2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You for responding, Nali87! The couple of times that I've tried both threads were closed though. Hmmm, maybe I just happened along during housekeeping or something? <shrugs>

I thinking depending on the volume on the thread, they seem to close around 11pm or midnight. I'm 3 hours behind Florida time and if I am on at 10 at night I will usually find them closed.

I guess the mods are getting set up for the next day or something. And some of those threads have been very very long, so they need to be retired to not bog down WS. I think...

I've tried to find an appropriate place for this question and haven't been able to (maybe it's my trial addled brain or maybe there just isn't one) so please forgive me for asking here if it isn't appropriate.

Question: Once the day's trial thread is closed and the day's sidebar thread is closed where do we go for general trial/thoughts posting? I'm a night owl and have tried (while/after getting through reading both above mentioned threads) to find a place to post my thoughts and/or communicate with others during late night/early morning hours but...

I know there are many topic specific threads but I'm unable to find a general thread. Out of curiosity, if there isn't one, why not?

Thank y'all so much in advance for any help that y'all might be able to provide!

Sometimes I find the day's sidebar open till quite late... I think I posted around midnight PST... but not always. I suppose it depends on whether the mods have time! THANK YOU for being open late sometimes!

As I recall there was a groundswell movement that developed outside the courthouse at the end of Scott Peterson's trial with memorials to his murdered wife and unborn child, signs, candles, stuffed animals, etc. Considering the mobs we've seen lining up to get seats, do you think a similar thing will occur for Caylee? When will it begin?

I still just have to shake my head when I hear that JB in OS..."Kronk is a morally corrupt individual"
So bad. And I feel so sorry for Kronk for this accusation.

he actually said morally BANKRUPT, even worse, imo. and i agree, that was a low blow.

I hope he can't use the three doctors who examined her for compentency. I wouldn't put it past Baez to have set that whole thing up if so.

It's my understanding that the psychological evaluations that were done this past weekend were conducted by court-appointed mental health professionals. The DT requested that Casey be evaluated for competency in continuing the trial for her defense.

Most of the day I found to be the most difficult I have every watched. By the end of the trial I was extremely tired and very grumpy!

But my one highlight was Lee testifying. He plainly said to his mother, CA, you may be prepared to lie for ICA even though she killed your grandchild, but I am not. And in fact, I am okay with coming to the stand and let everyone know you are lying because I now know you sent Dominic to look for a dead Caylee.

For months CA strung him along believing the family including him should be going against all odds and looking for a live Caylee. Then he overhears a conversation at the beginning of the trial that CA was looking for a dead Caylee in November and all this denial has been an act, which he was excluded from?

When Lee was talking to ICA in one of the jail videos, he seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't believe what ICA was telling him. But clearly CA convinced him to stand by ICA. I would have felt a tremendous sense of betrayal if I was him, knowing that not only were they twisting information to others, they were twisting it to him also.

After I heard LA's testimony today, I have changed my mind about him. I believe now he was "out of the Anthony loop" once again. I believe he was still holding hope that Caylee was alive, and obviously his mother knew (or suspected) Caylee was not going to be found alive. Why was she so carpy to TES when they wanted to search? So DC could find the body and she could move it before the LE had a chance to examine it? Why would she lie about sendin DC and JH to search if there was nothing to hide about it???

I completely agree with you about Lee. And what I found really unbelieveable was when he got down from the stand they all sat together like nothing happened! He basically got up there and said his mother is a liar.
What a group of nutcases.

Also I am now glad to see that they have a guard posted behind Casay and she sure don't like it. It is one more reminder to the jurors. She had way to much freedon behind that defense table for my likeing. She is after all facing the DP. And I think they should bring her in shackled too. Oh and maybe wearing a little duct tape?????

Did you see that picture of the look CA was giving him in the trial thread? LOL. They are his family and I think he was trying to make a point, both on the stand and particularly by sitting beside her - as if to say - how do you like them apples? I'm not lying for you and I'm not lying for ICA! So in your ear, Mom.

Lots of TH's are talking about George's demeanor today and I admit, there was a certain 'hink-factor' to it all but specifically where he called things "funny", perhaps I am reading more into it than I should, but both of those instances, JB's questions specifically, I sensed more of a tone of 'how 'funny' YOU should ask about inappropriate behavior' in his response than 'over-doing-it' in his response/attempt to look innocent, as some of the TH's have suggested.

Anyone follow me? Buehler?

Yes, the Anthony word salad answer ,when a simple yes or no will do.

Sometimes I find the day's sidebar open till quite late... I think I posted around midnight PST... but not always. I suppose it depends on whether the mods have time! THANK YOU for being open late sometimes!

Really really stupid question from longtime member.

Where the heck IS Chat? I don't see a place to click on for chat.
Shhhhhh. Don't tell others I asked this question, please. Thank you

:truce:

After I heard LA's testimony today, I have changed my mind about him. I believe now he was "out of the Anthony loop" once again. I believe he was still holding hope that Caylee was alive, and obviously his mother knew (or suspected) Caylee was not going to be found alive. Why was she so carpy to TES when they wanted to search? So DC could find the body and she could move it before the LE had a chance to examine it? Why would she lie about sendin DC and JH to search if there was nothing to hide about it???

