows what. They know their neighborhoods intimately and know where pull offs are located, where there is shade on a sunny day, where to park so that wandering supervisors cannot easily spot their parked truck from another road.

If they are finished early with their assigned duties they do NOT want to go back into the shop early, because if they do they will have to do "busy work" like washing trucks, cleaning up the shop area, etc. So they "congregate" somewhere and kill some time until it is time to go in.

The flip side of this is that during emergencies they MUST work horrendous hours during which they get few breaks and sometimes stop just to get a few hours sleep and then they go back to work again. They are outside in every kind of bad weather for hours and hours at a time. Including sub-zero in the Northern states.

Like everything else in life, it is what it is. Usually a good pay rate, but the work schedule can be very rough at times.

Nothing changed my mind today. Casey is still absolutely guilty and totally responsible for everything bad that happened to little Caley. God bless our little girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back