Is anyone afraid to search things on the computer now ?

Jovi Girl

Reaction score
With all this back and forth about the computer searches, is there anything any of you are hesitant to look up on your home computer ? I thought this topic would help distract us and lighten moods while we wait for the jury to make their decisions. For me, I wonder if my websleuths activity will ever cause me grief. LOL

Ha, ha I thought about it, but then with all of the stuff I have already searched since I have had my laptop, I'd be in big trouble anyway. So I went ahead and searched a few of the terms that were on Casey's computer just for the heck of it :)

I'm hoping my stacks of notebooks with cases I am interested in, and notes for possible novels, would back-up my gory searches...but they would still make for headlines if I am ever charged with murder.

No way. I'm naturally inquisitive and will always search something I've overheard or read to find out more.

Plus, I'm not in the head space that Casey Anthony was in either.

Searching peculiar things is only relative if you do something wrong. For normal, law-abiding people, it's just curiosity.

With all this back and forth about the computer searches, is there anything any of you are hesitant to look up on your home computer ? I thought this topic would help distract us and lighten moods while we wait for the jury to make their decisions. For me, I wonder if my websleuths activity will ever cause me grief. LOL

I wouldn't worry about Websleuths were you are anonymous. Facebook or other social media were you personal info may be exposed is a differant matter.I read that for employment purposes some background checks include social media. Look out.

No way. I'm naturally inquisitive and will always search something I've overheard or read to find out more.

Plus, I'm not in the head space that Casey Anthony was in either.

Searching peculiar things is only relative if you do something wrong. For normal, law-abiding people, it's just curiosity.

Well it could be awkward if you were accused of a crime, even if you were innocent...

Only of being found obsessive. I looked at my history for the last three days because I was looking for a link and 98% of my history was related this this case: WBS, wftv, comprised the majority of my history haha!

I'm scared as hell. Even before I read about KC I knew that if I end up on the wrong side of the court those searches will be used against me. KC's case just confirmed it.

And frankly I don't believe in chloroform theory. Making chloroform isn't an easy task and definitely out of KC's intelligence range. She searched because of the picture posted by her boyfriend. The traces of chloroform in the car were because Cindy cleaned the car with household cleaners. But prosecutors used it anyway.

I'm scared as hell. Even before I read about KC I knew that if I end up on the wrong side of the court those searches will be used against me. KC's case just confirmed it.

And frankly I don't believe in chloroform theory. Making chloroform isn't an easy task and definitely out of KC's intelligence range. She searched because of the picture posted by her boyfriend. The traces of chloroform in the car were because Cindy cleaned the car with household cleaners. But prosecutors used it anyway.

We discussed this a while back in another thread...one of our members did it in his backyard, another said it was relatively easy, and then we went off on a tangent about making aqua regia in the backyard...At any rate, don't think she had to have the ratios right to make a toxic product and don't know enough about whether a bad mix would still off-gas chloroform, but someone here did and wrote about it.

Nope, I'd be able to prove I often post on true crime forums and need to research sometimes prior to commenting. :)

Nah, because anyone who knows me knows that I'm an advocate for children, and I look up so many cases. Hubby can verify that (as can my son). I've looked up some pretty pecuiliar stuff in the last couple of years. Also, if LE got ahold of my pooter, they would know how much I posted here. Kinda tells a lot, eh?

I haven't killed anyone (nor will I ever), but I look at all my searches as positive! Sure, others may look at in a different light, but DH and DS know me much better than that!

MOO

Mel

Ha ha. Yep. Scared. And I'm sure my multiple trips to this site to read about terrible things isn't good, either.

Nah, because anyone who knows me knows that I'm an advocate for children, and I look up so many cases. Hubby can verify that (as can my son). I've looked up some pretty pecuiliar stuff in the last couple of years. Also, if LE got ahold of my pooter, they would know how much I posted here. Kinda tells a lot, eh?

I haven't killed anyone (nor will I ever), but I look at all my searches as positive! Sure, others may look at in a different light, but DH and DS know me much better than that!

MOO

Mel

Spot on-and furthermore, no one would have any reason to ever be looking at my private stuff/searches.
Billie Dunn had a lot of sleuthy type stuff or murder type stuff in her possession, but she also was involved in drugs, child *advertiser censored* and the overall content of the crime stories she collected were over the top, from what I remember. And her daughter ended up not-so-mysteriously missing.

LE would know, based on surrounding circumstances, what the deal is.
Besides, if you think our computers look hinky, imagine what the mods' PC's look like, or Val's, or JWG's, etc. Since we're all interconnected, we'd have to be the biggest "Manson Family" ever!

We celebrate FREE SPEECH and First Amendment Rights this weekend. Hooray.

You should see all the crap I've looked up in regards to this case. You'd think I was going to go chloro my baby. lol

Kinda but I'm more afraid to find a dead body.

No, but I have decided its probably best to just destroy it, and buy a new one ever year or so !! :)

No, not too concerned. I did let my mom in on why I was looking up the FBI's 10 Most Wanted, and missing people...I'm not planning on becoming a fugitive, and if I go missing it won't be because I researched it and wanted to disappear. I've alwasy cared about the missing, and bringing them home. I have an inquisitive mind...my computer history is a reflection of that. However, I won't be committing any crimes. Worrying would be a moot point.

My first post here. I've lurked. This is an amazing community of caring people who really put their heads together on so many topics. I've learned so much from so many of you.

re BBM:

It isn't easy? You must not think much of casey's intelligence, then, if you don't think she could handle this:

Making chloroform.

To make chloroform, you will require the following laboratory chemicals and ingredients:

Bleach
Pure acetone, which is available at hardware stores
Ice
Glassware, which will allow clear vision of the solution inside
Separation funnel

Making the chloroform. The instructions to make chloroform are listed in an easy-to-follow bulleted list:

Start by filling up a glass container with half a liter of bleach
Pour 10 ml of the acetone into the container.
Keep aside for 20 minutes to ensure complete reaction. In a while clouding up can be seen with an increase in temperature.
Allow time for the reaction to settle. This will take about half an hour, but if after this time also the solution does not appear to be settling, a stir will help.
Once settled, you will see either be a white powder residue or a bubble at the bottom. This is chloroform.
Pour the solution out with care, ensuring that no powder or bubble leaves the container.

keep in mind, also, she didn't google "What is chloroform". It was how to MAKE it. (followed by acetone, inhalation, etc).

Oh yeah - my goose is cooked if anyone looks up my history. Just tonight I was on a million different true crime stories, then I watched some memorial videos on youtube, then I watched crazy soccer mom videos, then I watched Nanny cams and some other crimes against children stuff. One thing led to another which I hope shows I'm just nosey rather than a complete freak. My google history is empty though all click throughs tonight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back