I think by that time she may have been concerned about what would be found with the remains than she was about hiding them or moving them....

Was here anything incriminating ICA - because even then there must have been a teensy suspicion... surely...

Sorry, I am sure this has already been discussed, but I really had to take a break when Court finally adjourned.

Could someone pretty please tell me what ya'll figured out about the jail guards' proffers? What was JB's point? To show that ICA is a model prisoner? To sway public opinion? Did ICA make him do it so she could listen to people say nice things about her? Both the guards seemed very uncomfortable in my opinion.

TIA - this trial is making me :crazy:

Also, why would OCSO have had a necropsy done on the snake?
I had to think about it too mom.

Here's what I got. I think JB did that to help with the grief counselor tomorrow - the fact that she's a model prisoner shows she has never shown any grief.

That's all I got.

Really really stupid question from longtime member.

Where the heck IS Chat? I don't see a place to click on for chat.
Shhhhhh. Don't tell others I asked this question, please. Thank you

:truce:

Too funny - I was here for about a year and a half before I knew that.
Top of the Caylee front page, first box, look down that list...you will see it.

I had to think about it too mom.

Here's what I got. I think JB did that to help with the grief counselor tomorrow - the fact that she's a model prisoner shows she has never shown any grief.

That's all I got.

But they said she was a model prisoner and when she is upset she cries...umm - doesn't that make for a leaky boat?

I hope he can't use the three doctors who examined her for compentency. I wouldn't put it past Baez to have set that whole thing up if so.

The timing of the motion to determine competency, just days before calling in people to testify to Casey's inappropriateness, leaves me believing that it was all a big show put on by the defense.

Most of the day I found to be the most difficult I have every watched. By the end of the trial I was extremely tired and very grumpy!

But my one highlight was Lee testifying. He plainly said to his mother, CA, you may be prepared to lie for ICA even though she killed your grandchild, but I am not. And in fact, I am okay with coming to the stand and let everyone know you are lying because I now know you sent Dominic to look for a dead Caylee.

For months CA strung him along believing the family including him should be going against all odds and looking for a live Caylee. Then he overhears a conversation at the beginning of the trial that CA was looking for a dead Caylee in November and all this denial has been an act, which he was excluded from?

When Lee was talking to ICA in one of the jail videos, he seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't believe what ICA was telling him. But clearly CA convinced him to stand by ICA. I would have felt a tremendous sense of betrayal if I was him, knowing that not only were they twisting information to others, they were twisting it to him also.

:dunno: I still go back to the TL/LA secret tapes in TL's car. I always felt Lee knew the truth at that the entire time.

Did you see that picture of the look CA was giving him in the trial thread? LOL. They are his family and I think he was trying to make a point, both on the stand and particularly by sitting beside her - as if to say - how do you like them apples? I'm not lying for you and I'm not lying for ICA! So in your ear, Mom.

No I did not see the looks she was giving him, I was at work and trying ever so hard to watch it.
I give him alot of credit and again agree, How do you like me now Mom!

I completely agree with you about Lee. And what I found really unbelieveable was when he got down from the stand they all sat together like nothing happened! He basically got up there and said his mother is a liar.
What a group of nutcases.

Also I am now glad to see that they have a guard posted behind Casay and she sure don't like it. It is one more reminder to the jurors. She had way to much freedon behind that defense table for my likeing. She is after all facing the DP. And I think they should bring her in shackled too. Oh and maybe wearing a little duct tape?????

I have a feeling they are posting that guard behind her because they received a threat towards her.

I concur...aside from the Putnam County bunch in the HaLeigh Cummings case...never in my life have I seen such a bunch of <unusual people> in a murder trial...and I have followed a lot of them. We just need the jury to see through the carp.

The Anthony's totally take the cake, IMO. The entire family is delusional and the defense team is delusional. Since when does finding out the truth equal
monetary gain.

All thru this sad case, I've had the image of David Westerfields (Danielle Van Dams murderer) mother taking the bus everyday to the trial. She wasn't all over the media, she wasn't taking advantage of anyone, and she didn't give her opinion about whether her son was guilty or innocent. People even offered her rides to court and she declined them. This woman was living her own personal hell and I have never forgotten her. This is one of the reasons why I never had much sympathy for the A's.

As to the post mentioning kc speaking to officer, appearing that it was to do with her perimeter. I get the impression kc doesn't want ldb anywhere near her. I think this *love* for ldb had something to do with kc snarling pretty for the cameras the other day.

I absolutely LOVE how irritated the INMATE is that the female guard has stationed herself directly behind the Inmate and she will not move!!!

The Inmate turned around and said something to her and had pissed off look on her face!

I just got here and read this. I wonder if it has anything to do with Casey texting, I still think that day she was angry was because LDK was over there...did anyone find out by the end of the day...

:dunno: I still go back to the TL/LA secret tapes in TL's car. I always felt Lee knew the truth at that the entire time.

But do you think he might have been making off like he knew to find out for himself? It has been awhile since I saw those tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth