2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA - w/Dr K...can compartmentalize if they commit a horrendous act of murder ..yes they can...what you are describing sounds more of a psychiatric condition...I would refer them out...
one way to stay afloat they may create an enviornment to look @ their past life or what things are expected of them....people have amazing ability to rationalize and compartmentalize - you can convince yourself that something is best for everyone....even if it is not....you may not know...if you have been fortunate to grow up with positive.....magical thinking.....not delusions I mean magically thinking...had Mom who had a child died ....she called and said he had never been in the rain before alone....so we grabbed blankets and umbrellas and sat in the rain....she knew the child ws dead ....magical thinking....I have helped many mother get thru grief...agree that a mother who is bonded to her child is amazing! I don't think it ever breaks..no more questions
witness excuse

She does not understand the term magical thinking. It has a specific psychological definition and she is misusing the word.

Casey just mouthed "no it doesn't" when the topic of the bond between mother and child never breaking, even in death"

Karioth says bond between mother and daughter doesn't break.

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 4:31 PM

that story just made me cry :(

about the little boy in the rain and dark

Did you all see ICA nodding when the Dr. Said that a mother/child bond never breaks?

Kudos to DCS for not beating the dead horse.

Part 2

SIDEBAR #15 (5:05-5:12)

JURY GOING OUT 5:12

JURY COMING BACK AT 5:22

CROSS EXAM OF DR. SALLY KARIOTH BY JA - continued

Denial is a coping mechanism for things other than grief? Yes. It is common coping mechanism for guilt? It can be.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

OBJECTION - this witness has not been tendered in guilt - OVERRULED

In fact, it is document in literature that many people use supression and denial as coping mechanism of guilt and shame? Yes. Those who feel they have not done the right thing or lived up to expectations. When that happens, those people put that event in a box and compartmentalize and they can go on as if it didn't happen?

OBJECTION -OVERRULED

The only problem is, that often they didn't do the thing, but feel guilt and shame for another event.

Secondary PTSD symptoms can be seen.

Yes, you can compartmentalize an unspeakable act.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

That calls more under the purview of making a psychiatric diagnosis.

If it doesn't involve grief, trauma and loss - it would be outside of her purview.

Guilt can come from a truly horrible act or a relatively minor act? Yes.

In an attempt to stay afloat, a person may create an environment that works for them because to look at their past life or think about how they have been raised, they may very well come up with an almost merry discussion.

She agreed that people have a remarkable way to compartmentalize.

If you are evolved and insightful enough to actually evaluate at that level, those people may very well know that it is not good for everyone.

Magical thinking is not delusions. She gave an example of a woman whose child had died and called her when it was raining and said that he had never been in the rain before so she went there with a blanket an an umbrella and they sat outside. Intellectually the mother knew the child was dead.

The bond between mother and child never breaks.

Doctor is excused at 5:31

Little guy in the rain..people do highly unusual things..it would have been a perfect time to ask about if they put duct tape on them in times of grief.

Thank You JA. Very Nice. I love when he knows where to end the questioning ! Bang !

ICA nods when it's mentioned that the bond between mother and child never breaks even after death.

Give me a break.

On and aside I thought it was sweet of this witness to sit out with that patient she described.

I'm having a hard time believing that Dr. K. knows nothing about this case. She's obviously performing for the DT.

Some of the things she has said are quite interesting, especially about risk-taking behavior in younger people. My straight-A daughter really went over the edge when she lost her brother. Scary.

Whoa!! When Ashton asked about the mother/child bond and Karioth said "It never breaks" did I see ICA mouth "That's not true." !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle