Dead Pets

Here's what I don't understand about this whole thing Baez brought up about the dead pets:

JB contention is that KC had nothing to do with Caylee's death or the disposal of the body. So WHY would the DT themselves bring up all this stuff about family habits in how they bury their pets, along with saying aloud in court that KC was a part of this tradition and may have in fact took an active role in it?? JB was NOT putting forth anything other than KC herself may have learned this method of burial from her family! This does not distance KC from the disposal of Caylee's body, but in fact puts her much much closer to it. IMO.

I have not read thru this whole thread to see if this has been brought up, too busy, but I just had to get this off my chest. It just does NOT make sense.

Here's what I don't understand about this whole thing Baez brought up about the dead pets:

JB contention is that KC had nothing to do with Caylee's death or the disposal of the body. So WHY would the DT themselves bring up all this stuff about family habits in how they bury their pets, along with saying aloud in court that KC was a part of this tradition and may have in fact took an active role in it?? JB was NOT putting forth anything other than KC herself may have learned this method of burial from her family! This does not distance KC from the disposal of Caylee's body, but in fact puts her much much closer to it. IMO.

I have not read thru this whole thread to see if this has been brought up, too busy, but I just had to get this off my chest. It just does NOT make sense.

I agree, and I think that JB figured it would implicate GA, but his planned backfired.

Thinking about the possibility, as some have suggested, that Casey might have poisoned some of the family pets. My first thought was 'why?' (Aside from the fact that she is not right in her mind.) Hearing Cindy's testimony about her first dog being like her child, and Cindy's obvious love for dogs and cats, seems Casey would be jealous of the attention her mother bestowed on them as she was jealous of her mother's attention on Caylee. What were you thinking, Jose, or weren't you?

Thinking about the possibility, as some have suggested, that Casey might have poisoned some of the family pets. My first thought was 'why?' (Aside from the fact that she is not right in her mind.) Hearing Cindy's testimony about her first dog being like her child, and Cindy's obvious love for dogs and cats, seems Casey would be jealous of the attention her mother bestowed on them as she was jealous of her mother's attention on Caylee. What were you thinking, Jose, or weren't you?

Well, Jose might have given CA that "Aha" moment in regards to the dogs.
I have no clue how those two dogs died when ICA was in her senior year but I do not think CA would have gotten the Yorkies if CA had any suspicion that ICA harmed the previous dogs.

JB did not do ICA any favors by bringing this subject up at all in any way.

I was quite stunned when I saw this.

If the family buried deceased pets in the backyard, what pets were being buried by Casey out in the wooded area? I wonder why she didn't bury them in her backyard. Maybe they were HER pets and not the family's. I remember the comment by a friend who said that Casey lied when a neighbor complained about her walking the dog and letting it urinate on his grass, and Casey said "It's not my dog". Creepy.

The more I think about this, the more I think it totally sealed her fate.

I went to a family reunion today... whether the father is adored.

Several siblings who are against the death penalty... hadn't been following the trial and just seeing the testimony of George with Casey cold was enough for them to offer to put the needle in her arm.

They also followed it after that... and saw the pet testimony. They couldn't figure out who Baez was... Prosecution or Defense... because why would the Defense introduce that?!

KIO Marie... is the reason I don't think it would have been suspicious for them to search the area even if they DID overhear the location from Casey. It was mentioned by her friend... it was the closest wooded area to the Anthony home... they could have searched it without giving away that they had overheard it. I have a hard time believing they really heard it and then sat on it for fear of giving that fact away.

Crap... where did the kitty go... must go find it so I can go to bed and return to the family reunion tomorrow.

I decided to watch Cindy's testimony about the pet burials on Youtube in order to watch the split screen to see what Casey's reaction was if any to Cindy's testimony. This is the cross exam of Cindy by Linda Drane Burdick.

Patty's 1947Sierra Youtube video:

http://youtu.be/S6x1NJJHGIw

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6x1NJJHGIw"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/30/11 (Cindy & Lee Anthony)‬‏[/ame]

Go to marker 5:42/15:39

LDB: Cinnamon and Ginger were two Cocker Spaniels?

CA: Yes ma’am.

LDB: Mom and baby?

LDB: And they passed away within six months of each other. Correct?

CA: Approximately.

