2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if LDB should go tonight or not - Depending on how much time she needs, I want her to do a snip tonight and the rest tomorrow when they are fresh.

Really? I think a good ending tonight is in order. An edge-of-the-seater.

Bill Shaeffer on wftv saying it was very magnanimous of JB asking HJBP not to hold it (laughing) against JA.

(my side note: JB didn't want to get into trouble either, he said what he said out of self-preservation

I cannot believe people are posting that their family members are getting doubt from JB. That makes me so upset I can't even think straight. I don't get it.

We keep getting back to how did Caylee die? You cannot say that this case was proven beyond a reasonable doubt. There is no way. It began with a cover-up. It continued with only partial information. You have to know that this case was proven. And you don't have that. You are the ultimate deciders of the facts.

Mr. Mason will come up and speak to about the charges in this case. I thank you all collectively and individually for all the time you given us in the prosecution. And you've been able to give an open mind. I know it has not been easy. There've been times when emotions have gotten high. But you are here to fulfill an oath. We're going to ask you to render a verdict of not guilty on these charges. Because they are not true. Just look at what they have and what they don't have. All of the fantasy in the world does not make it so. All of the lies do not get you any closer to the truth. It can't get any more serious than this. The stakes cannot be any higher. And we ask you to use the law as you have it [not sure of this last line...]

Up next, mason....Chalk you jb for batting for ja and asking for no contempt be held against him. This has been one long long day!

That was not out of the kindness of JB's heart. JB was also in contempt for that same incident, and there were about a dozen other violations that he could be held on for contempt that occurred in JB's closing. JB was saving his own butt, because if they went after JA, they would HAVE to go after JB.

The whole disregard the evidence of the scene made me lose it.

JB talked for 3 hours! ugh! Felt like 30 hours.

Bill S, on WFTV saying JB was very generous taking up for JA and not asking for sanctions. Is he kidding? JB was at fault, too, especially making his laughing guy statement. That only called the jury's attention to JA. I'm sure they were watching JB and his storyboards (or napping) when it happened.

I have watched many, many trials, gavel-gavel on the old, original Court TV over about a 7-10 year period every day.. I was a trial addict, actually.

My opinion is that Baez's closing argument ranks among the best I have ever witnessed as it relates to creating reasonable doubt in a TOUGH, TOUGH case. I didn't think he had it in him, but . . .

I don't know what actually happened, in detail, to Caylee, and no one else on the planet does, but I know that a pre-meditated murder verdict is not a slam dunk.

I am willing to be proven wrong, but for those who have followed this case relatively closely and can still be objective about it, hang on to yer hats!!

You will NEVER get me on a jury! (prolly too old anyway ) because he (JB) can get away with this and sound convincing and persuasive to SOME because the jurors (and possibly some posters here and certainly the TH's) don't have all the information that is out there. It makes me sad for the system.......that, and some other things.JMO

popcorn.gif

wow. Thank you for that it put a huge smile on my face after sitting through all of that.

It's more like the EBC Defense Theory, than the ABC theory, as Mike Brooks referred to it. Everybody BUT Casey

If ICA does NOT get the DP, then maybe a DINGO will get her... wishful thinking on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0