2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't know where to put this - how about here?!?

Do we know how the 5 year old birthday party video was obtained and who if anyone made money off it? The timing is such that nobody will be asked how much they were paid for the licensed video, eh???

My guess: The Anthonys. I think CA will need the money when she's charged with perjury. Criminal attorneys cost a lot of money.....well except for Baez. He got $80K apparently. He's now worth :twocents:

If the jury wants to go home so bad they will not find her guilty of Murder 1 - if they did they would go into the penalty phase which will take a while. Lets just hope the jury is here for justice for Caylee and in it for the long haul.

After watching jury selection, I am having a hard time believing ANY of these educated jurors would be willing to toss aside justice for an innocent two year old in order to enjoy an evening of fireworks....so I seriously doubt they would "toss" deliberations and concede with not guilty verdict before dark in order to celebrate a holiday that will also come again next year...

At least I would HOPE NOT!

I have been trying to find the Lee call or visit where he says something about is this like last time, I have listened to a lot of stuff. Interestingly Lee's police interview (youtube) was informative to listen to again. I forgot KC did not go to mom's birthday party on June 5, 2008 and that was the last time Lee saw Caylee. He was trying to be very helpful. As far as the is this like last time, I have not found it, but I did not recall it being a jail visit. I thought it was something he reported to some legal figure, LE or attorneys. Still no luck. On his depo about ZFG, I have never listened to that so I know it is not there.

Anyone find the "is this like last time" thing yet?

It was a jailhouse call. That video disappeared. Many have been trying to locate it and have been unsuccessful. IMO, he meant the last time she chloroformed Caylee. I do not believe this was the first time. I wonder where she got the chloroform. Would they keep that stuff at Gentiva where CA worked? It wouldn't surprise me if she stole it.

While we wait for tomorrow's closing arguments, I thought I would post this link, to the Judge's Order of Restrictions to Closing Arguments. My biggest HOPE, and if allowed, is there is a Giant size photo of Caylee, facing the jury, while the State speaks. I think she has been lost in the myriad of details, presented in court.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28422064/detail.html

Was watching HLN yesterday evening and Vinnie asked Jean Casaras about "what we didn't see from the courtroom" and she told the story of how Jeff Ashton came out with an extremely large, blown up photo of Caylee's skull...she even kept gesturing with her arms how large this display board photo was....

Said after he was done, he walked over and set it up on the easel RIGHT in front of Casey.....again commented and gestured about how LARGE it was....then said Baez immediately walked over and turned it away from Casey...

I am hoping Jeff will use THIS photo board at least briefly during his closing statements....

That is a good point about skull photo. I hope he uses one of the photos of a happy 2 year old child.

I am hoping that Jeff Ashton explain his somewhat angry/hostile demeanor during this trial. I have read that a number of people have been put off a bit by it.

I think if he says that yes he is angry - angry that a 2 year old child was murdered by her own mother - that will cause his somewhat "bulldog" behavior to be used to his advantage.

How can you not be angry about this?

Based on the short length of the State's rebuttal, I have to think they had the jury in mind. They jettisoned everything they felt the could and concentrated on the most important points.

They had said (outside the jury's hearing) that they were going to present Casey's IM history for the 16th, but they probably believed that it would be redundant once they impeached Cindy Anthony and showed she lied about her computer usage.

The State put on a strong case and you can bet they will put on a strong, fact-based closing argument. The defense will be left to use all the smoke and mirrors they want. By this time, I think the jurors will recognize what they are up to.

After thinking about it this morning, the rebuttal case seemed to center on the chloroform testimony. Many of the legal pundits last night gave their opinion on whether or not they felt impeaching Cindy's testimony proved Premeditation.

I think SA certainly feels so, but I also think they are VERY confident that even if the jury does NOT agree that chloroform speaks to premeditation, it DOES speak.... at minimum....to Aggravated Child Abuse.....which will also bring a guilty verdict of FIRST DEGREE MURDER! :rocker:

Grrrrrrrrr why no court today??? I'm off today - I can finally watch - Grrrrrrr. I work tomorrow - Grrrrr. I can't watch.......

Did anyone see where someone tried to defend CA work hours testimony yesterday by some ramblings about "daylight savings time wasnt in effect so the times were off!"

At first I was a little :floorlaugh:

then...:waitasec:

Sooo....if DST wasnt in effect it was STILL THAT TIME...if DST was in effect, it was STILL THAT TIME...and unless someone geographically MOVED Overland Park Kansas and/or Winter Park Florida ...it was STILL THAT TIME and Florida an HOUR BEHIND...

so I just :floorlaugh: some mo'.

Since I don't know where to put this - how about here?!?

Do we know how the 5 year old birthday party video was obtained and who if anyone made money off it? The timing is such that nobody will be asked how much they were paid for the licensed video, eh???

MSM (IIRC, it was CNN Anderson Cooper) confirmed that it was from a childhood family friend of Casey's - I am assuming the parent of (or now grown child) for whom the party was held. Either way, it was not the Anthonys.

While we wait for tomorrow's closing arguments, I thought I would post this link, to the Judge's Order of Restrictions to Closing Arguments. My biggest HOPE, and if allowed, is there is a Giant size photo of Caylee, facing the jury, while the State speaks. I think she has been lost in the myriad of details, presented in court.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28422064/detail.html

Add the video of Caylee singing "You are my sunshine" along with the photo.
I just saw an upsetting pic on Lillian Glass's website. She's one of the body experts. It was of Caylee holding her arms out to Casey and sobbing: so sad. Apparently Casey took it. Who takes a pic of your child pleading and crying anyway, other than a monstrous mother who is attempting to mock and torture her child?

Was watching HLN yesterday evening and Vinnie asked Jean Casaras about "what we didn't see from the courtroom" and she told the story of how Jeff Ashton came out with an extremely large, blown up photo of Caylee's skull...she even kept gesturing with her arms how large this display board photo was....

Said after he was done, he walked over and set it up on the easel RIGHT in front of Casey.....again commented and gestured about how LARGE it was....then said Baez immediately walked over and turned it away from Casey...

I am hoping Jeff will use THIS photo board at least briefly during his closing statements....

I did see the same, yesterday, on HLN, which is why I am hoping for a life-size photo of Caylee be brought into the Court, to remind the jurors of who this trial is about.

TH Defense attorneys in the media, are always spewing about, "taking this woman's life", but forget, we are here, for justice for this precious little life that was taken.

Just to add, watching Diane Downs archived footage on 20/20 last night, she used the same words as KC, in an interview, saying "Everything has been taken from me"!!!

I want people to come forward, (surface) after this is over. There is more to casey then what we have seen and heard. WE only know what we know. I want to hear from neighbors that grew up with her, her family, aunts uncles cousins that would have witnessed her first hand though out her life. I am glad this was not brought into the trial, don't want to muddy the water with her "issues". Cindy and George have covered for her for years, it was evident to me the first time I saw George on TV, he did not want to discuss his daughter (who was the last to have Caylee) but attention only on the kidnappers. And then came Cindy who wanted the world to think she had the perfect "normal" family. And everything was 'day one" and "just like any other "normal" day. That was my first clue that this was going to be very interesting. She was/is a nurse, are you kidding me!. They have walked on egg shells their whole lives with Casey. Why doesn't she have friends, I mean long term friends, like High School friends. No you don't find out the day before graduation that you are short a credit or two, are you kidding me! As much as Cindy and George loved Caylee they didn't want to have to raise her and they shouldn't have been expected to, but Casey had no intentions of leaving, I for one do believe her parents where goner's had her plan worked. And yes Caylee was also part of it too, can you even imagine the money that would have poured in to Casey? Had she been able to do away with C&G and Caylee missing like a kidnapping. And here they sit trying to save her life. jmo

Asking again - why no court today?

POCO, the Judge gave them the day off to get ready for closing statements tomorrow.

KC has reached the end of the hallway. I am wondering if there is even a flea's egg of a chance that we will not see closing arguments tomorrow, but will hear that an agreement has been reached for KC to please guilty of aggravated manslaughter of a child.

I am torn about this. I would love to hear her stand up in open court and admit she killed Caylee and how. The State would not agree to her pleading guilty unless she does,and I doubt they would fall for the accidental drowning (without JB's added fantasy scenario). On the other hand I want to watch her face when the jury comes back with a verdict of guilty - no matter what they find her guilty of.

I can't decide which would give me greater joy and satisfaction.

Did anyone see where someone tried to defend CA work hours testimony yesterday by some ramblings about "daylight savings time wasnt in effect so the times were off!"

At first I was a little :floorlaugh:

then...:waitasec:

Sooo....if DST wasnt in effect it was STILL THAT TIME...if DST was in effect, it was STILL THAT TIME...and unless someone geographically MOVED Overland Park Kansas and/or Winter Park Florida ...it was STILL THAT TIME and Florida an HOUR BEHIND...

so I just :floorlaugh: some mo'.

Some people have too much time on their hands :crazy:

Anyone else starting to feel really emotional now that we are so close to seeing justice for Caylee? :tears:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXyZY1l42M&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪"Gone Too Soon" Caylee Video Montage Played At Memorial‬‏[/ame]

I just watched part of GA's first testimony again. I think he is believable then, too. But especially with all the testimony that came later. ICA on the other hand, shaking her head no during GA's testimony just really made me angry. She lies so much she probably believes her own lies. And she has no care or feeling for who she implicates or lies about. Socio/psychopath.

I also think it would have worked out better for her if she said CA helped. But that is in hindsight. CA, a known liar, would have been a lot less believable if she said she didn't do it.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28009675/video.html

The thing that keeps coming up is WHY. I believe (and others have posted that they believe this also) that it is because Caylee was reaching the age of talking well and that she was or would soon be able to tell on Casey.

Caylee was approaching the age of being able to tell:
1. There was no nanny;
2. Her mother was drugging her while she partied the night away;
3. She was being mistreated in other ways

Casey was NOT going to be told on by her daughter (and by consequence not be allowed to continue her manner of life) and therefore it was ESSENTIAL that she kill her. Premeditated with aggravating circumstances (child abuse; lying to authorities) - 1st degree - life without the possibility of parole.

BBM, good idea for a thread of it's own.
Imo, what she wanted for her birthday was not to be a mommy anymore, thus the deleted searches in March of 2008. It took her three months to get from entertaining the thought to following through on the act. jmo

Grrrrrrrrr why no court today??? I'm off today - I can finally watch - Grrrrrrr. I work tomorrow - Grrrrr. I can't watch.......

I feel the same way, err. Same with me, off today, work tomorrow errrrrr. I feel your pain :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla