What did we learn today 6-29-2011

What did we learn today 6-29-2011 - Multiple Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that "professionals" consider Chicken Soup for the Soul stories, chapters are of psychological importance. :floorlaugh:

I thought the defense couldn't get any more embarrassingly incompetent than Dorothy Sims' redirect (I think it was) of Dr Barry Logan, when she hardly got a question through the sustained objections, but today I learned otherwise. Sally Karioth's ignorance of peer reviewed journals was just pathetic. That was really, really bad. She's probably a nice lady and I had to laugh at her obliviousness but the defense team has sunk to a new intellectual low. I had a feeling her credentials were going to be seriously lacking and she was going to be shredded by Ashton but that was surprising.

For me she could have been the plant lady's wilder sister!

I am still quite surprised that the "grief counsellor" was accepted as an expert, actually. I think that was another example of the judge bending over backwards for the defense.

I learned that I care more for George - a man I never met and certainly have been annoyed by in the past - than his own daughter, because his testimony made me cry and she didn't even react.

I learned that I care more for Caylee than her own mother, because hearing the testimony about Caylee's remains being found made me cry, but her mother didn't even flinch.

Tink

I learned Jose doesn't ever consider the ramifications of any question before he asks it. He is just so bad at being an attorney!

I learned through the "grief" lady that a real grieving mother would have never left her child to rot in the woods to be pulled apart by animals because the bond never dies, but a murdering sociopath would. There was no grieving when Casey killed Caylee.

I learned that JB should get a job in a hotel lobby ... He is perfect at opening doors.

OTOH I heard doormen all over Orlando are refusing to open doors for JA because they've heard what can happen if they do.

I learned through the "grief" lady that a real grieving mother would have never left her child to rot woods and the body left to be pulled apart by animals because the bond never dies, but a murdering sociopath would. There was no grieving when Casey killed Caylee.

It seems more like someone had cut the ball and chain off of her ankle. JMO

OTOH I heard doormen all over Orlando are refusing to open doors for JA because they've heard what can happen if they do.

http://www.866attylaw.com/images/Truck_Accident_Attorney.gif
Truck_Accident_Attorney.gif

I learned that some mothers sit in the cemetery with an umbrella so their child wouldn't be alone in the dark and the rain. Some put theirs in trash bags.

Oh My Donjeta, how poignant. this post stopped me dead in my tracks. I think this would be a great statement for the SA to use in their closing argument. Wow, just Wow. Thanks.

Those loud thuds we heard were the jurors falling out of their seats when they learned George and Cindy had dinner at the Ritz-Carlton the evening Caylee's remains were found --- and they were having dinner with Jose Baez! :eek:

Apple, meet Tree.

Magical thinking involves a unicorn? Yeah, I've got nothing.

Oh, I've got one. Magical thinking is thinking you can kill your 2 year old daughter, and when people ask you where she is, they are just going to take whatever you say at face value and never pursue it.

I learned that GA bought the gun to use to intimidate ICA's friends (who he suspected of being involved in Caylee's disappearance) into telling him what happened to Caylee, then he planned to turn the gun on himself. I had thought he bought it for protection back when protesters were outside their home. IMHO.

Amazing how one person (ICA) could wreak so much havoc and cause so much pain and devastation for so many people - seems that everyone who somehow came in contact with her (even indirectly) has suffered in some way. So sad.

I learned that if someone firmly denies being a molester, they must be a molester, because who'd admit being a molester? (If Baez had any evidence of it, he wouldn't need a confession or a denial to claim both equally support the defense team's "magical thinking").

I also learned that Casey and Baez overestimated their ability to predict/manipulate the Anthony family members and their loyalty to Casey. They are all like boxes of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get when they take the stand. Shameful lies, painful truths, meltdowns, defiance... A defense theory built around wild cards is risky as hell and this is a losing hand for Baez and company... Based on how things are going, I think Mason had the right idea when he reminded the judge a few weeks back that the defense was not required to present a case. Probably would have been better to fold after the state rested. JMO...

I learned that "professionals" consider Chicken Soup for the Soul stories, chapters are of psychological importance. :floorlaugh:

Yep - it's required reading in grad coursework, doncha know. :)

I learned many years ago that what goes around -comes around. JB knows GA is innocent yet attacked him over and over again on the stand today.

I know karma will bite his fat --- some day.

I learned that JB is morally bankrupt and you cannot believe a word that he says. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge