2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the state would be that irresponsible to bring in a psychiatrist/psychologist that hasn't actually studied ICA. I'm a bit surprised that the DT wants to do something along those lines. JA or LDB will depose of that nonsense very quickly.

I hope he can't use the three doctors who examined her for compentency. I wouldn't put it past Baez to have set that whole thing up if so.

Boy is that the truth. Nothing is cut and dry and there is no witness that doesn't come with baggage that can and is being used against them. Why couldn't the police have found Caylee's body the first time Kronk called, think of how that would have changed things. Why did the PI's have to take their tape to the media, creating that entire chain of events? Why did that bag of trash have to be found in Casey's trunk? Underneath all the malarkey is really a very simple case of filicide, but it's so hidden in all the muck that I'm worried the jury won't see it.

I concur...aside from the Putnam County bunch in the HaLeigh Cummings case...never in my life have I seen such a bunch of <unusual people> in a murder trial...and I have followed a lot of them. We just need the jury to see through the carp.

Lots of TH's are talking about George's demeanor today and I admit, there was a certain 'hink-factor' to it all but specifically where he called things "funny", perhaps I am reading more into it than I should, but both of those instances, JB's questions specifically, I sensed more of a tone of 'how 'funny' YOU should ask about inappropriate behavior' in his response than 'over-doing-it' in his response/attempt to look innocent, as some of the TH's have suggested.

Anyone follow me? Buehler?

Boy is that the truth. Nothing is cut and dry and there is no witness that doesn't come with baggage that can and is being used against them. Why couldn't the police have found Caylee's body the first time Kronk called, think of how that would have changed things. Why did the PI's have to take their tape to the media, creating that entire chain of events? Why did that bag of trash have to be found in Casey's trunk? Underneath all the malarkey is really a very simple case of filicide, but it's so hidden in all the muck that I'm worried the jury won't see it.

Me too! That's what I'm afraid of. They haven't been mulling it over and hearing as much about it as we have the last three years (presumably). They have so very much to digest, to sort through what's pertinent in making their decision, what's not, etc.

Well I am sure one of the nice people here who HAS been in there could help you with that - lol - or ask a mod by email.....

In order to chat in the chat room you have to sign in with your websleuths login and then click on the websleuths link to access our chat room. Hope that helps.

Most of the day I found to be the most difficult I have every watched. By the end of the trial I was extremely tired and very grumpy!

But my one highlight was Lee testifying. He plainly said to his mother, CA, you may be prepared to lie for ICA even though she killed your grandchild, but I am not. And in fact, I am okay with coming to the stand and let everyone know you are lying because I now know you sent Dominic to look for a dead Caylee.

For months CA strung him along believing the family including him should be going against all odds and looking for a live Caylee. Then he overhears a conversation at the beginning of the trial that CA was looking for a dead Caylee in November and all this denial has been an act, which he was excluded from?

When Lee was talking to ICA in one of the jail videos, he seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't believe what ICA was telling him. But clearly CA convinced him to stand by ICA. I would have felt a tremendous sense of betrayal if I was him, knowing that not only were they twisting information to others, they were twisting it to him also.

When the DT gets home and thinks about where they are with their case, they will realize that to plant the seed of abuse of Caylee herself (to establish a motive for George) - by George, and then they have to explain away Casey's 31 days of partying and likewise reverse George's completely believable reactions, actions, and testimony days 32-120 as he searched for his baby granddaughter - such that it is clear that he knew where he'd hidden Caylee (near his house in a laundry bag) the entire time.

And then, they will do this: :banghead:

And a little of this: :drink:

And some of this: :boohoo:

And lots of this: :doh:

And end with this: :cry:

And I'll be here with :cow: :praying: for justice for Caylee

Anyone? Did I hear GA say "to this day, I have not found my granddaughter"? WTH?

I was thinking that JB asked him something like "when you found your granddaughter...." and he said that HE did not find his granddaughter. I don't think that was even the question though. Typical A speak :banghead:

Me too! That's what I'm afraid of. They haven't been mulling it over and hearing as much about it as we have the last three years (presumably). They have so very much to digest, to sort through what's pertinent in making their decision, what's not, etc.

I am not worried, with a great rebuttal and a great closing, the jury will be schooled on what points to keep in mind.

You will see a space with a lot of conversation and then a bar directly underneath it. Just start typing and hit return and your answer or comment will appear.
Is that what you meant? Did you get to where you could see chat, and on the right the people who were there?

Yes, Logicalgirl, I was able to see chatters, names on the right (including my own) but there was no bar directly underneath it? I had 2 lines there but they had wording in (on?) them. I don't remember what was on the top line but there was a red banner-ish looking thingy on the second that said "Status" and nothing else. I clicked it but it took me out of the chat and I re-logged in to the same thing.

Y'all don't worry yourselves about it...I'd hate to cause anyone aggravation. I'll just try to keep myself :silenced: late at night, LOL.

:rocker: I like the way you roll!

I may need to join you if that's ok? Last night I dreamed I was sitting at some table looking at a Velveeta cellophane wrapper with smudges of cheese on it. Very vivid and very realistic. I'd like to NOT do that tonight.

