2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually, one will give the closing. Since the DT has stated they will have multiple speakers, I hope the State does too. Linda gave an outstanding opening - where is Caylee? Her voice is strong but not offensive. Ashton seems to be able to come to task at anything he needs to do. He can go through many of the points they have proven, go through the forensics etc and do it in such a manner that his sometimes brusk manner is forgiven with his passion for proving the case against a killer. Mr. George has done an outstanding job too, somewhere in the middle between the other State Attys and bring his points across.

I shudder to think of what the defense closing will be, other than an apology for not being capable...

Good morning. I'm sorry if this has been discussed but does anyone else wonder if ICA may have used/tried chloroform (sp) on the one Yorkie that CA was so concerned about that she said she did searches on the bamboo toxins??????

After watching jury selection, I am having a hard time believing ANY of these educated jurors would be willing to toss aside justice for an innocent two year old in order to enjoy an evening of fireworks....so I seriously doubt they would "toss" deliberations and concede with not guilty verdict before dark in order to celebrate a holiday that will also come again next year...

At least I would HOPE NOT!

Wouldn't they be allowed to go hoke after the verdict and come back for a penalty phase?

Priceless: Sunny H can't understand why LKB doesn't agree with her and Alex and Vinnie there was a dead body in the trunk. HLN has a Greatest hits testimony going on right now FYI.

I'm so curious to know who will be delivering the closing for the SA. I'd assume it'd be JA, because LDB did the opening, but I'm not sure. I am sure that JB will do the DT closing, despite the fact it'd be better coming from almost any one of the others on the team. I wonder how many infuriating moments along the lines of the graphic molestation images JB will bestow upon us tomorrow!

POCO, the Judge gave them the day off to get ready for closing statements tomorrow.

Thanks.... guess I'll just have to settle on watching Looney Tunes today....:floorlaugh:

Good Morning my friends!

I have a question! While the jury is deliberating, will court remain open? Will Casey have to sit at the defense table through normal business hours and just wait for the verdict?

Not sure, but I think she'll be in the holding cell.

If you go to Ann Rule's website you can get an update on Diane's kids and how they are going today......

KC has reached the end of the hallway. I am wondering if there is even a flea's egg of a chance that we will not see closing arguments tomorrow, but will hear that an agreement has been reached for KC to please guilty of aggravated manslaughter of a child.

I am torn about this. I would love to hear her stand up in open court and admit she killed Caylee and how. The State would not agree to her pleading guilty unless she does,and I doubt they would fall for the accidental drowning (without JB's added fantasy scenario). On the other hand I want to watch her face when the jury comes back with a verdict of guilty - no matter what they find her guilty of.

I can't decide which would give me greater joy and satisfaction.

I don't think that they will drop from the DP to aggravated manslaughter unless that is what the jury chooses.

Good morning. I'm sorry if this has been discussed but does anyone else wonder if ICA may have used/tried chloroform (sp) on the one Yorkie that CA was so concerned about that she said she did searches on the bamboo toxins??????

It's pretty strange that a mamma dog and baby dog died within a few months of each other, as LDB brought out during her cross-exam of CA, while ICA was a senior in high school.

At the beginning of the trial I was willing to believe it was an accident that ICA alone covered up. Now I'm convinced that ICA intentionally killed her beautiful little girl. I'm just not sure if it was to spite CA or to be free to hang with Tony that evening.

I do think she had been planning to kill either GA/CA or little Caylee for a while, based on the computer searches.

IMO

I want people to come forward, (surface) after this is over. There is more to casey then what we have seen and heard. WE only know what we know. I want to hear from neighbors that grew up with her, her family, aunts uncles cousins that would have witnessed her first hand though out her life. I am glad this was not brought into the trial, don't want to muddy the water with her "issues". Cindy and George have covered for her for years, it was evident to me the first time I saw George on TV, he did not want to discuss his daughter (who was the last to have Caylee) but attention only on the kidnappers. And then came Cindy who wanted the world to think she had the perfect "normal" family. And everything was 'day one" and "just like any other "normal" day. That was my first clue that this was going to be very interesting. She was/is a nurse, are you kidding me!. They have walked on egg shells their whole lives with Casey. Why doesn't she have friends, I mean long term friends, like High School friends. No you don't find out the day before graduation that you are short a credit or two, are you kidding me! As much as Cindy and George loved Caylee they didn't want to have to raise her and they shouldn't have been expected to, but Casey had no intentions of leaving, I for one do believe her parents where goner's had her plan worked. And yes Caylee was also part of it too, can you even imagine the money that would have poured in to Casey? Had she been able to do away with C&G and Caylee missing like a kidnapping. And here they sit trying to save her life. jmo

I completely agree with you about her wanting to off the parents, I have always believed that, and always will.

I'm so curious to know who will be delivering the closing for the SA. I'd assume it'd be JA, because LDB did the opening, but I'm not sure. I am sure that JB will do the DT closing, despite the fact it'd be better coming from almost any one of the others on the team. I wonder how many infuriating moments along the lines of the graphic molestation images JB will bestow upon us tomorrow!

I thought LBD said they wanted to split it up and JB objected? HHJP said he had no issue with the state splitting it up but only one could do the rebuttal.

If Mallary(sp) and Lee ever break up we might get more insight into the Anthony family.. Because I'm sure she would write a book after the break up. I'd read what Mallory had to say...

Good morning everyone

I am kinda glad for the break today, get some things done and rest up for the huge day tomorrow, and glad Linda and Jeff have the time to get their closing down to perfection.

In my opinion if the jurors believe there was a dead child in Casey's car everything else is out the window, and I do believe they have been convinced. Also why are the heads not talking about, or trying to figure out what George did with the body, and HTH did Kronk get it. In my mind that is a huge leap there are no reasonable answers to.. but NO, they chose to give all their air time to KH until Cindy and her lies stole the spotlight from her.

I am hoping for 1st degree but my guess is aggravated manslaughter of a child.
Anyone else want to take a shot at guessing?

Can someone repost the punishment diagram that was posted here a few nights ago? It was a really good graphic of what each punishment means and the sentence.

Hey wait a sec. I predicted the same thing. Are we in the same imaginary world? Got any imaginary friends you can introduce me to? I got a couple. :fence:

:D

:snooty: I am not imaginary.

:fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads