2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashton, that was genius! Casey never tried to protect Caylee in life or in death...

Ashton done. No redirect. She's excused.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 4:31 PM

#CaseyAnthony Karioth: "I will tell you in many years I have lots of folks do things that seem exquisitly unusual"
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 4:31 PM

Karioth says she has sat with another grieving mother in the rain bc the mom says her child had never been alone in dark/rain. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 4:31 PM

YAY @ Judge Perry!

Is the DT as conceited as ICA, thinking it's okay for them to do something but not okay for anyone else? DT has to realize that they opened the door, as you have all said, if they can ask hypothetical questions, so can the prosecution.

Really? "Magical"? This sounds as good as JB's calling ICA's loooong list of non-existent people her "imaginary friends". Ya missed her being declared mentally unfit to stand trial JB, guess you're still trying to make the jurors think, regardless of those findings, that she isn't all there?

What kills me is ICA had a privileged middle class upbringing...she didn't grow up in an orphanage.

Amen to that. I'm sick and tired of how her mother spoiled her and berated her. Casey had a roof over her head, food to eat and parents who were willing to look after her baby also. She was blessed in that regard.

ICA shakes nods and says; "It doesn't" when Ashton says the bond between mother and child doesn't break even with death.

and if you are a sociopath does any of this hold true... how does a sociopath typically grieve?

ohhhhh..that mom worried about her child in the rain broke my heart.

I guess in KC's mind baby CayLEE loved the dark and rain, and the mud!

Wow, I never knew there was a difference between "magical thinking" and delusions. One in the same if you ask me, from the sound of it.

JA: denial is a common coping mechanism for other things than grief. Such as guilt.

SK: It can be
DS: Object. Witness is not expert in guilt.

SK: People who have not lived up to expectation, have come from a guilt and shame background are quick to go back to guilt.

JA: People may compartmentalize the guilt and think they didn't do the thing they did.

SK: Yes but often they didn't do a thing but still feel guilty.

JA: But you could compartmentalize a horrible act that you did?

DS: Objection as discussed previously

BP: overruled.

SK: there could be grief involved in that but that's not where I would treat patients

JA: so it's not your expertise.

SK: There may just be grief overload. Like parents with children with chronic disabilities who haven't done a thing but they just feel they can't do enough.

JA: Guilt can come from huge acts or small acts like lying.

SK: Right. Another way to look at it is as one way to stay afloat. People may come up with an almost merry discussion about activities.

JA: People have an amazing capability to compartmentalize their activities.

SK: we all have that.

JA: You can convince yourself something is best for everyone even if it isn't

SK: you might not know that if you're convinced

JA: Magical thinking, do you mean actual delusions

SK: No. I had a mother who had lost a child and he has never been out in the rain

JA: Intellectually she knew the child was dead.

SK: Emotionally the desire to protect the little guy was there. I have seen many mothers do unusual things.

JA: You would agree that a bond with a mother and a child is amazing.

SK: it never breaks.

JA: No further questions. Witness excused.

recess for the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members