I thought it also meant she felt sale and protected from any questions about why she killed her daughter..I think prison guards are used to being around people who have done terrible things and are consistently pleasant to them in spite of it.

On the other side of that... Has anyone ever watched "Lock Up" on MSNBC? They show inmates who throw their feces at the CO's. I was very unimpressed that they called her a "model" prisoner. The same could be said for the likes of Jeff Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Scott Peterson, etc....

However, I did today for a moment wonder if it would have been good for the jury to hear how "happy" she was since day 1 of being incarcerated. I was a little torn about whether or not I thought the jury should hear that. :waitasec:

BBM - What else are they supposed to do? It's not like they have anything concrete to work with. This is actually, probably the best defense they could have put on for her. A bunch of accusations, smoke and mirrors and obfuscation in the attempt to confuse the jury... Their only hope is that some of the junk they have put out there sticks in someones mind enough to cause dissension among the jurors and cause a hung jury.

That is the whole point of this bizarre defense -- just confuse the jurors so much that they won't be able to agree on anything, thus causing a hung jury. The defense will take it anyway they can. I don't know whether to say "brilliant" defense or just feel sorry for them.

I hope when this circus is over we get to hear more about this families history. Other than Cindy's brother and a tad from Holly G,we really don't know much about them.
Where are their friends that they hung out with? Where are all of ICA's friends that supposedly were always at the A's house? Where are the teachers who dealt with ICA and her parents?
Did ICA date in HS? Did Lee? Are there any old friends who will stick up for Lee?
Why does George lose so many jobs?
What do neighbors really think?

We just haven't heard enough to satisfy my inquiring mind. I hope we will,either during the penalty phase or after her sentence.

Grandma Shirley should write a book and supplement her income IMO. :innocent:

I've noticed all sorts of posts, both here and at other sites, hoping that KC gets some sort of prison justice - that she gets hurt after being mixed with the general population, that sort of thing.

While I think KC is guilty, I would never want her abused in prison. It goes against the Constitution's provision prohibiting cruel and unusual punishment. Granted, it would not be actively done by the State, but if the State puts an inmate a situation likely to result in .... well, hmmm.

It's not about KC, it's about us, our society, our values.

I still just have to shake my head when I hear that JB in OS..."Kronk is a morally corrupt individual"
So bad. And I feel so sorry for Kronk for this accusation.

Most of the day I found to be the most difficult I have every watched. By the end of the trial I was extremely tired and very grumpy!

But my one highlight was Lee testifying. He plainly said to his mother, CA, you may be prepared to lie for ICA even though she killed your grandchild, but I am not. And in fact, I am okay with coming to the stand and let everyone know you are lying because I now know you sent Dominic to look for a dead Caylee.

For months CA strung him along believing the family including him should be going against all odds and looking for a live Caylee. Then he overhears a conversation at the beginning of the trial that CA was looking for a dead Caylee in November and all this denial has been an act, which he was excluded from?

When Lee was talking to ICA in one of the jail videos, he seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't believe what ICA was telling him. But clearly CA convinced him to stand by ICA. I would have felt a tremendous sense of betrayal if I was him, knowing that not only were they twisting information to others, they were twisting it to him also.

I completely agree with you about Lee. And what I found really unbelieveable was when he got down from the stand they all sat together like nothing happened! He basically got up there and said his mother is a liar.
What a group of nutcases.

Also I am now glad to see that they have a guard posted behind Casay and she sure don't like it. It is one more reminder to the jurors. She had way to much freedon behind that defense table for my likeing. She is after all facing the DP. And I think they should bring her in shackled too. Oh and maybe wearing a little duct tape?????

Speaking of the Grief Counselor, when JP asked Baez if she has met with Ms. Anthony, and he replies no:banghead: yet, in his proffer with both custodians of the jail, he is trying to elicit that her behavior is abnormal.:waitasec: I know he was trying to tie these witnesses in, and now, all he has is a Grief Counselor, who has never met KC.:waitasec: He is truly a disgrace to this case and the legal system in general.

I can't find many here who are supporters of JB but let's face facts. He is a Newbie Lawyer who stumbled into this case. When he took KC on, he had no idea this would be the case of the Decade, a DP case, and have a defendant who is truly a citizen of LaLa Land. I believe he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Do you think YOU could do any better?

It is clear he now realizes she is mentally unstable and since the Incompetency Motion failed, he has to come up with some way of showing the jury how unbalanced she is. WE WS'ers KNOW SHE IS WACKO BECAUSE WE HAVE FOLLOWED THIS CASE SO CLOSELY! The jury does not know.

As much as I dislike KC (based on what I know about this case), I would have a hard time voting for the DP simply because I believe she is a victim of the Anthony's (especially CA) sick family dynamic just as Lee is. INHO, LWOP is the appropriate punishment.

Did anyone understand what JP meant by saying they would be "in and out like Pop Tarts" tomorrow? Did he mean a lot of sidebars, or is the grief witness going to be proferred first? How the heck are they going to squeeze in -all in one day - another possible proffer (grief witness) in addition to the telephone thing with AF and probably more tedious questioning of a bunch of other irrelevant (IMO) witnesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti