2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, throwing it against the wall to see what sticks---HE READ THIS ABOUT HIMSELF!!!!!!! And now he is trying to use it against the SA? I hope the jurors see through the BS!!!

I wonder what GA and CA think of JB's closing, since they wanted ICA to get a different atty early on. Today JB's inexperience is again really showing.

When I first heard JB speak 3 years ago, I thought this must be a joke. MOO

After Lee upstaged Cindy's testimony about sending Dominic out to the woods, does anyone else think that OCSO needs to go check the trunk of the Anthony's cars to see if that's why Lee isn't present in court today?

JB thinks chloroform was a joke.

Maybe the other hairs fell out before she started decomposing? People lose a lot of hair on a daily basis.

JB telling about his feelings about the chloroform--objection sustained.

124bjtx.jpg

zkhbuq.jpg

es18p4.jpg

anfwhi.jpg

2v0bjph.jpg

6t1nc2.jpg

6onbf7.jpg

ip2lc1.jpg

JB is the one throwing the crap at the wall. Stop projecting, JB. He is unbelievable. He is always twisting around what he does, saying the state is doing it.

Nope, it started on a March 17th computer search, and ended in the trunk. mo

How many suits does it take to switch out a lightweight display board?

No Baez, I think YOU are shockingly high.

Defense closing argument:

It was no stain in the back of the core. there were no maggots. the score was 10 years old and of hundreds of owners, three owners in this family, those stains were there long before June 16, 2008. You heard testimony about that about those stains, and all they want to give you is, stare a little harder. this prosecution is all about desperation. Nothing except desperation.

Rely on what you heard in the court.

We had dr Haskell testify. He and Dr. Huntington or both forensic anthropologists. they both testified that an insect like a fruit fly develops if you leave fruit in your car for too long. Dr. Huntington said in fact last week that he found a blowfly and his house last week. Dr. Huntington said you can clean the stain out with paper towels. If there had been any evidence on those paper towels I guarantee you that would have been the first thing the state said about the towels. The state hopes if you took up maggots there must've been a dead body.

If the state had taken DNA from those maggots, they would've had all of their answers. And of course none of that ever occurred here. No answers, more speculation. it is difficult to talk about maggots in a case like this but it is necessary. We have to find where the truth lies. And the truth proves there is absolutely nothing in the back of that car that points to decomposition. they want you to take a leap of faith into a place you should not go.

The next thing the state did is they talk to you about hair. And they had a young man from the FBI and we can say that the FBI lab is probably the most advanced lab in the country. And they are scientists. That's what you sow more FBI says from the defense them for the state. why? if this is a search for the truth lies important information being withheld? This is not about a search for the truth. Both of these witnesses would only go so far. they spoke about the banding that is found in the hairs, they cannot say came from a dead body. The reason is the science is just not far enough for them to know. They conducted the study right after they gave the deposition, Steven Shaw did a study on environmental effects on hair. The first study was done by a grad student from John Jay University. they would not get on the standards they came from the dead body. They know that the science is still in its ongoing phase and they had similar effects that signified postmortem root banding. that's not science. That's not something you can rely on. What's more important is to know how long that here was in the back of the car. One thing we do know is, you're only talking about one hair. they went crazy trying to find more hairs, and they did find more hairs, they found hundreds of hairs, and only one hair showed that death band. they hope to throw enough against the wall to see if it sticks, right down to their cause of death. One day was chloroform, today it is duct tape.

Then we get to chloroform. I have to tell you when I first heard chloroform being mentioned in this case, I thought to myself this has to be a joke. Chloroform was discussed in this case by Dr. Vass. And what happened was when he testified that the reason a progressed was the chloroform levels were unusually high. That was quite a moment in the courtroom. for this forensic anthropologist, NOT A CHEMIST, Dr. Vass is not a chemist.

My Websleuths membership means too much to me for me to type what I really want to type right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500