LDB: The first in the fall of 2003? Is that accurate?

CA: I think so.

LDB: And the other, either in the winter or spring of 2004?

LDB: Your daughter Casey would have been a senior in high school at that time. Correct?

CA: Yes.

(This is where Casey leans in to talk to Jose Baez to tell him something, but the split screen or picture in a picture is only on Casey so the public cannot see what she's saying to him in this clip.)

Watch more of the video clip and look at Casey’s reaction shaking her head back and forth in the negative at 8:25 marker when LDB asks the question below and Cindy answers it:

LDB: But definitely by the time she’s a senior in high school, she was aware of the burial and the method of burial in the yard.

I look at the few photos of a young Casey and the latest video of her as a child and maybe my opinion is colored by what is charged with now. I see a not-so-good child, she has the "look" about her even at that age. Like the movie the good son? I do believe that some people are just born evil (just the way it is or past life stuff or whatever) I don't need familial/social factors to account for everything. I can fully picture her hurting animals even as a kid. Sorry.

Totally agree. I was watching that tape and immediately saw some kind of hard, brittle look to her that foreshadowed all of this. I'm sure it's just that her face looks so similar to the ICA of today. However I also agree that some people are born that way. There was a little girl in my daughter's preschool class who was IMO a born sociopath. The other parents banded together to keep our children emotionally safe from her - it was never openly discussed exactly what was wrong with her, but we did discuss how as adults we felt uncomfortable being around her and would not have our own children around her if at all possible, and when our children were part of a group that included her we would take turns supervising closely. The things she said to the other kids were just horrific. I do remember that girl's family taking their older dog to a shelter when this girl was 5 or so because it was "acting aggressively" toward the girl - we all guessed that this aggression was not unprovoked. I mean dogs aren't exactly socially shy about identifying those with bad intentions...

I also agree with whoever said that the "pet burial" line of questioning made NO sense in the general defense theory.

Supposedly Caylee herself was at fault for opening both sets of sliding doors and screens, entering the yard and climbing the ladder that Cindy was at fault for leaving up (or some mysterious 3rd party who came into the yard), and drowning in the pool.

And George was the one who discovered her, did NOT perform CPR, did NOT call 911, but used that as a moment to berate his daughter.

Then... what? George wrapped Caylee as he did the family pets?

And somehow Roy Kronk recognized through the bags, tape, and laundry bag that the bundle was in fact a child's body? And took it when he came to read the gas meter which was located in the front yard? So the bag was also located in the front yard...

Anyway - all the pet burial testimony could do for the Defense was show that George was part of a family that wrapped pets in plastic and tape before burial.

What it did for the State was show how many pets died, some mysteriously, and that ICA herself was part of the bag and tape remains moments growing up.

Maybe that's what Caylee was in ICA's eyes: just a pet. We all know what psychopaths do to pets and maybe THIS psychopath just got rid of the pet because it was in her way. Caylee fell into the category of: "constant shedding, stinky litter, destructive, in the way of la bella vita".

Amy had a couple of odd things happen to her involving sleep, too.

:eek:hwow:

I remember that! Amy was sleepwalking and couldn't remember where she put the $400.00 (or so Casey said).

Of course I have no proof or facts, but is one chilling thought. Did ICA try to drug Amy too!

EGADS!

Mel

I just CANNOT believe that the Defence raised the whole family pet issue! I realize that they did so in an attempt in incriminalize GA but for me it has had a HUGE impact on sealing the deal for how/why KC used this method for Caylee!

moo

I remember that! Amy was sleepwalking and couldn't remember where she put the $400.00 (or so Casey said).

Of course I have no proof or facts, but is one chilling thought. Did ICA try to drug Amy too!

EGADS!

Mel

Yeah, and the only reason Amy sort of believed that is that a different time with ICA sleeping over Amy woke up having changed her pj pants completely sometime in the night, with no recollection of doing that.

That is referring to her pregnancy with Caylee.... They are taking about Casey and Caylee are gone... and how Cindy doesn't think Casey disappeared due to a pregnancy. Yet, Cindy didn't think Casey was pregnant the last time around either. (Caylee.)

Page 20 - Paragragh 8

July 11, 2008

"I smiled when you said Cindy says she doesn't think Casey is PG.
I don't think she thought Casey was PG the last time around either???
Something is keeping Casey from facing her mother???"

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/1102/25605267.pdf

Maybe that's who "misty" was. I wonder why JB asked about Misty. George said they never had a pet named Misty. Did JB get mixed up? Hmmm, Misty is someone but who...not an anthony pet.

The question by lee...is this like the last time.

Baez screwed up big time by introducing the pet stuff.
1. how to wrap dead things
2. Casey a witness to that routine
3. alot of pets dying
4. current dogs sick in significant timeframe
5. Who is Misty?

EGADS!

Mel

IIRC, amy said she took ambien. Sleeping pill that does cause memory loss before falling asleep.

Just read through this thread again from the begining. Clearly this pet testimony answered everybody's questions, including mine.

That being the case, an entirely NEW question arises from it; how could Jose Baez be so obtuse & so inept to finish his case with a shocking line of questioning that essentialy seals the fate of his client ?

This question is not asked in humor or flipantly; the negative impact of the dead pet questioning is stuning, staggering, shocking.

Do we know the exact SPOT in their yard where the pets were buried??

Where is it in relation to the playhouse??

If Casey lays Caylee there by the playhouse (where the dogs hit) to dig the hole....

I had previously thought she was going to put her UNDER/IN the playhouse...

Thinking she could just move the paving stones.

Then got the shovel when she realized she had to dig.

Then realized it was too hard to dig and gave up and put her in the trunk.

In the pet cemetery is a much better option than under the playhouse.

WHERE in the yard is the pet cemetery? Please tell me that someone knows...

I think you might be bang on. Sorry don't know the location of the pet cemetery but its existance surely only further validates the reliability of the two cadaver dogs. These dogs are trained to only alert on HUMAN decomposition. If they hadn't successfully learned to distinguish between animal remains and human, wouldn't they likely have gone a bit berzerk in the Anthony back yard. :waitasec:

Yes, but when my sweet 17 year old kitty, got so sick, that I had the vet put her to sleep, he said nothing when I wanted to bring her home to bury. He must have felt it was up to me. I wrapped her in a towel that she had slept on and then put her in a brown paper grocery sack, and dug what seemed like a HUGE hole, and buried her. It took me a couple of hours to dig that hole. It was about 18 inches deep, and about as big around as a bucket. It was all I could do to dig it. It was October, so, slightly cooler weather for Texas, and yet I was sweating and panting. I keep thinking about that. How much work it was, how I was afraid it wasn't deep enough and that a dog would dig her up. I had my kids come out for a last goodbye, then, I put a big flat rock on top after I finished. Think how big the hole would need to be for a child almost 3. I have thought about Casey borrowing the shovel and then trying, but not being able to dig the hole. It's HARD work, and Florida would have been hot in June. Plus, the time frame shows it likely to have been afternoon. The hottest part of the day with the strongest sun.

BBM: And THAT could very well explain why the pool ladder was still attached to the pool. If you were trying to dig a hole in the Florida heat sweating would be a given. What better way to cool down than to go into the pool and no need to remove the ladder because Caylee was already gone. That makes more sense than Caylee opening up two locked doors and CA leaving the ladder attached to the pool. jmo

Earlier today on WFTV, legal analyst Bill Sheaffer made the point that it could be argued by the prosecution that if any of the Anthony family's pets were buried in plastic bags with tape, that's how Casey learned to do it.

Yep, Baez just helped the state makes it's case.

ICA is the one gearing this defense but I can't believe a good attorney would not know how bad it would look and the state would turn it to their favor. I just can't understand Baez taking the word of an admitted, proven liar that this time she's telling the God's honest truth. He's as much to blame for allowing ICA to lead them into disaster..they both deserve each other..and Baez trying so hard to get the State on a discovery violation when he knew they would delve into CA's computer searches and this would start an investigation. A trial is about the truth and not one area of defense has truth writtten in it..it's all a bunch of lies and all those lies came from ICA...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I just CANNOT believe that the Defence raised the whole family pet issue! I realize that they did so in an attempt in incriminalize GA but for me it has had a HUGE impact on sealing the deal for how/why KC used this method for Caylee!

moo

Also highlighted the number of pets that the Anthony's had to bury..makes you wander if ica had something to do with their demise also. That thought hadn't occured to me until JB brought up all the pet burials.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back