2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to out anyone whom has been a survivor of Sexual abuse....

But as I have seen many, They seem to have a great fear when woken out of a sound sleep, and are mostly combative untill they are fully awake.

However, when the CO's testified that "even when ICA is woken out of a sound sleep she is all happy and pleasant"

Hmmmmmm.... Another lie!!

You are speaking of a conditioned response to being assaulted at night.

Not all suvivors of sexual abuse are preyed on at night in their bed. Some survivors are preyed on during the day while mom is at work. So that conditioned response would be a kid becoming combative and not wanting their mother to go to work.

Another example, a child that becomes upset when a particular person comes around that has preyed on them.

It boils down to conditioned responses to the time, place and person of the sexual assault.

Example, remember the rap song that had the words "lick it like a lollipop?" I worked with a girl that was assaulted while that song was being played and every time she heard it come on the radio she had a complete meltdown. It is a conditioned response.

Wonder what the deal is with Judge Perry getting involved with protesters outside the courthouse? Bill Schaefer said that they don't like the way he handles jurors???

I haven't heard about this. Please share more

@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

Why are there protesters picking on HHBP?

I so wish that the $200,000+ would come in.
When George was asked about not putting up his house for bail, I wanted him to shout...she had the $200,000...why didn't she use it? I have to believe that question was all Casey's idea. OMG!

My question is
Who owns the house or who's name is on the Title or Deed?...iirc it is in Cindy's name only...
but he may be jointly responsible for the debt or mortgage

MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
Thank goodness Judge Alex called me. I needed to bond with someone who thoroughly understands how horrible Baez did with George.

No offense meant to anyone here, honestly, but I thought I'd weigh in on this crying issue from the male perspective.

I was a criminal investigator in the military. I saw men cry many times, all different ranks, all different ages, for all kinds of reasons. I've cried myself many times.

I won't say that there isn't still a certain social pressure on men not to display that emotion often, but the idea that grown men don't cry is, in my estimation, at least two generations ago.

It's a sexist assumption, not any more valid than suggesting that women are "emotional" by nature. Some are, some aren't. Some men like sports, some don't. Some women like to gossip, some don't. I'm sure you see what I mean.

Stereotypes are a lazy way of understanding people. It's lots easier to just assume things about a gender or group of people than it is to take everyone as an individual and deal with them on that level.

Just food for thought, and no offense intended. But, as a man, it is a little disheartening to see people still throwing around obviously sexist ideas about what consitutes "normal" male emotional behavior.

:cow:

I agree that stereotypes are used way too often to judge people. However, all my experience shows me that men are the ones who most often perpetrate this stereotype. They will be the first to demean another man for crying. Just visit any of the sports forums to see for yourself.

I'm sensitive to this because no one knows for sure except GA and CA. I was molested by my father. The social worker believed me, the judge did not. My father later went to jail for sexually assaulting another child, but this was years later. He's now a registered sex offender for life. But the judge DIDN'T BELIEVE ME, even though it happened.

Of course, it didn't take me committing a serious crime for the allegations to come out, but a lot of molestation victims never tell anyone due to shame, guilty, what have you.

I don't even bother to speculate on this, because while I was molested and abused, while something very horrible happened right before I turned four, and despite being raised by a single mom and living in poverty, I DID NOT turn out like ICA did.

I am not a "victim". I am not a pathological liar. I would never hurt my child. I'm a strong woman. ICA has only one person to blame for her situation.

For no other reason than I want to... a heartfelt embrace from me to you....just because....
((((((((((((((((((( MISSDIVA )))))))))))))))))

It can. I accidentally took about eight at once. They were in a glass dish
and I forgot they were there, mixed it with coleslaw. Had to call poison control, induce vomiting, go to the ER. It was a mess. It can easily kill you. IMO

I can't believe with a Nurse on the jury that JB tried to diminish the effects of BP medication.
It is used precisely to lower your blood pressure in one way or another, depending on the medicine. So overdose = NO blood pressure.

My father has been on serious BP meds for 40 years and the potentially fatal effects of merely accidentally doubling a dose is lectured to him Over & over.

Just my experience & opinion.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Bill Sheaffer: "We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm. They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now."

:croc:

I had to take a break. Just wanted to add,the reason I kept bringing up my situation when my son committed suicide is because everything GA was saying ,and the anguish on his face ,rang true to me.
He said much of what I felt after losing my son. I apologize if I sound like I'm all about me. That's not why I bring it up. It's to validate GA's testimony. Always,JMO.

Miss James no need to apologize, my prayers are with you.......I could never ever imagine the pain a parent must have to go through at the loss of their child due to a suicide. In my career, I have been on numerous suicides and they truly are the most painful calls that I have been on; nothing I could say or do would ever lessen the pain of the family member over the loss of their loved one.

Last year my husband and I lost a friend of ours due to suicide. He decided that life was just to much to bear and at the age of 44 decided to hang himself in his best friend's business. He completely thought it out and no one close to him never in a million years would have thought he would have ever taken his life. His best friend was the one who found him and it has taken such a toll on him and now his health. The anguish as you said "rang true" through the look on his face.

We all went back over what ifs and it was to no avail. It's unfortunate that sometimes when a person decides that he can no longer go on, there is nothing anyone of us can do. Depression is horrible!

You are such a strong person Miss James, I personally don't think I could be as strong as you if I had to endure the pain that you have experienced.

Please accept my :hug:

omg i just watched her wink.. Hes all smiley and prap too.. Ugh..omg and hurl and barf

It is all staged for the cameras.
Another malingerer trying to convince people she's crazy so she can avoid punishment. It happens in court every day..

:tyou: logicalgirl

And that is why I believe George today. Before today I don't think I have ever made a post that was in his favor from my opinion. But, again I do understand why some would have questions. He has lied. It is hard to trust a liar. And that is why I do not trust Casey at all-she has lied more and is continuing to lie-and Cindy has lied. If George is up to something, something to get Casey free...I don't think it is working. IMO.

:cow:

PS: Hey everyone the talking head on IS just said, "something's going on with this family" :floorlaugh: WS know THAT is the understatement of the last three years!

I agree. I know I've said several times I have no use for George, but today was brutal, and if he was in front of me I'd give him a hug.

Something else, and this goes to how uncivilized I am, this story about the gun also made me more sympathetic. I've seen GA and CA both rage against people, but what was missing for me is where is the rage towards at least who they think is responsible? If you can get that angry towards people trespassing in your yard, to me it just seemed odd they weren't going after whoever they suspected with a vengeance.

Good luck! Here is my experience..........testimony from stand "I was about to....." ....cut to commercial ..........back from commercial "And court is now in a brief sidebar/recess/trial adjourned/case dismissed/martions invaded/peace in the middle east established...................." but lets pause for another commercial break.............

LOL, too funny..... the nicest thing i can say that i scream while watching is "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!" of course the things I scream more I cannot post or Ill get banned!

This case is killing me, I'm emotionally drained and my housework is suffering, I haven't been for a jog in 2 weeks to avoid missing the trial and I just want this to be over, but I feel like I need to watch so that Caylee will receive the justice she deserves, that sounds weird but that's how I feel.

I totally feel the same way! I am also thinking about going out today and getting my dog diapers LOL

@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

:floorlaugh: I love the VelvetHammer!

Wow - I gotta tell you I would not want my family held up for all to discuss and dissect - as Dysfunctional! But is there actually a family out there that isn't?

And what role model are we comparing families to when we say they are dysfunctional? I've always wondered that...

Entirely reasonable, and, as always, eminently logical. :wink:

Well, since there's no such thing as "normal" in any sense, I guess I'm with you on the inability to diagnose dysfunction. As to the narcissism, I have first-hand experience over a lifetime, so it's a matter of a survivor's perspective.

I don't disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members