2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeppers.

Just ask the jurors on the Scott Peterson trial :biggrin:

His case should not have been a death penalty case.

IMO, I think alot of states hand it out faster because it takes so long and alot of people think it is the only way criminals stay in jail for as long as they live. I also think alot of people believe the criminal will die of old age before they are put to death.

In my state (va) they spend an adverage of 6 years before they are put to death.

All i know abt is the 15,000 for the photo and 5,000 from one of the talking heads on tv, I can't remember his name but he mentions it every chance he get, maybe on Dr. Drews show.

Regarding Lee's graying-- seems to me that GA may have gone gray pretty early being the snowy color that he has now. Lee seems to have the same pigmentation. jmo

Did Kronk ever collect a reward for finding Caylee's remains?

No the reward was for a living Caylee. Nejame gave RK the $5000 he was paid to represent the A's. RK also got $15000.00 for the snake photo.

What in the world are they calling Kronk for again????

Well, they are calling his son to the stand. So I guess they are HOPING to impeach him afterwards. But I think it is a losing prospect for them in the end because all it does is remind the jury of their opening statements where they said he TOOK the body and kept it hidden for months. And then it came out that he would have had to tape the mandible back together and put the vertebrae down in the exact correct order...right?

So if they are going to spend their final day of CIC on Kronk's son and then Kronk again, after having no luck so far with him, it seems fruitless. I think he did a very good job today on the stand and his 911 calls made him sound credible, not deceitful. If anything, the DT sound deceitful when you try and digest their incredible claims. I almost spit Kahlua and Coffee on my keyboard when they entered his mechanic bill ' into evidence.' LOL

I actually don't think she does (I know, I know) When you take her statement as a whole, the accident line really doesn't come across the same way as it does when taken of context. I really have no idea why the defense thinks she'll be a good witness, her whole statement makes George sound like a man trying to come to terms with something he thinks his daughter has done. It paints an unflattering picture of him in some other ways, but not at all as someone involved in Caylee's death, or the 31 day cover up.

The way I remember it, LE grilled her upside down to try to get her to admit they had had an affair, and she denied it 100%. Why would anyone believe her now? Oh that's right, cause she got PAID to admit they had an affair.:waitasec:

Originally Posted by Soulmagent
Right, in Baez's awful defence the jury has the ability to see that she needs a new lawyer .IMO We all might be shocked.

Personaly I have high expectation of the burden of proof and for me the state didnt meet them.

We are a CSI society and LE reinforces that all the time. So while it is easier to locate evidence with the advanced tools they use now it also raises the expectation of actual evidence. IMO.

While I respect your opinion(s), I have to say that, by the standard you speak of, there would/will be few successful future prosecutions as people, and potential killers, have access to readily available information (via the internet, television programs like CSI, Forensic Detectives, etc.,), therefore they are, and will continue to get "smarter" about how to avoid leaving forensic trails (telephone communications, online website visits, etc.,) and/or incriminating forensic evidence at the scene of their crime(s). I personally believe that with enough circumstantial one can sensibly and reasonably connect the dots and meet the standard for a conviction. JMO~

To me, if we have a high expectation in CSI-type evidence, then the higher it rises, the smarter the criminal becomes. Once women were just raped. Then when men started to go to jail they got "smart" and silenced their witness. Now that DNA can be the silent witness, the women are being raped, killed, then mutilated or otherwise disposed of so that there is no evidence. Shall we let these killers go just because they found a better way not to get caught?

Once children were just raped, then kidnapped and raped, then kidnapped, raped, and killed, and now kidnapped, raped, killed, and again mutilated so that the remains are not found and the criminal never brought to justice. This murdered gets to walk the same streets as my grandchildren because he/she has figured out the best way to not get caught?

Should Casey be freed just because it was her "good fortune" that Caylee's body was not found for six months and by then had skeletonized, making cause of death impossible to pinpoint? Should she be returned to society because she had the again "good fortune" to dump her sweet baby's body in a place known to flood - which washes away evidence? Time, temperature, and torrential rains is KC's golden ticket. The jury will hopefully see through the charade and leave that ticket uncashed.

I really enjoyed watching Greta tonight and seeing her old panel of attorneys, Bernie Grimm and Ted Williams, and Ted is representing Roy Kronk ...WOW.

They all say thumbs down for the Defense. :great:

I think I missed the decision. During the proffer with Jesse Grunde today, was his testimony deemed relevant?

:great::floorlaugh:

We've heard enough bs analysis for a lifetime.
In this case the BS stands for Bill Schaffer - who has been giving his analysis of the case for quite some time.

The way I remember it, LE grilled her upside down to try to get her to admit they had had an affair, and she denied it 100%. Why would anyone believe her now? Oh that's right, cause she got PAID to admit they had an affair.:waitasec:

Not that I support lying, but she was living with another man at the time who appears to have been supporting her so that might have been more about self preservation. Regardless, my point is that her testimony is much more likely to discredit the DT's theory than help it, so I'm not sure why they're calling her. MOO

I really enjoyed watching Greta tonight and seeing her old panel of attorneys, Bernie Grimm and Ted Williams, and Ted is representing Roy Kronk ...WOW.

They all say thumbs down for the Defense. :great:

he is representing his Son and I have a feeling he is gonna say his dad telephoned him in December and not November

Just was talking to my son (16), who said, regarding Casey's conversation with Lee on jail video:

"Caylee is close." = C.L.O.S.E. = Caylee Located Off Suburban ___?
What could the E stand for?

I thought that was pretty clever and wanted to share.

Aqua

Regarding Lee's graying-- seems to me that GA may have gone gray pretty early being the snowy color that he has now. Lee seems to have the same pigmentation. jmo

My uncle went prematurely silver and so did one of his sons,both in their 20's.

Wnat exactly is with the six degrees to Casey Anthony?

Roy Kronks girlfriend works at the jail

River Cruz/ Name du jour's sister is an inmate in jail with her

Some protester gets called to jury duty

I'm sure the list goes on. It could be a thread of it's own.

Is Orlando actually that small?

Just was talking to my son (16), who said, regarding Casey's conversation with Lee on jail video:

Aqua

E = East? Looking at it on google map, when you come to the end of Hopespring, you can go left (west) or right (east), right/east would be the part of Suburban where Caylee was. Your son is one smart young man!

Aqua

...evermore?

I think I missed the decision. During the proffer with Jesse Grunde today, was his testimony deemed relevant?
No the judge did not let it in due to the fact that conversation took place in 2006 and at this point it is hearsay.

Why did RK make money off of the snake if the Dean guy was the one that took the snake?
ABC wanted an interview and RK said no. RK needed money for those car repairs so ABC paid him for the picture of the rattlesnake. They can't pay for interview but they can pay for licensed pictures. This is the same premise that ICA made her money - selling all those pics and videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie